Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Rumours on here of a new Centre Back imminent (again) what do we think a young loanee or one with some first team action under his belt...

Loanee methinks but note that our ITK @KD1711 posted in the middle of the night to avoid being scrutinized. 😉

Let’s be honest. We wilL not win the league. But that is ok. We have one of the lowest budgets in the league, potentially the lowest. We completely overachieved last season and then we lost some key players. The young players have looked good but had an off day against Ayr. Football fans are so fickle. The reality is that anything above 8th should be seen as a half decent season. Rhys will want more and that’s a positive. 

Some serious overreactions to last Friday. 

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Let’s be honest. We wilL not win the league. But that is ok. We have one of the lowest budgets in the league, potentially the lowest. We completely overachieved last season and then we lost some key players. The young players have looked good but had an off day against Ayr. Football fans are so fickle. The reality is that anything above 8th should be seen as a half decent season. Rhys will want more and that’s a positive. 

Totally agree,above 8th would be great and is a big ask with so many changes ,

10 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Absolutely correct.

There’ll be more results like ours on Friday across the division as the season goes on, will be keen to see how the knowingly sane fan bases of Falkirk, Dunfermline etc get on when they’re on the end of a scudding.

31 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Rumours on here of a new Centre Back imminent (again) what do we think a young loanee or one with some first team action under his belt...

I am thinking two new faces to arrive, Experienced CB in today, no idea who, and a young loanee defender next week. 

3 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

Can’t imagine there are any experienced centre half’s left at this stage of the window as pretty much every team in the league wants one. It’ll be a young loanee, hopefully he’s decent.

Well thankfully I was wrong. Played 36 games in the national league last season. Happy with that

✅ 6’3 
✅ Some prior first team experience 
✅ ‘I’m an aggressive defender’ 

🚩 Played in the English diddy leagues
🚩 Fans of said English diddy team speak highly of him
🚩 ‘I like to play it out’ 

5 hours ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

I am thinking two new faces to arrive, Experienced CB in today, no idea who, and a young loanee defender next week. 

You called it Rock,    Well done

We still have 2 loan slots available,  personally I think Rhys still wants Megwa..

10 minutes ago, Passionate said:

You called it Rock,    Well done

We still have 2 loan slots available,  personally I think Rhys still wants Megwa..

Think we all want Megwa!