Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

12 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Interesting Quentin Taranbino as I’ve not heard any rumblings and/or rumours however I do have some concerns myself which are starting to grow.

I've heard from a well-placed source that the way the club is being run now is worse than it was under the previous regime, who I thought did a reasonable job overall but did have some glaring weaknesses and made some significant errors.

Like QB, I don't have an opinion on Brian Hamilton at the moment, but I'm beginning to fear his position is a means to an end and that he doesn't necessarily place the club's interests above his own. However, I stress this is just a feeling right now.

What I can assure you is that if we were mid-table in L2, supporter sentiment would be very different 

1 hour ago, Forth Banker said:

He's not Chairman, he's Football Operations Director, according to the announcement of his appointment. 

It's still disappointing not to have heard anything at all from him though.

Not sure on the difference between the role of chairman and football operations director - again something that hasn't really been made clear.

However, when Darren Young wants to sign a player, needs extra wages, or wants our club to negotiate with another club to complete a deal, it's my understanding that Brian Hamilton is that man?

Hypothetically if we were to miss out on a bunch of players so far because there is disconnect in that role, then that would have a big knock on effect to the first team and I assume the managers own level of contentment in his role, hypothetically. 

I'm sure everything is fine though. Hopefully get an update soon 

I'd like an update on the ticketing update.  If it is true that the said update, amounted to involving a ticketing firm who get 10% on every ticket sold, I'd like someone to explain how that's a step forward?  If it isn't true, I'll be delighted to read an official denial.

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I'd like an update on the ticketing update.  If it is true that the said update, amounted to involving a ticketing firm who get 10% on every ticket sold, I'd like someone to explain how that's a step forward?  If it isn't true, I'll be delighted to read an official denial.

It's about 5.6% if I remember correctly for Ticketco. There's a fairly industry standard fee of about 1.4% +20p for all transactions. So it's really less than 3.2% for the ticket company - I've had some nefarious offers from companies who would do it for less but judging by their advertised main clients were all cannabis oil companies... Needless to say I was dubious.

I do ours much cheaper but also I'm on the hop if the script breaks like it did on the Friday night before our game but for the vast majority of supports I'm only dealing with a few hundred tickets. Hardly need someone else's admin fee taking a cut on such a small number. 

9 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

It's about 5.6% if I remember correctly for Ticketco. There's a fairly industry standard fee of about 1.4% +20p for all transactions. So it's really less than 3.2% for the ticket company - I've had some nefarious offers from companies who would do it for less but judging by their advertised main clients were all cannabis oil companies... Needless to say I was dubious.

I do ours much cheaper but also I'm on the hop if the script breaks like it did on the Friday night before our game but for the vast majority of supports I'm only dealing with a few hundred tickets. Hardly need someone else's admin fee taking a cut on such a small number. 

I can well believe the fee got inflated  as it made it's way from one set of ears to the next.  It could  all be bollocks. That's why some communication would be good, so people know what changes were actually made.  

Just now, WC Boggs said:

I can well believe the fee got inflated  as it made it's way from one set of ears to the next.  It could  all be bollocks. That's why some communication would be good, so people know what changes were actually made.  

You pay something for the service but it'll be the same as Clyde and Queen of the South who also use Ticketco. It's also comparable fees to all the clubs who are using Fanbase.  To make out it's mismanagement is sensationalist to say the least.

You're just following all the other football clubs providing another option for people to pay. I don't carry cash and, personally, I think the admin generally is easier on cashless payments so should free up people to use their time on other responsibilities. In that respect it is progress.

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

You pay something for the service but it'll be the same as Clyde and Queen of the South who also use Ticketco. It's also comparable fees to all the clubs who are using Fanbase.  To make out it's mismanagement is sensationalist to say the least.

You're just following all the other football clubs providing another option for people to pay. I don't carry cash and, personally, I think the admin generally is easier on cashless payments so should free up people to use their time on other responsibilities. In that respect it is progress.

Ignore him, he has an axe to grind about anything the new board do.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

You're just following all the other football clubs providing another option for people to pay. 

People already had that option to pay, but without any middle man involved.  If that's changed and as far as I'm concerned it remains an if, it's hardly sensational,  but it is deserving of communication on why it was changed and any benefit on balance. That is the thrust of posts recently, communication rather than rumour.  

5 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

People already had that option to pay, but without any middle man involved.  If that's changed and as far as I'm concerned it remains an if, it's hardly sensational,  but it is deserving of communication on why it was changed and any benefit on balance. That is the thrust of posts recently, communication rather than rumour.  

What did they do before by comparison?

On 30/08/2023 at 22:38, Quentin Taranbino said:

It probably reads that I'm coming across as a Brian Hamilton hater but far from it, I literally know zero about the guy, what he is doing, what he is trying to do, why he is a good fit for the role, what experience he has or anything. It may well be he is doing amazing things at the club, but he should tell us about them now and again.

He had a meeting with the Supporters Club last Saturday, where he talked a lot and said very little. I'm still not sure what he actually does. 

4 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

What did they do before by comparison?

Ticketing was done  without using a ticketing company, that's all I know,  What methods or tech they used I do not know.  Maybe it's still done without using a ticketing company and the rumour has no basis in fact.  I doubt most fans will care about anything more than results on the pitch anyway.  Results are real, rumours often aren't.

Prior to this season I can hardly remember many games that tickets were even really necessary for.

I might be wrong but I don't think we were doing anything e ticket wise. The last time I remember having a ticket was the rangers away cup game and I'm pretty sure my brother picked up physical tickets from forthbank but I could be wrong.

I think it's pretty much a non issue using ticket co now. It seems to all work OK.

I am more concerned that for months, even when we were winning the league, the club response was underwhelming. I feel like they failed to capitalise on the title success. The coaching and playing staff did their bit and the fans kept turning up.

There may be great things going on I'm the background. The stadium improvements are a positive step forward.

If the supporters who are engaged feel like there's little info coming from the club, I find it hard to believe that much is being done to potentially grow the support.

I brought a couple of folk along to games last season for the first time. Both loved it and have been back again already this season and are keen to do it again.

Over the last year, we've actually had a decent product for the first time in years and I don't think we have done or are doing enough to sell it.

27 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

I am more concerned that for months, even when we were winning the league, the club response was underwhelming. I feel like they failed to capitalise on the title success. The coaching and playing staff did their bit and the fans kept turning up.

Over the last year, we've actually had a decent product for the first time in years and I don't think we have done or are doing enough to sell it.

Absolutely spot on, couldn't agree more!!

8 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Ticketing was done  without using a ticketing company, that's all I know,  What methods or tech they used I do not know.  Maybe it's still done without using a ticketing company and the rumour has no basis in fact.

Just wondering why do you write this rubbish?

Here's your ticket gateway. https://stirlingalbionfc.ticketco.events/uk/en. I wonder which ticketing company provides this service.

To be fair to the board, if they have something  positive to communicate they usually do.  Like many other boards in Scottish football there's no rush to go public with minor negatives.  Communication could be better, but  I see no conspiracy of concealment.  OK, engagement with the fans isn't  what they were used to, but over time that may improve,. 

On director Hamilton.  I know nothing about him to give me cause for concern.  His position despite the clumsy title he was given by the board,  is director of football.   I'd  only be concerned if his relationship with the manager and the coaches was one of conflict rather than cooperation. I see no evidence of any problem there.

For me the only really glaring omission on communication is any sort of mission statement on the future of the club.  Perhaps that is a work in progress?   There's not much point in making such a statement until you have formulated a plan to achieve it.

I'm not seeing any sign of impending disaster.  I am content with that after so much upheaval.  In fact I am quite relieved.

23 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

To be fair to the board, if they have something  positive to communicate they usually do.  Like many other boards in Scottish football there's no rush to go public with minor negatives.  Communication could be better, but  I see no conspiracy of concealment.  OK, engagement with the fans isn't  what they were used to, but over time that may improve,. 

On director Hamilton.  I know nothing about him to give me cause for concern.  His position despite the clumsy title he was given by the board,  is director of football.   I'd  only be concerned if his relationship with the manager and the coaches was one of conflict rather than cooperation. I see no evidence of any problem there.

For me the only really glaring omission on communication is any sort of mission statement on the future of the club.  Perhaps that is a work in progress?   There's not much point in making such a statement until you have formulated a plan to achieve it.

I'm not seeing any sign of impending disaster.  I am content with that after so much upheaval.  In fact I am quite relieved.

When I wrote the above, I was genuinely unaware of any internal strife at the club.  In fact I didn't  want to know really. I just wanted to support the team and blank anything else. out.  I assumed everything was running smoothly. I'd only  heard a dubious rumour about ticketing.  This morning I started listening  and found my comments above to be uninformed  bullshit!

Factional infighting again and this time no Stuart Brown to blame it on., The relationship between Mr Hamilton and Daren Young absolute crap.   Mr Hamilton allegedly trying to tell Darren how to pick his team  and Hamilton the claimed cause of Neil Marshall's departure.  There I was thinking everybody was pulling together and now I listen and get told it's a  f.....g  Punch and Judy show at every level. 

Well, no one's coming to the rescue, so I'm just carrying on supporting the manager and the team.  Let them get on with another episode of fan's owned farce.  A  recurring running battle like a vindictive factional power struggle for control of a miner's welfare.. Let the blood run free.