Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

Absolutely. Obviously I wasn't at the game but going by the score line and the twitter updates, it seemed like the perfect game to start getting the legs moving again. I never read anything into pre-season as I've been here so many times before and very rarely does the season pan out the way that pre-season does.

Noticed from the clubs Twitter that a good number of the youngsters were given an opportunity. That's pleasing to see and maybe 1 or 2 will be deemed worthy of an established opportunity over the season. Godwin obviously impressed the support in his couple of substitute appearances at the tail end of last season, so maybe he can kick on. A supporter at the Albion Rovers game seemed to think he had an opportunity at Hearts, but if there is anything in that then it looks like nothing came of it.  I always think it's important for clubs at this level to give opportunities to youngsters in the game and to "produce our own" and it's always great to see a Ross McGeachie, Kyle Banner, Lee Hamilton, Cammy Binnie etc etc, come in, establish themselves as a regular, assuming they are good enough.

It sure was a peach, and some nice goals all in. It'll be an interesting season ahead for Spence, obviously a player that has done very well at this level historically, but maybe it just hasn't happened for him over the past 2 or 3 seasons. I thought he looked positive at the end of last season, so with a pre-season behind him and everything else, it'll be interesting to see how he does.

I think the options we have in attack now are a big strength in the side, if they can all it the ground running. 

Edit to add: Darren Young also saying that he is hopeful of bringing 1 more player in, assuming the board can fund it. I assume the funds will be found for 1 more, maybe a loan deal of sorts. Can't say we are really crying out for a position, but would still like to see another Right Wide player come in.

Edited by BB_Bino

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Edit to add: Darren Young also saying that he is hopeful of bringing 1 more player in, assuming the board can fund it. I assume the funds will be found for 1 more, maybe a loan deal of sorts. Can't say we are really crying out for a position, but would still like to see another Right Wide player come in.

I would like to see some cover for Cammy Clark again. Can't see we've got anyone decent if he gets injured/suspended.

14 minutes ago, gmca said:

I would like to see some cover for Cammy Clark again. Can't see we've got anyone decent if he gets injured/suspended.

Good shout @gmca, was forgetting about the Left Back position and with only having 1 in the squad then we do lack cover there.

On 28/06/2023 at 10:55, Quentin Taranbino said:

Highlights of the goals are up. Greig Spence header for second goal is a peach.

Some good finishing all round but defending looked horrendous

It's excellent movement and a good header but the goalkeeper standing looking at it till it was about 3 feet from him before deciding to dive was a fairly big factor. If he'd waited any longer to dive at it theyd already have been taking centre!

21 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Hmmmmm ok. Should I be concerned that I haven't received anything?

I received an email last night so you should have it now mate, if not then it's maybe worth contacting the club as the club are only going to hold seats until "mid July".

13 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

Just realised you are maybe talking about season ticket renewal,I was talking about Trust Membership renewal.

Yeah, got the Trust renewal email. And also got my season ticket one last night. All good!

Alloa and Falkirk away in our first three fixtures!