Clyde Season 23/24

2 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

I stopped playing about a year before Covid (kids) but at that time on a Saturday pitch 1 was booked 9-5 (schools then league matches) and pitch 2 from about 12-5 (league). Sunday was less busy but still both pitches in use 1-4, with pitch 1 used a bit outside that. It was booked 6-9 every evening for club training. Scottish schools played on it, and all Scotland games. Four clubs played their home matches there - men and women, two for full club and two for 1st XI as pitch was National League Div 1 compliant. St Aloysius used it too - during week and Saturday morning for school matches. 

Not sure it could have been used much more, and that was in spite of facility being badly run - mainly the refusal to do anything decent with the bar area which otherwise would have been full after matches for match teas, pints while watching other matches etc. Which was the model they originally wanted to create (works at most European clubs)

Since Covid they’ve not reopened it so you need to change at the five a side pitches - including the girls / kids. I imagine that put some people off. The cynic in me thinks they may have deliberately tried to reduce usage over time to make the final closure decision easier. 

Familiar sounding story in terms of using Covid to pull the trigger.  That does sound a fair bit of usage. Linn Park Golf Course is another.   Got the full story from locals there, same idea, it's been shut since Covid but the drums were beating before that.   GCC are legally bound to maintain that up to a point it doesn't grow wild, but not to an actual course standard

That was another traditionally pretty well used but again can only assume budgets mean they're absolutely screwed.  They're literally begging to get rid & I hear most councils are the same

I know Fleshers Haugh well obviously.   The 5 a sides are always really busy.   It did seem the hockey pitch was pretty well used, often saw the lights on.  The least used are the grass pitches, weekends only at best, only during the football season.   If it's true about the hockey place, can only assume Glasgow Life view the maintenance of the grass pitches less cost wise, because if it was down to usage alone, it's be those that are up for grabs.   Does seem strange one.

On 23/12/2023 at 09:18, Mediocre Pundit said:

I hope you get sorted, but as an ex-hockey player who played at GG for a number of seasons it would be the piss cherry on the shite pie of Glasgow Life’s management of the national fucking hockey stadium if they transfer it to a football team. It’s a great facility, shambolically managed because they clearly give no fucks about the third biggest participation sport in the country - a facility that was fully booked every weekend up until Covid. 

Hockeys a stupid game. In my day if you didn’t play football there was something wrong with you.

What players do you seriously think are good enough for this level?

Logan Dunnachie, Ray Grant, Liam Scullion, Barry Cuddihy, Martin Rennie and Connor Young.

I would also want to extend Kian Leslie's loan to the end of the season. Other than that the rest is filler at best.

1 hour ago, BWAClyde said:

I would also want to extend Kian Leslie's loan to the end of the season. Other than that the rest is filler at best.

I think Leslie is probably a luxury we can’t afford. He’s shown very little end product but mostly that’s because we’re not capable of playing in a manner that suits him. I think he’d be very good at a team with less to worry about, similar to Alex King.

I‘m more pessimistic than most when it comes to the January arrivals. I think we can talk a good game about eight or nine arrivals, but in the crunch and when other teams in better situations are recruiting in the same pool, we won’t get some of the names were in for.

I believe it’ll be more like five or six through the door which means jettisoning the players just not good enough and trying to add real quality to supplement what we have.

I’ll see how close I am but my guess for some names out would be Parry, Craig, McCulloch, Mulvanny, Gunn, Forbes and maybe Carswell? The latter feels like he’s not quite going to be a good choice at either CB or CM, especially with Hamilton coming in. I’d think we’d send King back and keep Stevenson and Leslie.

2 hours ago, BWAClyde said:

What players do you seriously think are good enough for this level?

Logan Dunnachie, Ray Grant, Liam Scullion, Barry Cuddihy, Martin Rennie and Connor Young.

I’d keep all of the above and Sula but that’s it.

Glasgow City Council reveal reasons for rejecting Bully Wee's bid for Crownpoint move

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/clyde-fc-glasgow-city-council-31760332

I can't help but suggest it's possible negative comments may have been canvassed by those supporting the Finnart bid and their powerful friends.

Perhaps Clyde should have played dirty and canvassed our supporters to enter negative feedback of the Finnart bid

Hopefully Clyde ask for a breakdown of the negative comments including numbers and issues.

Edited by haufdaft

32 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Glasgow City Council reveal reasons for rejecting Bully Wee's bid for Crownpoint move

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/clyde-fc-glasgow-city-council-31760332

I can't help but suggest negative comments may have been canvassed by those supporting the Finnart bid and their powerful friends.

Perhaps Clyde should have played dirty and canvassed our supporters to enter negative feedback of the Finnart bid

Hopefully Clyde ask for a breakdown of the negative comments including numbers and issues.

images.jpeg-1.jpg

I expect we will just ignore this and move on. It seems we are still working with GGC so I don’t assume the relocation team will not want to rock the boat too much. 
As most now know, considering those (Officials) close to Finnart, that it’s been a particularly political decision,  coupled with an initial survey that might well be open to question?  Unfortunately we can’t do much about it now. Just a pity the Council took so long to let us know.

In any case we move on and try again elsewhere I assume. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY