Group H - St. Mirren, Arbroath, Forfar, Montrose and Cowdenbeath.

10 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Balde is a wee thug. I’ll never know how he lasted 90 minutes.  

I don't know about thug as most of his tackles were clumsy but the ref kept him on. Easily should have had 2 yellows. Indeed I thought the tackle in the box where he clattered into our player after he laid it back was a penalty but would need to see it again. 

46 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I don't know about thug as most of his tackles were clumsy but the ref kept him on. Easily should have had 2 yellows. Indeed I thought the tackle in the box where he clattered into our player after he laid it back was a penalty but would need to see it again. 

I felt it was, Olusanya got to it a fraction before him and in the league with VAR it would have been given, hard for a ref to see in real time though.

I actually liked the lad, he has been around a bit for someone still quite young but he held his own physically and was a bit of a pest, absolutely could have seen red on a different day but would probably have been harsh.

Arbroath are a very streetwise team and worked the margins on what is acceptable, their 20 yard walks on throw ins and making a back for bigger players in the air were my favourites. DC has them well drilled.

Always expected to have a tough time down in Paisley but the way we lost that game is very disappointing. Just utter shite and all over the place defensively which is usually our strength. 

Ultimately though we are out because we never beat Cowden at home, they fully deserved their point and were much improved on last year I was very impressed with them and hope they have a good season. 

We may be out but these next 2 games have to be so much better than the first 2. It’s the poorest we’ve looked at this stage for a long time, not sure if that’s down to fitness or just a couple of poor performances but if we do not pick it up we will get a couple of hidings against United and Queens Park. 

ToB and Ricky especially need to do so much better for me and I would hope to see us finish the group out with a couple of good results and with the team we expect to start the league season.

No tinkering around just go out to try and win both games and give the fans some positivity going into the league season.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

They're not through yet.

I already edited it you smartarse, hope you enjoyed that.

Just happy to see Forfar doing well despite the manager drama they'd had recently.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Get in, what a result!

Shame St Mirren got the winner as we may need something on Saturday now, can go there with confidence though and give it a right good go!

I'm not even too fussed about it now, no Matter what happens on Saturday it's been well worth it for the last two games alone considering no one  would of had us in with a chance of winning the group before the games started.

4 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Get in, what a result!

Shame St Mirren got the winner as we may need something on Saturday now, can go there with confidence though and give it a right good go!

Even if you do lose you'll surely be one of the three best runners uo.