Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

Just now, WL Diamond said:

Can’t believe he didn’t want to be backup striker for us but quite happy to do the same for Accies?

Is interesting, potentially 2 in front of him in oli shaw and potentially O'Hara as he is well liked there. 

41 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Yes mate.

41 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Yes mate.

No man bigger than the team ,not nice ending the season specially the season we had on bad terms ,I know it's hard to judge our team with the opposition we have faced ,but we certainly looked the business,

not very happy with the ongoing efforts to strengthen the clubs around us.

What's the plan when for Wilson gets injured? Chuck Reid/Cooper on and hope for the best? Just play with midfielders?

4 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Would be a strange move and I can't see this being true as I can't see him getting much more gametime with us than what he would have gotten with Airdrie. We currently have Oli Shaw and Kevin O'Hara who are both good options. I would have expected us to bring in a backup so this could potentially be it but doesn't really make sense on why he would leave Airdrie for us unless we have offered him more money. 

Todorov announced at accies.

5 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah quite happy with that would highlight though that you guys probably have the lowest budget in the league 

Very possibly, don’t think money is the whole reason of the move tho. Think his attitude has changed recently due to new strikers coming in.

16 minutes ago, G_H said:

not very happy with the ongoing efforts to strengthen the clubs around us.

What's the plan when for Wilson gets injured? Chuck Reid/Cooper on and hope for the best? Just play with midfielders?

Who says there isn’t a plan in place?

20 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah quite happy with that would highlight though that you guys probably have the lowest budget in the league 

I’m guessing Accies have a higher wages budget than us but you would never know from their shambolic kit release and Mickey Mouse social media. If Todorov is happy to warm the Accies bench good luck to him 

What the Toddy situation shows in blaring Technicolor is that Rhys is 100% in charge and it's quite literally his way or the highway. If he's fine with losing his cousin/Assistant Manager for disagreeing with him what chance does an admittedly cult hero player who played for us for a season and had a "meh" goals record have when he busts out a hissyfit about playing time.

Sounds a bit like Toddy fucked around and found out in rapid order. 😬

39 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Todorov announced at accies.

Not impressed by the Still Game memes from the official accies account.

Everyone loves their daft signing announcement videos(castaway, friends etc) but these seem lacking in class after an amicable release.

36 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Very possibly, don’t think money is the whole reason of the move tho. Think his attitude has changed recently due to new strikers coming in.

He'll certainly have to earn his place if he wants to be a regular starter for us as we do already have 2 good strikers quite happy with this signing though as an Accies fan. 

bd89d308-7e67-4b33-98d5-264fa9796231.thumb.jpeg.708f87d66b8bc6fb5a34062181747acd.jpeg

if only there had been some sort of clue ♦️

I liked Todorov and I’ve got mixed emotions. Not a McCabe type player. Drops deep and he’s all shins and knees. Remember him trying to flick on a header v St Johnstone and it going 30 yards in the opposite direction .

Equally, at his best, he’s very good. Challenge Cup Final, goal v Raith, Goal v Morton and Goal in the play offs v Thistle were the best memories I have of him. 

There’s a risk it could come back to haunt us, but I like McCabe’s high risk approach. 

dunno about you lot, im not adversed to a grey and black kit...but i was hoping for something along the lines of the sky blue dalziel kit from 1992 or the yellow with red trim one from the 80s i think