Clyde Season 23/24

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

This waiting for a player to become available reminds me of the wait for the one and only Steven Thicot.

Huge build up of expectation before they are available to play only for them to be completely shite.

Yeah it feels pretty ominous. 

We also need a lot more that one player at this point, so no matter who comes in, it won't be enough.

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

Chris Millar in as assistant? Saw someone on Twitter congratulating him on his retirement and speaking of a "new venture at Clyde"

Would make sense seeing as they crossed paths at Morton and Millar has literally just jacked the playing in. I'm sure he was assistant gaffer at Morton too and is quite well thought of as a coach.

Defensively we were good the last two games (two horrendous individual errors against Stranraer aside) but having the wee bit extra up top, and options on the bench, will make a massive difference. Presumably Mulvanny will be back as well.

10 hours ago, David W said:

Defensively we were good the last two games (two horrendous individual errors against Stranraer aside) but having the wee bit extra up top, and options on the bench, will make a massive difference. Presumably Mulvanny will be back as well.

It’s all to little to late.We need to sign good players now.We will join Berwick rangers Cowdenbeath east Stirling and Albion rovers in the lowland league next season.I bet they were in the same position as us and thought it couldn’t happen to them.

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

It’s all to little to late.We need to sign good players now.We will join Berwick rangers Cowdenbeath east Stirling and Albion rovers in the lowland league next season.I bet they were in the same position as us and thought it couldn’t happen to them.

We are told the money man has doubled his offer to the Club in terms of his donation......all well and good...but surely if he's a Clyde man he'd have expedited some of his commitment in order to ensure we got players in during the transfer window. So what if player's value rose exponentially in a short space of time...if he is what was needed pay the money and crack on.

At least Leslie has been released back to us from Kilmarnock and Rennie fit again according to Brian McClean.... there may be enough subs on Saturday to have a meaningful kick about at half time.

16 hours ago, David W said:

How can you expect to have a good defence with sula and peter grant at the heart of it. Peter grant cant run he cant win headers he doesn't have any strength and i would even play Harry McGuire before him at a push. In all seriousness Peter grant is easily the worst player i have ever seen bar none.

14 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Cowdenbeath have signed Dylan Duncan from Clyde on loan till Jan. 

He's certainly not ready for League 2 and has looked unbelievably out of his depth whenever he played, however he might do a job in the Lowland League. I'm interested in how he does with you.

Saying that, it's worrying that we're sending bodies out on loan considering we can barely fill a bench at the moment. Hopefully this means a couple of signings over the line before tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath.

1 minute ago, the_bully_wee said:

Alex King joins on loan. A series of testimonies from my Morton supporting bezzie:

"We won't loan him to you"; "folk would be raging"; "I don't understand why he isn't playing more for us"; "Nah"

Well that seems positive!

Here's very much hoping for at least one more, preferably a striker.