Clyde Season 23/24

7 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

How many does he get in all seriousness...we are supposed to aiming for promotion and after 4 league games we are 7 points off the top. Another 4 games and that could realistically be doubled.

It's not an exact science of course but I guess looking at the next three fixtures - Forfar, Elgin and East Fife. All three are propping up the table just above us so if we were to lose all three games then it's definitely time for McLean to go. 

I suspect he would be the first to hand in his resignation were that to happen though. 

Edited by RutherGlen

For what’s it’s worth I wouldn’t change just yet but he needs backing before the window shuts. Every spare penny should be put into making some signings. Even after the window closes we need some decent loan signings. Some forward players and full backs absolute priority. 

1 minute ago, Clyde01 said:

For what’s it’s worth I wouldn’t change just yet but he needs backing before the window shuts. Every spare penny should be put into making some signings. Even after the window closes we need some decent loan signings. Some forward players and full backs absolute priority. 

Absolutely. Also, if McLean needs help identifying players he needs to make this known and be given assistance in this area. Providing it's not in the form of Diamond & Co. 

And NOT Duffy!!!!!!

Edited by RutherGlen

38 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

It's not an exact science of course but I guess looking at the next three fixtures - Forfar, Elgin and East Fife. All three are propping up the table just above us so if we were to lose all three games then it's definitely time for McLean to go. 

I suspect he would be the first to hand in his resignation were that to happen though. 

There’s only one team propping up the table😁

40 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Ok that's fair....let's see

39 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Absolutely. Also, if McLean needs help identifying players he needs to make this known and be given assistance in this area. Providing it's not in the form of Diamond & Co. 

And NOT Duffy!!!!!!

So I'll ask you now, who within reason would you bring in to assist McClean identify loan players over the next 5 weeks?

1 minute ago, Right turn Clyde said:

So I'll ask you now, who within reason would you bring in to assist McClean identify loan players over the next 5 weeks?

I honestly have no clue but surely to Christ there's someone in the upper echelons of the club who does...?

27 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I honestly have no clue but surely to Christ there's someone in the upper echelons of the club who does...?

I think unfortunately that's the point. They don't. The Chair admitted as much when justifying Duffy's appointment only a few weeks ago when he said that one Board member played Jnr and one Board member once had a trial for Clyde, hence they were delighted that James agreed to take over all footballing responsibility....that went well eh?

14 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

We just got relegated and like any club, the intention surely is to bounce straight back...so we appoint a rookie manager who captained us the year before

when we could hardly buy a win....that appointment in itself is good enough reason for a vote of no confidence in the Board.

Stop being so nice, this is a results based business, look at the results. And before the "decimated  with injuries" excuses appear, someone thought it a good idea to sign injured players then tell us we will have the fittest team in the league. No-one told him we were training on Monday's when players muscles and strains had not the normal to recover.

2 outfield players on the bench today, such a disadvantage.

It's not very good really is it? But let's persevere until it's far too late.

It’s already too late. Everything you have said is spot on. Clyde is a great job for any experienced manager as it can only get better. Ian McCall gets my vote 

55 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

It is of curse far too late.........I was being sarcastic JC

This is the deal. Gordon Thomson won’t resign so he needs to make the decision of his life and replace McLean with a manager with a proven track record. None of this is McLeans fault I have to say but he should be offered a roll within the club.We then have a clear out in January and recruit wisely and secure our future in league 2 as promotion is gone now.Regroup and start again next season.

51 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

This is the deal. Gordon Thomson won’t resign so he needs to make the decision of his life and replace McLean with a manager with a proven track record. None of this is McLeans fault I have to say but he should be offered a roll within the club.We then have a clear out in January and recruit wisely and secure our future in league 2 as promotion is gone now.Regroup and start again next season.

Exactly...and thank you for removing that Pic...:)

We "might" get Crownpoint; we "might" see investment money from this anonymous donor; we "might" get a pleasant surprise with McLean; we "might" see the injuries to key players clear up in near future; we "might" see some of the so-called duds improve; we "might" get a result from loanees in the window and a couple of experienced guys in January.

I don't say the above with heavy sarcasm, but with the view (even if it sounds naive or over-simplified) that unless all the "mights" become "cannots" we have to keep the faith. Being bottom anytime isn't nice, but it is still much too early to write us off.

24 minutes ago, Walk Glasgow said:

We "might" get Crownpoint; we "might" see investment money from this anonymous donor; we "might" get a pleasant surprise with McLean; we "might" see the injuries to key players clear up in near future; we "might" see some of the so-called duds improve; we "might" get a result from loanees in the window and a couple of experienced guys in January.

I don't say the above with heavy sarcasm, but with the view (even if it sounds naive or over-simplified) that unless all the "mights" become "cannots" we have to keep the faith. Being bottom anytime isn't nice, but it is still much too early to write us off.

Keeping the faith and hoping for the best has got us where we are and sorry for stating the obvious you are to nice we all are. We need change now.