Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

15 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Not wishing to kick them when they are down but I noticed that Lee Hamilton was one of those not playing for EC on Saturday. Would have him back in a heartbeat. Think he'd probably be our best centre half. Him and Pabs would make a great partnership I feel.

Absolutely nothing to do with sentiment, but I would have him back also. I doubt Lee will be short of offers, he's a good Ball Playing Centre Back and would be a good addition to most teams at this level, certainly the Part Time ones. I was surprised he was let go in the first place, and it would be a good addition if he was brought back in. Would he be our best centre half.......oh I'm not sure I want to go down that road, but he is a good one and on the ball, he is probably more comfortable than our current options.

Well we didn't get Hamilton but we have signed Callum Crane.

On current form, he easily displaces Cammy Clark as first choice left back.

Ive always thought he was a decent player and I'm delighted with the signing.

Just a shame we have to wait until January.

I'm definitely excited for Saturday. Felt like the team had its mojo back second half on Saturday and despite a draw it was good to go home feeling entertained for the first time in ages

Somehow, I was locked out of my P&B account yesterday, however all seems to be working this morning.

Must admit, I was thinking a return for Lee Hamilton was a certainty when news came out of Edinburgh City players leaving the club. Think everyone would agree he is a good player at this level and and had a need for re-enforcements in his position, plus he came on and played well against Dundee in Ross McGeachie's testimonial match only a few months ago. However, what a cracking signing Callum Crane is, a very strong addition to the team, and as @WattersIsGod has said above, an upgrade on Cammy Clark at Left Back.

Sadly, Crane is another one in our squad, with a history of playing for that club with the cartoon badge, however I think we can let him off with that poor life choice for now. No, all joking aside, he has done well against us when I have seen him play for Berwick and Edinburgh City, and I'm looking forward to seeing him make his debut against Hamilton in January.

Looks like Santa answered my Christmas wishes and we now have a new left back in January 🙏... as said Callum Crane is an upgrade on our current left back 👍 every time I've seen him play he has looked decent, brings a bit more composure & positional awareness, 

It's been previously said as mentioned i thought it was going to be Hamilton also, but not to be,

How good would it be to add another striker in January to assist & compliment Carrick on the power of work he does for the team.

Can't wait until Saturday, i really feel so upbeat after Saturdays 2nd half performance, i know that we didn't win, but the togetherness,desire & spirit was much more evident, if we begin like that on Saturday,avoid giving away a soft lead & playing from behind i really think we can win this game..

On another note I'm looking to see if young Murray Miller can keep improving, i think he has now settled in & his performance on the park shows that, 

Thank you once again Santa 🎅 🙂

C'mon the Bino's 🇵🇪

3 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Looks like Santa answered my Christmas wishes and we now have a new left back in January 🙏... as said Callum Crane is an upgrade on our current left back 👍 every time I've seen him play he has looked decent, brings a bit more composure & positional awareness, 

Thought you'd be pleased....

After Saturday I can't blame Darren Young for seeking an upgrade there.

Second half it really stood out when everyone else was playing betrer.

I think its clear that Wilson is being seen as more of a left winger and I can't really disagree.

Be interesting to see who lines up there on Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cummins there. Think that means Wilson has to play left mid or we have no natural left footers on the left at all.

4 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Thought you'd be pleased....

After Saturday I can't blame Darren Young for seeking an upgrade there.

Second half it really stood out when everyone else was playing betrer.

I think its clear that Wilson is being seen as more of a left winger and I can't really disagree.

Be interesting to see who lines up there on Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cummins there. Think that means Wilson has to play left mid or we have no natural left footers on the left at all.

I'm absolutely delighted 😄 

Saves me from canvassing outside the thistle centre asking anyone if they can play left back 🤣

Yes i definitely have come to that same conclusion in regards to Wilson L/Mid... unsure of Cummings full fitness, but yes it's a no brainer to have him come in at left back 

Did you see DY interview on SATV youtube... he's unsure about Carrick,hoping it's just a niggle he said,, would be a huge loss for us, would leave us with only Thomo with Hilson probably playing off him, i think this is a level to high for Thomo but hopefully that will be addressed in January also 

Saturday has become a really big game for us and I'm really hopeful like yourself if we kick on from our 2nd half performance last week 

43 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

I think Cammy Clark is ok, but very much seems I'm alone in that opinion. Thomson is the one I watch and think he offers little. That's where I hope we get someone new in next month.

I think Cammy Clark is perfectly OK when he's showing his best form. He was good second half of last seasons and beginning of this one but his form lately has been terrible..

I thought he was easily our worst performer last week.

Tommo gets a hard time.....he can look pretty slow especially off the ball. His role seems to have changed slightly this season. He's right up top with Carrick slightly back from him almost playing like a 10. 

3 hours ago, unitedbino said:

I think Cammy Clark is ok, but very much seems I'm alone in that opinion. 

I wouldn't say you were alone on that opinion, it's my opinion also and I know a few others who share it. On his day he can also be very good, or like last Saturday, not so good, but ultimately he's just really ok. I hope he can develop and kick on to be a good or very good player at the club, but time will tell if that can happen. However, I feel if we are to kick on ourselves and establish Stirling as a League 1 team again, we need better at Left Back than what we are getting from Clark at this moment in time.

3 hours ago, unitedbino said:

I think Cammy Clark is ok, but very much seems I'm alone in that opinion. Thomson is the one I watch and think he offers little. That's where I hope we get someone new in next month.

Opinion is good & we are all entitled to it, one thing we all have is a passion for our team.... we may be in the lower leagues but nothing beats Saturday football at 3pm & a win for the bino's.... 

I just think this is a step up too much for Cammy,, DY also seen it at times last season when bringing in young Flynn Duffy in January to help our promotion push... I might be wrong in this but maybe DY seen Ewan Wilson as a left back loanee but has changed opinion & see him as L/mid... 

As for Thomo i think he was the only one signed up on 2 year contract so we always had him this year... again i think it's a bit to much for him..so slow in getting back onside also...needs an extra lung i think 🤔 Carrick must be a bit frustrated too,,it would be nice to get another number 10 to form a partnership & shift some of the focus from him with defenders & share the workload 

• 2 weeks later...

Hamilton game rearranged for the 20th and then Montrose the following Tuesday.

That will be 3 tricky home games in a row with Kelty the next Saturday.  We really need to be taking at least 4 points from the 3 of them. It feels like an age since we won at home.

Montrose up first on Saturday. We should be well rested at least....

Although 8th in the league, I think we are well positioned to achieve, what was our ultimate aim. With what is going on at Edinburgh, and with them being 10 points away from us, really it's ourselves and Annan battling it out to avoid that dreaded Play Off spot. 7 points clear of them gives us a nice wee safety cushion, but we've got to ensure that stays in tacked and if we can climb up, then wonderful.

I think Kelty is the key game of the 4 and the "must win one" although it's by no means a must win game. If we can pick up a point from Montrose and/or Hamilton then great, but I think Young and Co will have Kelty at Home as a 3 pointer as they'll surely be the team that we are looking to catch.

Kieran Offord signs on loan until the end of the season. Not a player I know personally, but a quick Google search shows that he is a Striker, with previous Loan experience at East Stirlingshire (13 goals in 18 games), Alloa ( 3 goals in 13 games) and earlier this season at Edinburgh City where he scored 2 goals in 19 games.

Anyone, shed any light on how they think he will do for us??

Nice to see us getting a bit of business done early in January with 2 players in as we stand. .A much needed left back (thank you Santa) & an attacking player to assist Dale Carrick upfront 👏 👌 

Definitely boosts the squad & a bit of competition for places, also a wee lift for us in the stands 

I think that we are all in agreement that the 2 we have brought in are the most needed, goalscoring hasn't been prolific with alot of the pressure on Carrick, unfortunate with Spenny injury,however he's due back in the next week, so that will be more squad depth, also he will be familiar with Callum Crane with both being at ECFC in the 1st half of the season, Callum Crane can hopefully fill the left back spot & give us that much needed stability 

I'm feeling really optimistic after our humbling against that lot from Grangemouth, let's kick on the 2nd half of this season 💪 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪

See you on Saturday at Montrose........  ❤️🤍

Would be interesting to see Carrick with someone more mobile and dynamic so he doesn't end up doing all the pressing.

Hopefully Offord fits the bill.

Would love to be going to Montrose on Saturday but sadly have much less exciting plans.

Glad we have strengthened a bit though. Now we just need to put in a 90 minute performance on the park