Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

I think losing Hancock could genuinely be the difference between a comfortable season and a relegation battle.

Agree, losing Hancock would mean 8th probably the target. Anything more than 250k though and I dont see us turning it down so just ned to wait and see. I would let McMaster leave for any kind of decent fee around 100k if we can get it. 

17 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Agree, losing Hancock would mean 8th probably the target. Anything more than 250k though and I dont see us turning it down so just ned to wait and see. I would let McMaster leave for any kind of decent fee around 100k if we can get it. 

Let's be honest if we get 100k offer for Hancock we will take it gladly,  let's not be daft,  

We have a replacement for Hancock the highly rated Cammy Bruce, who hasn't really impressed so far, although we have played him everywhere bar left back..

If McMaster goes we have cover in Aiken, Terrell and the man who should play every week IMO Rhys McCabe....

Interesting 10 days ahead,  

6 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

We didn't.

Ok didn't realise that, you hear all sorts of rumours that most are BS..

If Hancock and McMaster could be away before the window shuts,  would you play them in a crucial league game risking injury etc..putting potential lucrative sales in jeopardy..

McMaster has been off it all season anyway, maybe his head has been turned already..

23 hours ago, moses1924 said:

I wouldn’t take anything less that 250k for Hancock and would prefer we look for 300-400k in a sale.  He’s a very unique player who will help grab at least 20 goals a season between assists and his own contributions.  And yes, it means we would likely drop a couple of places in the league which means less prize money, potentially missing out on play offs which also means less gate receipts, less fans if the quality of football slips etc… A lot to consider but again, only worth taking that chance if the money is GOOD.  

for McMaster, regardless of what we all think, Rhys obviously rates him and it’s unlikely he’ll get shifted on for cheap money.  Think it would take 150-200k to see him leave the club.  I could be wrong but think too many changes will weaken the team and believe that while selling Mason may be out of Rhys hands he might put his foot down to keep Dean unless the money is right.  Yes, some interesting days ahead and I’m sure our new look squad will look even more different come September 

12 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

I wouldn’t take anything less that 250k for Hancock and would prefer we look for 300-400k in a sale.  He’s a very unique player who will help grab at least 20 goals a season between assists and his own contributions.  And yes, it means we would likely drop a couple of places in the league which means less prize money, potentially missing out on play offs which also means less gate receipts, less fans if the quality of football slips etc… A lot to consider but again, only worth taking that chance if the money is GOOD.  

for McMaster, regardless of what we all think, Rhys obviously rates him and it’s unlikely he’ll get shifted on for cheap money.  Think it would take 150-200k to see him leave the club.  I could be wrong but think too many changes will weaken the team and believe that while selling Mason may be out of Rhys hands he might put his foot down to keep Dean unless the money is right.  Yes, some interesting days ahead and I’m sure our new look squad will look even more different come September 

He's scored 5 and assisted 6* in his career so far so I dont see how he is going to be doing this?

Spoiler

*there will be a little more no doubt because League Two assist figures are rarely accurate. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He's scored 5 and assisted 6* in his career so far so I dont see how he is going to be doing this?

Reveal hidden contents

*there will be a little more no doubt because League Two assist figures are rarely accurate. 

Must have used the "Morelos" calculator for that figure of £300-400k 👀

As in keeping with normal club practice, no one will ever know what we get for Mason Hancock, or anyone unless its detailed in the accounts.

Just like Justin Devenny to Palace last year, or how much we paid Linfield for McStravick, or how much compensation we paid Queens park for Cammy Bruce.

The club rarely even states player contract lengths so guess away! 

13 minutes ago, Passionate said:

100k and a snapped off hand 

If you consider the prize money given to 5th place in the league v 8th place and all the added money from trust trophy it wouldn’t make sense to let him go for that kind of money.  And as mentioned, we may have rejected bids as high as 200k.  I think he’ll be a big part of any success we have this year - he’ll be a great feeder for Ben Wilson and others.  We’ll see…. I’d be kinda pissed off if he went for a low bid like that 

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Hide contents

Is it unrealistic that he scores 5 and has 15 assists this season? He’s more than capable of that 

11 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

As in keeping with normal club practice, no one will ever know what we get for Mason Hancock, or anyone unless its detailed in the accounts.

Just like Justin Devenny to Palace last year, or how much we paid Linfield for McStravick, or how much compensation we paid Queens park for Cammy Bruce.

The club rarely even states player contract lengths so guess away! 

Didn’t pay anything for Bruce as he terminated his deal

6 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Is it unrealistic that he scores 5 and has 15 assists this season? 

Yes. He's never even got within a mile of either in any season. 

Edited by itzdrk

32 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

If you consider the prize money given to 5th place in the league v 8th place and all the added money from trust trophy it wouldn’t make sense to let him go for that kind of money.  And as mentioned, we may have rejected bids as high as 200k.  I think he’ll be a big part of any success we have this year - he’ll be a great feeder for Ben Wilson and others.  We’ll see…. I’d be kinda pissed off if he went for a low bid like that 

Agree going forward he is excellent,  tactically he has been pinned back the last 2 games due to personnel issues and us being a shambles,

Wouldn't like to.see him go,  but out of contract probably at end of season, that will keep all bids low unfortunately...

1 hour ago, FLDiamond said:

This is the key bit for me, until last season I hadnt appreciated how the prize money increased for things like progress in cups, league position, I knew you would get more money for these things but the scale of the difference was a bit of an eye opener and makes me think with players unless the bid is exceptional you are better not to sell. I suppose there's also the fact that if you hold onto a player that wants to leave they might not be too happy to factor in.

1 hour ago, FLDiamond said:

Is it unrealistic that he scores 5 and has 15 assists this season? He’s more than capable of that 

I don’t think he’ll hit those numbers individually but equally it wouldn’t be too much of an exaggeration to suggest the team could be close to 20 goals worse off without him in the team, just for what he brings defensively and also going forward from cross balls and driving the team forward.

What team would we like to see on Saturday? I'd like to see us find a bit of solidity at the back and I think Armstrong and Agyemang are developing a strong understanding. I don't think Aiken is worth a place just now and McCabe will probably sit out for McMaster. Mochrie is the one I would put in behind B Wilson in the absence of McGregor.

Johnson

Watson         Graham       A.Wilson      Hancock

McCabe

Agyemang              Armstrong             Frizzell

Mochrie

B.Wilson