Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

10 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Obviously Frizzell is suspended for Saturday. New signing Gavin Gallagher was sent off for the reserves today which I think (correct me if I’m wrong) means he is also suspended for Saturday, despite the red card happening in a reserves match. Obviously Telfer and McCabe might not be fully fit as both have missed recent games due to injury. McStravick isn’t registered yet as far as I know and we’re still waiting on paperwork to be processed. Who joins McMaster and Aiken in midfield at Tannadice on Saturday if neither McCabe or Telfer are ready to return? Dunlop?

Todorov in behind gall 

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

Was told the other day we were offered Kerr smith on loan but it wasn’t what we were looking for (ex Dundee United and now Aston Villa)

I was aware that we'd had some players offered to us who Rhys had deemed not suitable for various, and entirely understandable, reasons but hadn't heard of that one. Wonder what the reasoning behind his being turned down would be.

10 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Obviously Frizzell is suspended for Saturday. New signing Gavin Gallagher was sent off for the reserves today which I think (correct me if I’m wrong) means he is also suspended for Saturday, despite the red card happening in a reserves match. Obviously Telfer and McCabe might not be fully fit as both have missed recent games due to injury. McStravick isn’t registered yet as far as I know and we’re still waiting on paperwork to be processed. Who joins McMaster and Aiken in midfield at Tannadice on Saturday if neither McCabe or Telfer are ready to return? Dunlop? 

From his pre match interview last week McCabe was working towards training this week so long as our physio was happy with that but it may be a week too soon.

Is Kyan Gunn still with us, I know it's a big ask but he may be a better option than Dunlop.

22 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

From his pre match interview last week McCabe was working towards training this week so long as our physio was happy with that but it may be a week too soon.

Is Kyan Gunn still with us, I know it's a big ask but he may be a better option than Dunlop.

I don't really think Gallagher was a n option any way,  his signing unveiling has done the lad no favours,   if you read his signing article he is clearly signed for the reserves and hoping to progress to first team,  him and the lad Dunlop need to knuckle down in the reserves getting scudded 7 zip will do nothing for their progression in the short term right enough..  

It just shows how important it is on a thread bare squad to keep 11 men on the park..   hopefully a couple more signings to come including the McStravick unveiling..

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Nope, I don't believe so. Think he's Gunn, I mean gone. 

Todorov in behind Gal won't work or happen IMO. Our midfield 3 are expected to be box to box types, lots of energy, harassing etc. That's not Todorov in the slightest. 

I'd expect either Telfer or McCabe in there. Maybe one starting and the other coming on about 60 mins. 

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Nope, I don't believe so. Think he's Gunn, I mean gone. 

Todorov in behind Gal won't work or happen IMO. Our midfield 3 are expected to be box to box types, lots of energy, harassing etc. That's not Todorov in the slightest. 

I'd expect either Telfer or McCabe in there. Maybe one starting and the other coming on about 60 mins. 

Gunn is still at the club was apart off the broadwood cup and looked good think he’s injured atm 

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

I don't really think Gallagher was a n option any way,  his signing unveiling has done the lad no favours,   if you read his signing article he is clearly signed for the reserves and hoping to progress to first team,  him and the lad Dunlop need to knuckle down in the reserves getting scudded 7 zip will do nothing for their progression in the short term right enough..  

It just shows how important it is on a thread bare squad to keep 11 men on the park..   hopefully a couple more signings to come including the McStravick unveiling..

Certainly would be a pity if all the good work that has been done was to be undone for the lack of a couple of  decent players ,

15 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Certainly would be a pity if all the good work that has been done was to be undone for the lack of a couple of  decent players ,

What is the remit now,  only signing players that are better than what we have and doesn't want to sign anybody just to fill the bench.... 

or the exact opposite signing players who are clearly not good enough at the moment and are there to fill the bench....

Can anybody confirm our squad and signing remit....    Rhys seems to be saying one thing then doing the other..

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

What is the remit now,  only signing players that are better than what we have and doesn't want to sign anybody just to fill the bench.... 

or the exact opposite signing players who are clearly not good enough at the moment and are there to fill the bench....

Can anybody confirm our squad and signing remit....    Rhys seems to be saying one thing then doing the other..

Players who fit the squad.

Not wanting players that are just there to make the numbers up doesn’t mean they have to be ready straight away.

Nobody has been brought in to fill the bench then leave at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, diamond_for_life said:

Is there anyone who can shed some light on Cole Gibson and why he suddenly disappeared from the first time and subsequently let go. Thought he looked bright in last seasons league cup games. 

Last i seen of him was he went ti Edinburgh city on trial but don’t think he’s been picked up by anyone 

Gunn was down training with derby county before he resigned with us for the reserves this year 

16 hours ago, moses1924 said:

It certainly was... On a related topic does anyone remember an Airdrie site called "buckfast and broomfield" or am I making that up? 

Don’t remember that one but I do remember ‘Johnny Martin’s Willy’. Speaking of ‘interesting’ posters, whatever happened to @Cooper81? Did he get stuck when P&B was in purgatory and never make it back out? 

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Here's Rhys explaining today and I think I've mentioned this once or twice. Clear policy is to sign and develop young players as for "quality" well, that's down to the budget.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/crystal-palace-move-shows-airdrie-30815090

4 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Cole Gibson and why he suddenly disappeared from the first time and subsequently let go. Thought he looked bright in last seasons league cup games. 

Puzzling. Who knows what we do not see..

Looked promising, but maybe others saw differently.

6 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

But we've a team full of decent players already. Not sure what your point is. Do you mean we don't have enough decent players, or do you think we need better than we already have?