Norway (a) - 17/6/23

PSJ.84

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

To put that in context, the 1889 Scotland team contained three Queens Park players, two from Dumbarton and the keeper was from the Vale of Leven.

Is the Vale of Leven keeper available?

Asking on behalf of Jim Goodwin

2 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Cyprus 1-1 Georgia is ideal. The only hairy thing would be a Georgia win tonight and us shiting the bed at Hampden on Tuesday

It's an absolute irrelevant result. Neither team will even trouble 3rd, let alone either of the top two places.

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

To put that in context, the 1889 Scotland team contained three Queens Park players, two from Dumbarton and the keeper was from the Vale of Leven.

And by comparison, the 2023 team contains a squad of top shaggers

Just now, Al_Frazelle said:

Georgia aren´t looking too worrying to be fair...

The kryptonite only kicks in when in Tbilisi.

Tuesday night should be fine, and hopefully we have got ourselves into a position when we can actually still afford to go over to Georgia and make a complete erse of it.

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

And they played the game in full 5 piece suits.

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Tuesday night should be fine, and hopefully we have got ourselves into a position when we can actually still afford to go over to Georgia and make a complete erse of it.

f**k that, we'll beat Georgia 0-2 over there in a routine game. This squad aren't shitebags because the manager absolutely wouldn't allow it.

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Aye, I´m not thinking ahead to Tbilisi, only to Tuesday. If we can take care of that we can probably afford a slip up or two. And as I say, Georgia really don´t look up to much from that first half...

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's an absolute irrelevant result. Neither team will even trouble 3rd, let alone either of the top two places.

I’d tend to agree, but everything that damages other teams is both mathematically good for us, and bad for everyone else’s morale. A draw tonight for Georgia would be perfect.

A win on Tuesday then effectively makes it a one-win qualification for us. 

Just now, Al_Frazelle said:

Aye, I´m not thinking ahead to Tbilisi, only to Tuesday. If we can take care of that we can probably afford a slip up or two. And as I say, Georgia really don´t look up to much from that first half...

Georgia have never been up to much. They're an average team on their best day. When they beat us they did so due to a loser mentality, a shitebag attitude that infected our players.

SSC has been removing that attitude and our defeats now are due to other things, things that the manager and team seem to learn from and work on.

1 minute ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I’d tend to agree, but everything that damages other teams is both mathematically good for us, and bad for everyone else’s morale. A draw tonight for Georgia would be perfect.

A win on Tuesday then effectively makes it a one-win qualification for us. 

I know what you mean but I really think Clarke now has us as a team who won't f**k up results at home against the lower seeds. It's now rare and I'm unsure when it last happened. 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I know what you mean but I really think Clarke now has us as a team who won't f**k up results at home against the lower seeds. It's now rare and I'm unsure when it last happened. 

Was trying to remember when we last lost earlier.

This team is hugely resilient. We did next to nothing today, not that they did much, but we hung in there and the moment it broke for us they were done.

Extremely pleasing.