Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

2 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Maybe in the minority but that is a dreadful time for a game of football. Would rather it have been Saturday at 3:00 and left off the tv. The good thing is being at home and not through in Edinburgh and I know we don’t get a say but the only good thing about that was it wasn’t Monday evening. 

A lot of holiday Monday,'s,

35 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Admittedly they’re playing Rangers but sounds like Megwa’s having a tough night for Hibs. Bring him home!

Watching and it’s fair to say he didn’t have a great 1st half but he’s been fine 2nd although just been subbed.

21 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Big step up,and maybe to early for him ,best of luck though 

Yep, up against a much better team than he faced with us but I’m sure he’ll improve and be fine. It does seem very unlikely he ends up back here so hope he kicks on and does well.

6 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Maybe in the minority but that is a dreadful time for a game of football. Would rather it have been Saturday at 3:00 and left off the tv. The good thing is being at home and not through in Edinburgh and I know we don’t get a say but the only good thing about that was it wasn’t Monday evening. 

Normally I'd agree with this, but was already booked up for a couple of nights in Newcastle so thought I was missing this one, but going to be back for about 3pm Sunday so will be able to make it now.

10 hours ago, Mr November said:

Yep, up against a much better team than he faced with us but I’m sure he’ll improve and be fine. It does seem very unlikely he ends up back here so hope he kicks on and does well.

Hibs in general looked very poor as Rangers never even got out of 2nd gear which obviously didn't help. Maybe just as well Aiken got injured as he could have been recalled as well and whilst we're on the subject of Murray, I see Rhys quoted as saying he will be back "shortly", so good news it seems.

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Good on you just hope it's a happy Monday ,

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Good on you just hope it's a happy Monday ,

Now we are talking Happy Mondays,  the early 90s were a great time to be an Airdrie fan and also for the Manchester music scene,  what a time to be alive... 

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

I see megwa has had to delete his twitter due to the abuse from last night. Embarrassing 

Poor lad, some difference from being loved by one fanbase one week and instantly hated by another. 

He can always come back here if he wants!

8 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

There is no good news.

It's bad news and irrelevant news.

S01E06-hrmhAtyC-thumb.jpg

I think getting a Monday off work is generally considered good news. 

IMG_3082.png

Edited by airdrieman

7 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Poor lad, some difference from being loved by one fanbase one week and instantly hated by another. 

He can always come back here if he wants!

If the Hibs manager thinks the abuse will erode his confidence maybe he will send him back?

Are we expecting any aditions before the window closes next week, cant see much movement but maybe one more on loan?

Not been keeping up with other teams around us, looks like Ayr trying to bring in players, any of the other teams signed many?

10 hours ago, moses1924 said:

If the Hibs manager thinks the abuse will erode his confidence maybe he will send him back?

Are we expecting any aditions before the window closes next week, cant see much movement but maybe one more on loan?

Not been keeping up with other teams around us, looks like Ayr trying to bring in players, any of the other teams signed many?

Big Dunc signing a few,notice that the teams Raith,Cally, St Johnstone according to managers were poor didn't play well against us,take a thought you overrated managers ,you played as well as we allowed you to ,

McGill out for a few weeks, Gal might make the bench for tomorrow.

Hopefully get another striker in before the deadline, would just stick McGregor up top with Toddy tomorrow, can't bare to watch Josh O'Connor for any length of time.

2 hours ago, AJ77 said:

McGill out for a few weeks, Gal might make the bench for tomorrow.

Hopefully get another striker in before the deadline, would just stick McGregor up top with Toddy tomorrow, can't bare to watch Josh O'Connor for any length of time.

Play young rangers boy before Josh,hurts a bit when you see teams that are round about us strengthen,who knows maybe have to wait for a player that managers is confident that he will fit our style  of play ,