Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

2 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Disappointing, I thought there was a good chance of Aiken returning and while I thought Lyall had a lot to learn, he definitely has good ability and will only get better.

I think Lyalls wage would’ve been a stumbling block.

We were looking to bring back Aiken but all went quiet and Armstrong a done deal, think McGrattan is too dont think we really need any more midfielders

10 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

I think Lyalls wage would’ve been a stumbling block.

We were looking to bring back Aiken but all went quiet and Armstrong a done deal, think McGrattan is too dont think we really need any more midfielders

I had heard Mochrie a few weeks back but doesn't seem likely

12 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Nothing on either player no.

The Warnock rumour came from a couple of Ayr posters on here,    with McGrattan and hopefully unveiled soon Armstrong in the pipeline,  was Rhys too bothered about Telfer as you say centre mid is about set now...   

Wide players and forwards must now be on the list..

Had a feeling Mcgrattan would end up at Airdrie. Can see him fitting in really well under McCabes style of football. Imrie never really seemed to trust him and called him out publicly once or twice but to be fair to the boy he never complained once. Head down and got on with it. 

Hopefully he does well and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him score against us next season. 

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

There is deffo something short on the contracts for experienced players,  wages, length of contract, both.  That's Cammy and Telfer both knocked them back,    it will be difficult moving forward if we only have a team of inexperienced league in the Championship especially this season's with no noticeable 'ringer' in the league,    Rhys keeps saying players want to join,  well the time is now....

This is the kind of thing I was talking about a couple of pages back - how do any of us know there’s ‘something short’ on any of our offers?

Of the two players you mention, one seems to have been offered a two-year deal at Morton when we were offering one, which is our prerogative and I understand given his injury record in the past two seasons, and the other was our player of the year and has always clearly harboured ambitions of playing at a higher level, and/or down south, so that could well have been out of our hands.

You could argue that paragraph was pure speculation on my part but that’s the point - about 0.01% of us on here have any actual clue, so the prophecies of doom seem a bit overkill.

Telfer was my player of the year and think, along with Dycey, he’ll be the biggest loss for us this summer. However, no player is bigger than the club, I trust McCabe’s judgement implicitly, and while we’re still a couple of players short, I’ve been really happy with the calibre of our signings so far.

Hopefully, more to come in the next few days.

1 minute ago, gmfc said:

Any idea where Telfer is going guys??

Unless he's already got something lined up I can see him hedging his bets and not signing with anyone straight away. We had to wait a ridiculous amount of time to sign him in the first instance as he looked for a "better" club. Was literally September before he penned a deal