Clyde Season 23/24

If I was informed (by my mate, a fan of the parent club in question - source was named) that it was an agreed transfer and not just something he'd heard around the place, I'd happily divulge who it was. As it is, I'm not going to publicly name the club or player on the off chance there's nothing to it, or even worse it alerts other clubs to their potential availability before any deal has been concluded.

There was me thinking folk would just be happy to hear we're apparently trying to can Jack Leighfield!

On 10/12/2023 at 16:59, Johnny Worm said:

David Mitchell?

I'd be very surprised if that were the case. He's only out of the Thistle starting team because he was injured and replaced by Sneddon who has stayed fit and has done nothing to warrant being dropped. If we let him go our only cover is a young guy currently on loan at Gretna. 

12 hours ago, Walter said:

I'd be very surprised if that were the case. He's only out of the Thistle starting team because he was injured and replaced by Sneddon who has stayed fit and has done nothing to warrant being dropped. If we let him go our only cover is a young guy currently on loan at Gretna. 

Aye I wouldn't expect it to be Mitchell either. Could be back in the Thistle side sooner rather than later if a couple of the Raith goals on Friday into Sneddon are anything to go by.

On 03/12/2023 at 23:53, Clyde01 said:

Anyone know the situation with the matchwinner retro shirts? Was the end of October I placed the order and heard not a peep since. Has anyone else received theirs or know the timescale? 

Mine arrived today, hadn't heard anything since the confirmation email in October and didn't receive an email saying it was dispatched either.

2 hours ago, Tartan Pants said:

I’m sure that the manager and Maitland have identified players that we need in January.

🤞 just as important, they’ve watched them enough to know who to get rid of, if possible, which is most of the current players , we need to strengthen all over the park.

Edited by shawfielder

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

All quiet on here after the AGM last night. 

Thomson voted back in by a good margin, Lowry voted back in, Maitland voted in with 100% for, expect a nearly new squad to be coming in January clubs sorting out release papers just now for players expect a fair few to go

Looking in from the outside how much money is going to be thrown at this?

A whole new squad?

I guess the first couple of signings need to be correct as who in their right mind would join the team just now? Get the first couple right and it becomes obvious your are not joining a sinking ship.

Maitland alluded to more senior players potentially being harder to shift; based on recent form, though, I wouldn't be too dismayed if Carswell and Forbes stuck around, albeit my preference would be for both to be replaced. Looking forward to another Barry Ferguson-esque window; it really has been too long. It'll be another challenge for McCall knitting together a whole bunch of new players mid-season, but likely one that's far easier than getting a tune out of our current gaggle of no-hopers.