Clyde Season 23/24

45 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

To be honest I don't see what other Clyde fans seem to see in Kian Leslie.

His impact on matches up to now has been pretty minimal.

I would agree with this. I remember Killie fans commenting on our thread when we initially signed him saying about how he was "rapid" and "you've got a player on your hands". I'm yet to see evidence of either tbh. He's decent but not great.

Looks like AM and IM could end up with egg on their face with their “there will be about 9 in and the same out” statement

Though to be fair I think AM said at the fans meeting last month that a few would come in at the start with the rest coming in at the end. Though I’m sure he didn’t mean the last day - which may end up being the case

Anyway desperate times call for desperate measures

Jordan Allan & DGW (will put on my tin 🪖 now) - both would however guarantee 20+ goals between them the rest of the season.  We need to win games and need to score goals.

Alex King and Liam Brown who recently left EK in midfield.  Genuinely think there a player in King but only with better players around him which he now has with Grant and Cuddihy back in midfield.  

Any competent RB and LB you can think off that can either defend or deliver a good cross (if they can do both then all the better)

There your final 6.

Edited by Bullyweeno1

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:

To be honest I don't see what other Clyde fans seem to see in Kian Leslie.

His impact on matches up to now has been pretty minimal.

Absolutely agree. One goal and two assists in the league for an attacking player is not very good whatsoever. We need players that can take games by the scruff of the neck and unfortunately Leslie has very little end product. He is *a body* though and unlike several of the other Duffy/McLean signings, looks like he’s played Association Football before, so that’s something.

Again, like Alex King, I think he would really suit playing in a better team. He’s got Clyde-itis.

8 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Looks like AM and IM could end up with egg on their face with their “there will be about 9 in and the same out” statement

Though to be fair I think AM said at the fans meeting last month that a few would come in at the start with the rest coming in at the end. Though I’m sure he didn’t mean the last day - which may end up being the case

Anyway desperate times call for desperate measures

Jordan Allan & DGW (will put on my tin 🪖 now) - both would however guarantee 20+ goals between them the rest of the season.  We need to win games and need to score goals.

Alex King and Liam Brown who recently left EK in midfield.  Genuinely think there a player in King but only with better players around him which he now has with Grant and Cuddihy back in midfield.  

Any competent RB and LB you can think off that can either defend or deliver a good cross (if they can do both then all the better)

There your final 6.

With one exception I agree with this. An upgrade at left and  back cannot be too much to ask...

This weeks Terrace lower league podcast is a good listen, with @Francesc Fabregas and @Jan Vojáček offering up some disappointingly level headed discussion on Clyde Football Club.

A sensible point was made that’s been put forth here before, that McCall should be trusted and is a man who drives a hard bargain. Chances are he has bodies in the wings but signing them to contracts is potentially pointless when realistically, they can’t play until next weekend so paying them now isn’t ideal.

However, that chat done nothing to satiate me. I’m hungry for signings and I want them NOW.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This weeks Terrace lower league podcast is a good listen, with @Francesc Fabregas and @Jan Vojáček offering up some disappointingly level headed discussion on Clyde Football Club.

A sensible point was made that’s been put forth here before, that McCall should be trusted and is a man who drives a hard bargain. Chances are he has bodies in the wings but signing them to contracts is potentially pointless when realistically, they can’t play until next weekend so paying them now isn’t ideal.

However, that chat done nothing to satiate me. I’m hungry for signings and I want them NOW.

It's something that FF touched on in the podcast too, but I think it's all about next season for Clyde. McCall inherited an absolute shitshow. The signings you've made (and just having him as the gaffer) are enough to stay up already imho. Although a goalkeeper would make sure of that, and someone with the talent of Jordan Allan would be a bit of a coup.

But I think McCall (and Clyde) will be looking longer-term. Do you give a player good enough to avoid relegation but not good enough for a title tilt next year an 18 month deal now just to get him in the door? I don't think that's sensible. Get enough in to get over the line this season comfortably enough; guys like Hamilton, Howie and Leitch are certainly that. But have the buildings blocks in place to get some very early deals sorted in the summer when the market is a lot more active would be my tactic if I was Clyde boss.

51 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It's something that FF touched on in the podcast too, but I think it's all about next season for Clyde. McCall inherited an absolute shitshow. The signings you've made (and just having him as the gaffer) are enough to stay up already imho. Although a goalkeeper would make sure of that, and someone with the talent of Jordan Allan would be a bit of a coup.

But I think McCall (and Clyde) will be looking longer-term. Do you give a player good enough to avoid relegation but not good enough for a title tilt next year an 18 month deal now just to get him in the door? I don't think that's sensible. Get enough in to get over the line this season comfortably enough; guys like Hamilton, Howie and Leitch are certainly that. But have the buildings blocks in place to get some very early deals sorted in the summer when the market is a lot more active would be my tactic if I was Clyde boss.

The squad we have at the moment will finish in the bottom half of the lowland league next season. The club will get relegated and mcCall will leave for another job in league 1 or league 2. Most of the players will also leave as they will be out of contract and wait till you see the recruitment for the lowland league. Gordon Thomson will then resign 3 years to late and  the club will last one season then go bust and some idiot somewhere will still think we are going to build a stadium. HAVE I WENT TO FAR.

@Jan Vojáček I see that “Jimmy Choo” has replied to your post - won’t look at the message because I, as have most of the borderline sensible folks on here, have him muted - but I’d imagine it’s some absolute word salad with an ALL CAPS section. He’s a turnip. A lonely turnip.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

2 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Jimmy Choo is, pound for pound, the worst poster on Pie and Bovril. I hate him so much!

Absolutely. I normally revel in other individuals making themselves look hopelessly pathetic (which makes me feel better about my own sad little life!) but even I find him to be too much. 

Edited by Brian Carrigan

23 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

@Jan Vojáček I see that “Jimmy Choo” has replied to your post - won’t look at the message because I, as have most of the borderline sensible folks on here, have him muted - but I’d imagine it’s some absolute word salad with an ALL CAPS section. He’s a turnip. A lonely turnip.

It starts by saying that this Clyde squad will finish in the bottom half of the Lowland League. Stopped reading after that.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Fancy joining our board of directors with that level of common sense you display?! Or even the position of chairman?!

46 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

How do you mute he’s boring me.

Click on the drop down menu at your name (top right), then click Account, then Ignored Users. Type in the name in the search bar and that's you. I'm not even a Clyde fan and I've got the gimp on ignore. 

16 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Fancy joining our board of directors with that level of common sense you display?! Or even the position of chairman?!

:lol: Why not.

I'll make Clyde great again!