Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

4 hours ago, Boris Badenov said:

Not been on this site for ages, getting worried about finances and lack of info so I asked.

I was sent this link.

https://safctrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/Club-Report-Slides.pdf

Don't know when it was uploaded though.

It just shows what most of us already knew.The onfield performance didnt match the budget allocated to keep the team in League 1.

6 hours ago, Boris Badenov said:

Not been on this site for ages, getting worried about finances and lack of info so I asked.

I was sent this link.

https://safctrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/Club-Report-Slides.pdf

Don't know when it was uploaded though.

What a joke that read is 

Certainly won't achieve those attendances this year 

Certainly won't sell the same amount of season tickets...generate attendance figures from the Falkirk games at home 

Revenue figures posted...income..outgoing...wages...it's all just clumped together in a single plus & minus bracket..... they think that satisfies transparency....what a load of dug shyte...... 

Things we could improve on.... communication....yip it's non existent.... infrastructure....website...social media... it's all linked to the 1st thing....communication & engagement with the fans...supporters of OUR club 

You continue to treat us like fools...as previously mentioned 

100% behind Maybury and the players because they will need it this year...we are in deep trouble...so far behind..... it's very worrying 

No confidence in the board or trust..... absolute shambolic crowd of egotistical fools 😡

Edited by Beepee67

16 hours ago, Binos said:

We will not get promoted this year,  we are now in a rebuild phase no matter who the manager was

I don't know how you can say this, when we haven't even got a team to put on the park, you can re-build and be promoted, it's not either or. 

I watched Maybury's interview on YouTube this morning, and although the questioning is what you would expect from an official club media interview, I think he came across well. When Young was sacked, I posted on here that I didn't care who came in to replace him...I just wanted a manager who would encourage attacking football and would hopefully entertain the fans. The proof will be in the pudding as they say, however going by the interview, that's what he wants to achieve and that's music to my ears.

6 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I don't know how you can say this, when we haven't even got a team to put on the park, you can re-build and be promoted, it's not either or. 

I watched Maybury's interview on YouTube this morning, and although the questioning is what you would expect from an official club media interview, I think he came across well. When Young was sacked, I posted on here that I didn't care who came in to replace him...I just wanted a manager who would encourage attacking football and would hopefully entertain the fans. The proof will be in the pudding as they say, however going by the interview, that's what he wants to achieve and that's music to my ears.

How could we have kept any of those players looking at their wages

We would have gone bankrupt and explains why they have all left 

No doubt others are coming in but he's some job on

5 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Certainly won't achieve those attendances this year 

Some really ignorant comments in the last few posts, but this one takes the biscuit.  The report states an average attendance of 1064 towards the end of the season.  The average at the end of the season was 1091!  🤪

I think the report looks good, in terms of summary content and how it's presented.  Of course it doesn't have every single bit of detail we'd want to know as fans - that's not the purpose of the report and more importantly, much of that will be confidential informatiom.

Assuming the figures are correct, it looks like Darren Young had a far bigger budget than most fans thought, which means his performance as manager was much worse than it appeared solely looking at results in the last couple of seasons.

2 minutes ago, Gnash said:

Some really ignorant comments in the last few posts, but this one takes the biscuit.  The report states an average attendance of 1064 towards the end of the season.  The average at the end of the season was 1091!  🤪

I think the report looks good, in terms of summary content and how it's presented.  Of course it doesn't have every single bit of detail we'd want to know as fans - that's not the purpose of the report and more importantly, much of that will be confidential informatiom.

Assuming the figures are correct, it looks like Darren Young had a far bigger budget than most fans thought, which means his performance as manager was much worse than it appeared solely looking at results in the last couple of seasons.

Only you could include winning the league 2 title as one of a manager's worst performances.  Did that make sense in your head?

7 minutes ago, Binos said:

How could we have kept any of those players looking at their wages

We would have gone bankrupt and explains why they have all left 

No doubt others are coming in but he's some job on

We don't know their wages, because wages and bonuses have been lumped together.  Much of part time players earnings are made up of bonuses.  Since when have they been irrelevant to costs?

They have all gone before being offered a financial deal, so that explanation for why they all left is disingenuous  BS!

"he's got some job on."   That part you got right.

47 minutes ago, Gnash said:

Some really ignorant comments in the last few posts, but this one takes the biscuit.  The report states an average attendance of 1064 towards the end of the season.  The average at the end of the season was 1091!  🤪I

Average over how many games? You’re always going to be drawing bigger crowds for important games towards the end of the season such as playoff 6 pointers and the playoff games themselves. That’s not something you’d consider a success or something to brag about when those games are 6 pointers to avoid relegation and games in the relegation playoffs. 

well its clear that if we hadn't won the league the year before then the cost cutting exercise would have had to have happened before last season. it would also no doubt have been a worse loss with less prize money, lower attendances etc. 

it's hard to determine too much from such vague figures - wages presumably covers all staff, admin, coaching, playing.

so effectively, we were set up with a league one budget virtually. scary what it costs to put together a half decent squad to win league 2. the most gutting part is that it kind of nearly worked. the set up was almost break even last season (one more round in a cup should have done it).  it actually shows that we could be a sustainable club in league one.

i think it';s going to be hard to get out of league 2 on a reduced budget. i think Mr Maybury has his work cut out for him. 

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Only you could include winning the league 2 title as one of a manager's worst performances.  Did that make sense in your head?

How about you re-read what I said and then try again. 🙄

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Average over how many games? You’re always going to be drawing bigger crowds for important games towards the end of the season such as playoff 6 pointers and the playoff games themselves. That’s not something you’d consider a success or something to brag about when those games are 6 pointers to avoid relegation and games in the relegation playoffs. 

I agree.  

1 minute ago, Gnash said:

How about you re-read what I said and then try again. 🙄

You mean "his performance as  manager was much worse than it appeared solely looking at results in the last couple of seasons."  didn't apply to 22/23.  Is that what you're saying now?

While we're at it, what in your view was the purpose of that report?  I ask that because if you presented that to an auditor as an accurate and full submission, they'd laugh in your face and refuse to sign off on it?

3 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

You mean "his performance as  manager was much worse than it appeared solely looking at results in the last couple of seasons."  didn't apply to 22/23.  Is that what you're saying now?

While we're at it, what in your view was the purpose of that report?  I ask that because if you presented that to an auditor as an accurate and full submission, they'd laugh in your face and refuse to sign off on it?

they would. 

that's a very very high level document. you can tell a lot from it though. 

they went all in for the promotion push in season 22/23 and took a big gamble. the losses could have been a lot worse. its a good thing that it did pay off. you can almost see a strategy there - that league one would bring some additional income and that we could be near sustainable.  

the worrying thing is that it looks like it takes a loss making season to get out of league 2.  clyde look like this season's candidates.

i think it will be very difficult to compete for promotion with a playing budget vastly reduced. 

32 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

they would. 

that's a very very high level document. you can tell a lot from it though. 

they went all in for the promotion push in season 22/23 and took a big gamble. the losses could have been a lot worse. its a good thing that it did pay off. you can almost see a strategy there - that league one would bring some additional income and that we could be near sustainable.  

the worrying thing is that it looks like it takes a loss making season to get out of league 2.  clyde look like this season's candidates.

i think it will be very difficult to compete for promotion with a playing budget vastly reduced. 

I just feel sorry for Maybury.  He's got to sign an entire back four plus cover.  He's got 2 signed midfielders, one long term crocked. A 3rd swithering and zero cover.  An inherited situation that defies belief and we get insulted with propaganda about professionalism and efficiency for a suppository.  

I was wrong about one thing though. When these people took over I said on here they would bankrupt the club in 2 years. I have to admit that was wrong.  2 seasons later and we're just over half way there, with more than half of the contingency fund gone.

Edited by WC Boggs

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Wrong again! That was Aberdeen Bon Accord.

The Shotts variety were only formed in 1950.

I never knew there was so much bon accord in Scottish football.