Clyde Season 23/24

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

In would take your own advice tbh.  I know for Clyde this is minor in the grand scheme of shittiness from your club.  At any normal club nobody would be condoning that behaviour.

I'm not condoning it. In fact, I specifically said in the next post that I do not condone such behaviour. My point is that I don't buy this affronted act you seem to be peddling. Are you genuinely hurt and/or shocked by what happened?

Most "normal clubs" don't have fans who set about opposition supporters with golf clubs after winning. You honestly think you're in a position to take the moral high ground here?

Edited by RutherGlen

Oh jeez, why are we even talking about the kit man. Gotta get over these kind of side shows. If there's violence tell the police; if there's silliness from opposing players then rebuke them (either verbally or by a physical adjustment to their wellbeing in the true spirit of the pre-woke era).

I think we seem embedded in some form of inertia or self-pity that will stop us improving enough to avoid playoffs.  I would suspect that recent results are not directly related in the case of most of the team to their actual ability but their loss of confidence/motivation or because they are only in it for a few months pay hike. The same might be said of Mr McCall, culminating in a team selection on Saturday that looks inexplicable and unjustifiable.

I wouldn't trust the chairman with a job as a lift attendant - even if he does have experience of going down quickly.  But to be seemingly sunk in early February in spite of recent signings does reek of the need for a total top-down overhaul but the irony is we can't do that till the stage where its probably academic anyway.

If we are in the LL with no backer, no ground, no community, no support then there realistically is no way back.

We stay up or we fold.  It really hurts to say that but we all know this has been hanging over us like chemotherapy for a lot longer than 2 seasons.

On 11/02/2024 at 02:20, Bullyweeno1 said:

You conveniently overlooked the most serious two points

Clyde fans on 2 separate occasions being attacked

Whats your comments on them?

Personally doesn’t bother me what antics your players get up to.  Just raising them as was part of an overall bad atmosphere today.

'Clyde fans on 2 separate occasions being attacked' takes two to tango lads. stop crying wolf and man up and take responsibly! 

Didn't see the second incident but saw the 1st, few Clyde fans came in shouting there mouth off. got a bit back from the home fans and decided to throw some punches. learn to take some banter back when shouting your mouths off. nothing said was even bad, saw few fans at the back even found it funny at 1st. 

have watched the highlights back and can clearly see Clyde fans throwing things at our players after the 1st goal and at full time! What on earth are you expecting them to do?! again learn to take it on the chin and take some banter back. fans jumping over the boards to get to players haha! come on lads give my head peace.

don't even start me on your so called 'kitman'. see McCall has installed his usual standards!!

Clyde fans up there with the worst we have had down here. spoilt a decent game on Saturday, glad it hasn't overshadowed finns 70 yard lob. 

9 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

The team have always presented themselves on the field in full and clean kit suggesting the guy does his job just fine. I don't condone the fact he appears to have given the Stranraer fans the two finger salute but, at the same time, I really cannot bring myself to care too much. We have far more important things to worry about like...our senior league status and potential survival. 

Any Stranraer fan kicking up a stink about one guy giving them the V sign needs a reality check - particularly when you consider a group of their own saw fit to attack our lot with golf clubs outside the ground. Gie's peace.

The kitman acting like a Ned and the Stranraer fans attacking our fans are two different things. I would like to see Clyde staff  who represent the club  have some class about themselves. 

2 hours ago, BLUEMEN1870 said:

'Clyde fans on 2 separate occasions being attacked' takes two to tango lads. stop crying wolf and man up and take responsibly! 

Didn't see the second incident but saw the 1st, few Clyde fans came in shouting there mouth off. got a bit back from the home fans and decided to throw some punches. learn to take some banter back when shouting your mouths off. nothing said was even bad, saw few fans at the back even found it funny at 1st. 

have watched the highlights back and can clearly see Clyde fans throwing things at our players after the 1st goal and at full time! What on earth are you expecting them to do?! again learn to take it on the chin and take some banter back. fans jumping over the boards to get to players haha! come on lads give my head peace.

don't even start me on your so called 'kitman'. see McCall has installed his usual standards!!

Clyde fans up there with the worst we have had down here. spoilt a decent game on Saturday, glad it hasn't overshadowed finns 70 yard lob. 

Sadly, The kitman has been with us since well before McCall joined.

10 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

I'm not condoning it. In fact, I specifically said in the next post that I do not condone such behaviour. My point is that I don't buy this affronted act you seem to be peddling. Are you genuinely hurt and/or shocked by what happened?

Most "normal clubs" don't have fans who set about opposition supporters with golf clubs after winning. You honestly think you're in a position to take the moral high ground here?

I don't think any neutral here is hurt or shocked by the kitmans antics, everybody is pishing themselves laughing at him and your club collectively losing their heid on Saturday.

FWIW, I'd want any employee sacked if they were acting like that after a defeat. He's on the pitch fighting with opposition players and he fucking washes the strips :lol:

14 hours ago, the bigger picture said:

You weren’t there, so you don’t know the facts. Guy should more passion than our esteemed chairman has done for the past 2 years. The camera of course will not have picked up the Stranraer fans attacking a wee lassies’s dad 5 mins into the game  or their vicious attack with weapons outside the ground, or their  team walking to the away end to gesture to the away support that they had ‘humped us etc’ or that they wanted to fight with half the Clyde team anytime they were tackled. In this world of click bait you should be careful who you vilify. 

Hi Ebbo

29 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think any neutral here is hurt or shocked by the kitmans antics, everybody is pishing themselves laughing at him and your club collectively losing their heid on Saturday.

FWIW, I'd want any employee sacked if they were acting like that after a defeat. He's on the pitch fighting with opposition players and he fucking washes the strips :lol:

Honestly does my box in when folk see that on Saturday and try and support/justify it. Clyde are a joke and have been for a long time. The literal last thing needed now is that stupid big arsehole causing it at full time, making the club look worse. To have so little self awareness at this point is absolutely wild. We’ve finally got a good manager in, good coaches and a decent squad to try and make the best of the situation, and this Ebbo dipshit goes tonto  Unbelievable. Boys a big wet blanket.

If you’re McCall, you’re surely having a sit down with him and keeping him away from the park if you can’t sack him for whatever reason. He should be gotten rid of though. It’s not his job, he can be dispensed and someone would 100% volunteer to do it until the end of the season and do a stand up job.

15 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

You take your life in your hands when you visit Stranraer.

The last time QP were there, some young Stranraer "lads" were looking for trouble in the car park. One of the women who worked in the wee bar was heading home and told the top boy to get up the road or she'd be onto his mum to tell him what he was up to. He got up the road. 

Edited by Hampden Diehard

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The last time QP were there, some young Stranraer "lads" were looking for trouble in the car park. One of the women who worked in the wee bar was heading home and told the top boy to get up the road or she'd be onto his mum to tell him what he was up to. He got up the road. 

Sadly it’s not wee kids but adults now who should know better. If the old Bill had to taser one of the arseholes I’d hate to think what Cosmic Joe thinks isn’t a pile of shite😜

Edited by the bigger picture

3 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Sadly, The kitman has been with us since well before McCall 

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Honestly does my box in when folk see that on Saturday and try and support/justify it. Clyde are a joke and have been for a long time. The literal last thing needed now is that stupid big arsehole causing it at full time, making the club look worse. To have so little self awareness at this point is absolutely wild. We’ve finally got a good manager in, good coaches and a decent squad to try and make the best of the situation, and this Ebbo dipshit goes tonto  Unbelievable. Boys a big wet blanket.

If you’re McCall, you’re surely having a sit down with him and keeping him away from the park if you can’t sack him for whatever reason. He should be gotten rid of though. It’s not his job, he can be dispensed and someone would 100% volunteer to do it until the end of the season and do a stand up job.

Don’t recall your post having a go at our assistant manager for getting sent off for foul & abusive language. Picking on the ‘big heavy guy’ easy target. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Based on that line I Should now be calling for at least 3 of their players to be sacked for their gestures to away fans at the end which were given without any provocation …. As someone else said get a grip ffs. 

3 minutes ago, the bigger picture said:

Based on that line I Should now be calling for at least 3 of their players to be sacked for their gestures to away fans at the end which were given without any provocation …. As someone else said get a grip ffs. 

If the officials had seen the players "gesturing" (whatever that means) to fans then they might have been yellow or red carded, as opposed getting sacked. 

You're the kitman. You shouldn't be on the pitch squaring up to opposition players and then giving the V sign to the crowd, left right and centre (and let's face it, you shouldn't have been on the pitch in any case). I'd expect you be sacked if you were the Stenhousemuir kitman