Clyde Season 23/24

27 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Praying to see ✍️ this a few times today and a few of the duds shipped out on loan. Not holding much hope though.

it’s like playing the Euromillions. Always have that optimism despite the writing being on the wall and knowing it will end with that inevitable feeling at the end of the night. 

Unfortunately I think we are absolutely snookered here, there is an absolutely toxic feeling around the club. All the eggs are in the Crownpoint basket, board apparently not willing to splash some of the donors money on a much needed goal scorer.

As has been said for years we are sleep walking to the lowland league, and the boards embarrassing conference league statement told us that’s where they were resigned to us going. 

If previous post about looking for out of contract and loan players are true then that doesn’t fill me with confidence. It’s a market that has been open to us this whole time, I’m not sure who they are expecting to unearth  that can help us out. 

The fact is we HAVE to spend money on transfers to get out this situation, especially up front or we might be as well turning the lights off. 

We are staring at the real possibility that we could end up with no Crownpoint and in the lowland come the end of the season. We would have no one to blame but ourselves for it either. 

As I say, much like the euromillions maybe our ticket will come in but can’t help shake the feeling that it’s September and I wish the season was over already. The fans will only turn up and watch the this utter tripe for so long.

Edited by Ocelot1877

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Instead of just jumping on anything he says for the sake of attempting to amuse yourself and a few others of similarly low IQ - think about it….. he’s not far wrong.

The Club is imploding in front of our eyes.

Interesting activity on the Owners site now with comments from high profile exec members on volunteers being dismissed and another complaining bitterly about the secret society who run our Club and continually breach the Club Articles and believe everything they do can be carried out in secrecy as they believe the owners cannot be trusted. Why have owners and boast about being Scotland’s first fan owned Club?

Now we are told, sorry we tried for a few strikers but didn’t offer enough and we are now looking for loans or out of contract players.

Never mind eh, the Board can spend their time counting the millions and looking for another new home when/if Crown Point is a no go.

Pinch punch - Welcome to September from the bottom of Scottish football

Thank you. It is clear that a lot of the fans cant see the wood for the trees. The club is now in a dangerous position and the board need to act now as the manager is the most important role at  the club at the minute and we have the wrong manager to get us out the mess we are in. Someone mentioned danny lennon and kevin thomson either of these would be on my wish list and it is priority number 1. i doubt lennon would consider coming back after the way we treated him and he was and is a successful clyde manager but we didnt support him when he needed it. Careful what you wish for.

27 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Unfortunately I think we are absolutely snookered here, there is an absolutely toxic feeling around the club. All the eggs are in the Crownpoint basket, board apparently not willing to splash some of the donors money on a much needed goal scorer.

To be fair, the board (or rather a representative from) has posted on the Owners’ Forum that we’ve spent the week trying to bring in a number of targets, predominantly forwards. Two of these included offering transfer fees that have been turned down but we’re continuing to explore other targets.

As such, I don’t think it’s a case of being unwilling to spend the money rather however, I do have to question why we are scrambling about at this late stage looking for a forward to come in. Whether you rated him or not, it was clear from the moment we sold Doherty that we should have been looking bringing in another forward of reasonable quality. Truthfully, the Duffyball squad that Jim assembled for us (and some unfortunate injuries) has left us in a right mess. It goes without saying that the Duffyball component lies squarely with the BoD.

Edited by SReplay

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Instead of just jumping on anything he says for the sake of attempting to amuse yourself and a few others of similarly low IQ - think about it….. he’s not far wrong.

Jimmy Choo's brother's account confirmed.

Saying one thing that's true amongst nine things that are absolute bollocks doesn't mean you should pay attention. The one true thing will have been said previously by someone who isn't a weird wee guy. That's why the majority of people on here have him muted.

image.png.dd8326b0ebe6cdf77c36ff3f66891c32.png

Edited by Brian Carrigan

16 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Saying one thing that's true amongst nine things that are absolute bollocks doesn't mean you should pay attention. The one true thing will have been said previously by someone who isn't a weird wee guy. That's why the majority of people on here have him muted.

It's a shame you always resort to insults like "weird wee guy" when you disagree. One of our long term benefactors got the same treatment from you when he supported the re-signing of Goodie....the branch were abused as a group by you too with all sorts of insults flying from your corner, and of course I get called names by you too.

How about reasoned discussion?

The idea of someone only agreeing with JC as they are a relative is just silly.......I disagree wholeheartedly on his suggestion of bringing Danny Lennon back but won't resort to calling him names for having a different opinion.

45 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

It's a shame you always resort to insults like "weird wee guy" when you disagree.

The person who operates the Jimmy Choo account is a weird wee guy, thats the best description for someone who spends a mad amount of the day being deliberately antagonistic on anonymous football forums (oh.... wait)

46 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

One of our long term benefactors got the same treatment from you when he supported the re-signing of Goodie

If you supported the signing of Goodwillie, you're also a weird wee guy. The man is a rapist and having him on board has irreparably damaged the club but... that's good for some people? Supporting someone like that is weird wee guy behaviour.

48 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

The idea of someone only agreeing with JC as they are a relative is just silly.......I disagree wholeheartedly on his suggestion of bringing Danny Lennon back but won't resort to calling him names for having a different opinion.

You must have missed what JC was like when his account first started posting on here. I don't know what he says now because he's been muted for months and months - perhaps he's turned into Sartre! I'll never know.

31 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

The person who operates the Jimmy Choo account is a weird wee guy, thats the best description for someone who spends a mad amount of the day being deliberately antagonistic on anonymous football forums (oh.... wait)

If you supported the signing of Goodwillie, you're also a weird wee guy. The man is a rapist and having him on board has irreparably damaged the club but... that's good for some people? Supporting someone like that is weird wee guy behaviour.

You must have missed what JC was like when his account first started posting on here. I don't know what he says now because he's been muted for months and months - perhaps he's turned into Sartre! I'll never know.

He's definitely mellowed since he started posting, I'll give you that, but when you look beyond that...he does make a lot of sense.

Let's not discuss Goodie...although I brought the subject by criticising your comments about the benefactor.

If by being antagonistic you mean has a differing opinion to others, that's an unfair comment and the time he spends on here is probably comparable to yours and mine.

20 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

There isn't a single position we don't need to add more quality in.

However, if we don't sign a striker with prover quality at League 2 level and a creative, forward thinking central midfielder to find said striker, we're absolutely ruined.

You sitting down?

I agree wholeheartedly with you.

8 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

With rumours of Forbes and Carswell away.......we need more than just strikers

Hopefully the rumours are true that both are away as bizarrely by both leaving would say the squad is improved.

Need two full backs, 3 midfielders and 2 strikers.  Not going to happen and would be surprised if we got anyone in other than maybe a few loans and unlikely we will be able to ship out the required number on loan as frankly who is going to take any of our full backs, midfielders or strikers.

Edited by Bullyweeno1

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Brian you need to focus your attention on Clyde and leave me alone as  i am married and i don't have room for an affair in my life. You are clearly clueless that all this shit is going on and you need to have a go at me. You clearly read my posts but can't add anything constructive to this chat. The fact you watch the simsons at your age is even more worrying.TO BE FAIR YOU COULD PLAY THE PART OF CRUSTY THE CLOWN.