Clyde Season 23/24

He did ok, I found it hard to decide what I thought was his natural position, I don’t think wing back was it though. He is young and determined and never really let us down. TBF to him he was playing alongside a lot of sh1te and he has time on his side to develope, too soon to write him off yet.

37 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Was just coming on to ask how he was for you guys?

Seems to be broadly highly rated by us (as we usually loan to the lowland league or below). 

We were lowland league (or below) quality for the first half of the season and he didn’t particularly stand out. He did manage to be offside more times in one game than Inzaghi managed in his full career so that was impressive in itself. Has something about him but needs game time in a fixed position to learn his trade. We aren’t well placed to be developing youngsters right now, we need guys that know what they are doing in the door.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Was just coming on to ask how he was for you guys?

Seems to be broadly highly rated by us (as we usually loan to the lowland league or below). 

He ll probably become a Kris Doolan like Kris Doolan did for you after a brief loan spell with us

Send them to us with the clear objection to try but not too much

Joking aside he aint any worse than Jay Henderson who seems to have racked up a few PL appearances

Yer Mithers Pride

Not the worst player we've had this season (of which we've had nearly a full set), but he isn't ready yet - even at this level - and not the calibre we need to play our way out of the current predicament.  We need another couple of players in who can hit the ground running and better options amongst those on the bench.

Good luck to the guy though, no problems with his workrate.

Yeah, was hoping for an announcement or two on the players front. Also, did we not get told there was supposedly an announcement about GCC and a new proposal for a stadium/land coming this week that's almost done? 

Good prospect. Absolutely rapid and has potential as a dribbler. While his crossing tends to be really poor, it looked like it had improved when he played in the Youth League earlier this season and he tries to pick teammates out rather than just shelling balls in so that can offset that weakness. 

He's pretty poor in his own half when it comes to building up in possession and defensively, so he's a player with some attributes to make it big but I understand why he's not been given much of a chance. Hoping for the best. 

32 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Good prospect. Absolutely rapid and has potential as a dribbler. While his crossing tends to be really poor, it looked like it had improved when he played in the Youth League earlier this season and he tries to pick teammates out rather than just shelling balls in so that can offset that weakness. 

He's pretty poor in his own half when it comes to building up in possession and defensively, so he's a player with some attributes to make it big but I understand why he's not been given much of a chance. Hoping for the best. 

So a eighteen year old that can't cross or defend?

Just what we need

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

24 appearances for accies and played in the uefa youth league, so hopefully be decent. 

For balance, I’m fairly sure Josh mcculloch played in the uefa youth competitions too.

5 hours ago, Clyde85 said:

Lyon still starting today 🙄.

I think he has improved of late.  OK, keeping quiet about him during the games.  Said at the Bonnyrigg Rose game that he was having a good game and he then sold a goal.  But I think he is much improved since McCall came.