Clyde Season 23/24

Maitland and McCall are their own worst enemy at times by being too open about their plans, don’t doubt for a second they are working really hard to get players in, but given how difficult it is to get them over the line they perhaps would have been better just to say in public that they are trying to sign players in this window. Saying it’s going to be multiple players in this week just builds anticipation and in our case probably disappointment when it doesn’t happen for what ever reason.
Still hopeful obviously, as it would be great to build on last Saturday’s optimism and positivity.

It’s obviously hugely important to make sure we bring in the right players and I can appreciate that this process takes time and, with that in mind, we may need to wait until towards the end of the window before we see more movement. However, given our precarious position and, as FREDDYFRY mentioned above, given the aggressive language used for months in relation to this transfer window, I think it’s natural for a bit of panic to creep in amongst the support.

I did hear some names mentioned on Saturday and would be very happy if some of them materialised but I’ve no idea whether they’re purely rumour or not. I won’t mention names but it does sound as though we’re at least looking to bring players in for a higher level.

It is worth remembering that we’ve already brought three players in already this window and Ray Grant coming back into the team feels as good as a new signing. However, if we haven’t made another signing by around this time next week, I will be beside myself with panic!

Edited by Replays

If we had kept King I would have been happy enough going into the weekend.  Then again Rennie might be fit so he might be back with Leitch dropping further back.

In all reality if there were players lined up they would have been signed by now (as the 3 that have been signed were in place before turn of year)

With other teams looking at their squads and who they want to keep and who they dont I now dont expect anyone to come in until the last day or so of the month (as thats when most activity tends to happen) when I am expecting about 5 or 6 to come in.

9 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

If we had kept King I would have been happy enough going into the weekend.  Then again Rennie might be fit so he might be back with Leitch dropping further back.

In all reality if there were players lined up they would have been signed by now (as the 3 that have been signed were in place before turn of year)

With other teams looking at their squads and who they want to keep and who they dont I now dont expect anyone to come in until the last day or so of the month (as thats when most activity tends to happen) when I am expecting about 5 or 6 to come in.

4 hours ago, The Woolly Bee said:

Years of browsing, but finally forced to create an account just to block Cheery McChew..

'mon the Clyde.

It’s an old boys club here mate.

to qualify you need to be a certified idiot and think Clyde are not going to get relegated.Your in the right place.Keep being agreeable and don’t tell the truth and you will be popular. Another happy clapper they are going to love you😂

32 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Zanatta would be a terrific signing but you'd imagine him to have his pick of the PT teams able to match his wages in the bottom two leagues. Getting a big fish over the line might help secure other signings so hopefully we can get one done soon.

Players don’t want to sign for Clyde and have the shame of getting relegated unless they are getting plenty poppy.

You are entitled to your opinions - whether they be negative, negative or negative - but now that you have done so ad nauseum and nearly everyone is blocking you what is left for you to "achieve" here?  Surely there must be something or someone else that you have a genuine and meaningful passion for where you don't get up the nose of everyone you interact with.....or perhaps not...