Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

2 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

When do we panic? Conceding a late goal like we did on Saturday is sometimes enough for a team to go into free fall and I think that’s just what we’ll do. League 1 here we come. 

I hold McCabe responsible. Regardless of injuries he’s not recruited well nor is he willing to stray from his “philosophy” of giving away goals for nothing. 

Disappointed in the club during a season where the actual LEAGUE TITLE was there for the taking. Shame. 

If we put in a turgid display as bad as we did against Falkirk and Morton on Saturday maybe a little bit?

Tbf to McCabe he did stray a bit from his philosophy on Saturday playing with a back 3 and we had a lot less chaotic moments passing the ball around our 18 yard box.

I did see enough from the game to think we'll turn it around, it's such a crazy league that a few wins can get you shooting right up the table.

Our start to the season has been dire, but we lost a lot of key players and it'll take a while for a new team to gel together.

I think staying in the league and starting to establish ourselves as a Championship side will be a good enough achievement, considering we were in League 1 for 10 years. 

2 hours ago, David Fernández said:

If we put in a turgid display as bad as we did against Falkirk and Morton on Saturday maybe a little bit?

Tbf to McCabe he did stray a bit from his philosophy on Saturday playing with a back 3 and we had a lot less chaotic moments passing the ball around our 18 yard box.

I did see enough from the game to think we'll turn it around, it's such a crazy league that a few wins can get you shooting right up the table.

Our start to the season has been dire, but we lost a lot of key players and it'll take a while for a new team to gel together.

I think staying in the league and starting to establish ourselves as a Championship side will be a good enough achievement, considering we were in League 1 for 10 years. 

Yep.  We didn't become seaside league no-hopers overnight, and we won't re-establish ourselves at this level overnight either.