Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

16 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Has Euan East signed anywhere yet? If he wanted to try his luck elsewhere, presumably for better wages, he’s running out of options and time. Likewise I don’t think Darren/Agent O’Reilly has signed for a team yet? No idea if we were in for him or would be interested but he is the sort of centre-half we could do with. Brody Paterson? Centre-half and left-back has to be the priority although I still wouldn’t mind another midfielder, especially if Devenny does leave. 

None of those 3 got a club yet, would be happy enough with either East or O'reilly.

Anyone remember what the pen looks like

55 minutes ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Aslong as we don’t sign Brody well he fine we were linked with Matthew Anderson Celtic youngster but he’s now on his way to Austria to play on Loan

Had heard that also 

Also had heard the Justin to Crystal Palace rumour but with him being loaned back. Maybe the reason he's had less mins is due to staying fit before a medical or something. Again pure speculation but cash from him and then cash from possible next round could add to that budget 

Anyone heading along to Bellshill tonight? I won’t make it but hope it goes well. He is one of Airdrie, Scotland and the world’s best ever players after all. Hope it becomes an annual event and ideally played earlier in the season so we can send a proper team to it. *Announce Chelsea and Newcastle’s participation next season*. 

2 hours ago, Rossm25 said:

Had heard that also 

Also had heard the Justin to Crystal Palace rumour but with him being loaned back. Maybe the reason he's had less mins is due to staying fit before a medical or something. Again pure speculation but cash from him and then cash from possible next round could add to that budget 

Selling him and getting him back on loan would be a superb win win for us. Also a good move for Justin and even Palace. He could do with another year of first team football and who better to be with than the team who've developed him thus far! Let's hope that happens. Saves us having to replace him for this season at least. 

On 22/07/2023 at 16:22, AJ77 said:

See David wotherspoon seems to be training with us.

Dunfermline fan saying that Wotherspoon is training with them. I hope we've not been keeping him fit only for him to turn us over on the opening day.

25 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Dunfermline fan saying that Wotherspoon is training with them. I hope we've not been keeping him fit only for him to turn us over on the opening day.

I'm not so sure, if you watch McCabe pre match interview before Dundee game it cuts to the players training and you can quite clearly see David Wotherspoon and the boy Gashie in amongst them.

But as you say due to the consilium link he could just be in to keep fit with us which i'm not a fan of if he has no intention of signing. 

So here’s a question for you all. Come the full time whistle on Saturday what is the best outcome?  Do we want to be one of the 3 seeded teams to progress from the group stage? 

It could be a chance to progress a round further but could also leave us facing a tie against someone like Ayr, Partick, Livingston or Kilmarnock. Or would you rather take the plunge and be non seeded and get that potential money making tie in the next round

That is assuming we do qualify 

Just now, diamond_for_life said:

So here’s a question for you all. Come the full time whistle on Saturday what is the best outcome?  Do we want to be one of the 3 seeded teams to progress from the group stage? 

It could be a chance to progress a round further but could also leave us facing a tie against someone like Ayr, Partick, Livingston or Kilmarnock. Or would you rather take the plunge and be non seeded and get that potential money making tie in the next round

Seeded, get an extra rounds money before we get an ugly sister in the next round.

30 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Seeded the chance of forfar in the next round would be a dream beat them then we are a one win from a trip to hampden absolute no brainer or a chance to play Motherwell even better 

Definitely seeded. I'd rather take our chances of a home game against an unseeded team than go for the big money tie already. I also go on holiday on the Sunday, so a comparatively boring tie that won't be moved for TV and isn't against a team playing in Europe please!

14 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Definitely seeded. I'd rather take our chances of a home game against an unseeded team than go for the big money tie already. I also go on holiday on the Sunday, so a comparatively boring tie that won't be moved for TV and isn't against a team playing in Europe please!

Round 2 againt Hamilton ,forfar would be the best 2 

I’d rather take the payday now than at the end of September. Obviously getting an unseeded lesser team like Forfar, Stirling Albion or Falkirk would be great and something of a cup run would be exciting. But equally, we could get beat by a Raith, Morton or Livi at home in front of a smaller crowd than an average league game which is about the worst outcome possible. 

One of the Old Firm > prize and gate money > welcome back Mr McInroy 🤝

I'd rather win the group and be seeded. For one, it keeps us on a winning run to build on team confidence. Also we've then got more chance of progressing a round which guarantees more money, whilst unseeded doesn't guarantee us a profitable draw. 

Seeded, get through, then have more chance of a bigger draw. 

Doesn't really matter, would prefer easier ties rather than more difficult ones, but everyone will have gone through on merit or be a premier league team, so there isn't really such a thing as an easy tie.

23 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Anyone heading along to Bellshill tonight? I won’t make it but hope it goes well. He is one of Airdrie, Scotland and the world’s best ever players after all. Hope it becomes an annual event and ideally played earlier in the season so we can send a proper team to it. *Announce Chelsea and Newcastle’s participation next season*.

Or, you know, could invite the club you stole him from in nefarious circumstances! 🙄

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

I’d rather take the payday now than at the end of September. Obviously getting an unseeded lesser team like Forfar, Stirling Albion or Falkirk would be great and something of a cup run would be exciting. But equally, we could get beat by a Raith, Morton or Livi at home in front of a smaller crowd than an average league game which is about the worst outcome possible. 

One of the Old Firm > prize and gate money > welcome back Mr McInroy 🤝

McInroy not made the journey from bench to grass yet for Killie this season. I will be surprised if he doesn't go on loan somewhere.

52 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Or, you know, could invite the club you stole him from in nefarious circumstances! 🙄

Surely you weren’t working/volunteering/performing your duties for QoS all the way back then? 

I do agree with your point though. Would be nice to make a tournament of it and make it something of a tradition.