Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

3 hours ago, AJ77 said:

He turned thistle down last year and Pretty sure raith were interested in January. Wouldn’t say he’s a premiership player but what a move for him if he could get to St Johnstone.

With us not offering McGill a contract and him being 23,   

Does that not mean we will not get any development fee from any club signing him,  if so that is a mistake by the club with every penny seemingly a prisoner..

Can this be confirmed 

10 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

The most experienced in the Scottish Championship but probably Wilson has racked up more games albeit in Northern Ireland.

Aye,would think you are right ,

With us (morton) signing Ballantyne and Lyall I wouldn't be at all surprised if we have offered deals to telfer and mcgill.  Not sure if telfer would come back to Cappielow and it looks like mcgill will have better offers. 

Lyall is very good in terms of his touch and he's tricky in small spaces, he doesn't really impact the game enough for me (yet, obviously this could come with more games). I can only really see him playing the number 10 position and with Frizzell there he wouldn't get a regular game unless Frizzell was injured (as we saw last season), plus with our new signings we seem to have even more options there anyway if that was to happen.

We seem to have fans complaining about lack of experience, with some justification at the moment. But then also being disappointed that we haven't spent a sizable chunk of our budget on a 20 year old who we don't need and only played last season when we had players missing. I'd be surprised if we were even in for him.

11 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Lyall is very good in terms of his touch and he's tricky in small spaces, he doesn't really impact the game enough for me (yet, obviously this could come with more games). I can only really see him playing the number 10 position and with Frizzell there he wouldn't get a regular game unless Frizzell was injured (as we saw last season), plus with our new signings we seem to have even more options there anyway if that was to happen.

We seem to have fans complaining about lack of experience, with some justification at the moment. But then also being disappointed that we haven't spent a sizable chunk of our budget on a 20 year old who we don't need and only played last season when we had players missing. I'd be surprised if we were even in for him.

It is silly season. A lot of our fans were cracking up a couple of weeks ago suggesting our budget was less than previous years even though we'd been told it had increased. People need to be patient and trust their management and board.

13 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

It is silly season. A lot of our fans were cracking up a couple of weeks ago suggesting our budget was less than previous years even though we'd been told it had increased. People need to be patient and trust their management and board.

Stop being sensible, it's not the P&B way 😉

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

These two posts are the best I’ve seen in this thread.

5 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Ha ha, just wait until 6 games into the season and check the patience of whichever side has had a bad start! Jeezo, a fair portion of Airdrie fans were in favour of the "McCabe experiment" being ditched in his 1st season.

Edited by Kenny_m

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Ha ha, just wait until 6 games into the season and check the patience of whichever sider has had a bad start! Jeezo, a fair portion of Airdrie fans were in favour of the "McCabe experiment" being ditched in his 1st season.

The bad fans again,no fans no football ,a lot of times our fans were loud and good ,

3 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Ha ha, just wait until 6 games into the season and check the patience of whichever side has had a bad start! Jeezo, a fair portion of Airdrie fans were in favour of the "McCabe experiment" being ditched in his 1st season.

This is very true. Imrie was getting absolutely slated early last season. Some fans are deluded.

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

The bad fans again,no fans no football ,a lot of times our fans were loud and good ,

No fans no football but f**k sake remember who we support. Have high expectations but be realistic.

25 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

No fans no football but f**k sake remember who we support. Have high expectations but be realistic.

We finished in play off position what is wrong with the same again ,or do you feel we are making to many changes,

55 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

What do you call high expectations or being realistic, I personally would have been happy to keep our squad and maybe add 2or3to strengthen ,

40 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

We finished in play off position what is wrong with the same again ,or do you feel we are making to many changes,

As he's a Morton fan, I suspect he doesn't give a f*ck...

6 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

The Facebook page is golden, one guy saying that he was a disgrace for signing for Morton. These are the same folk who would be off in a heartbeat with their jobs if they got offered more elsewhere. Football fans are a different breed.

26 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

The Facebook page is golden, one guy saying that he was a disgrace for signing for Morton. These are the same folk who would be off in a heartbeat with their jobs if they got offered more elsewhere. Football fans are a different breed.

That's the thing that I always have a chuckle about. 99.9% of players that come through our door aren't Airdrie fans, they're employees. Some form a bond with fans and the club and that's fine, but ultimately being a fan favourite doesn't pay their mortgage. 

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++
There their they're

2 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Mind Chris O’Neill’s maw was on that page shouting blue murder because the club only offered him £15 a week or something daft like that.

Don’t know why I’m still on it… fear of missing out on the fun, I guess.

Ricki Lamie was announced in January/February as signing a pre contract with us. Like the last time, however, when he signed an extension with Motherwell after we got relegated, there's a lot of doubt over whether he's returning but this time its been our choice allegedly. He's been training with you according to the rumours and innuendo as he lives near you. No idea what's happening but there's a wee rumour for you lads to chew on.

@capt_oats I'm sure can confirm if he's definitely no longer a Motherwell player.

All a bit strange.