League Cup Group E - Dundee, ICT, Airdrie, Dumbarton and Bonnyrigg

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Is there a scenario where we could deny Hamilton by winning 10-2?

JKyI.gif 

😂

Not where you'd need to win 10-2, no.

You first need Accies to be runners up on 9 points. So that needs them to lose a penalty shoot out to Cove whilst Livingston beat Clyde. Accies then finish on 9 points and a +3 GD.

For them to be the 3rd best 2nd place side going into Sunday you'd need exactly two of the following to happen (no less and no more):

• Stirling win at St Johnstone in 90 mins
  • Morten beat Edinburgh in 90 mins OR Kelty beat beat Ross County
  • Airdrie lose by more than one goal to Bonnyrigg
  • Kilmarnock beat Albion Rovers (90 mins or Pens) AND Raith Rovers beat Annan in 90 mins
  • Forfar lose by more than one goal to St Mirren.

You'd then knock them out by winning by two goals or by one goal but outscoring them by two goals. No scenario where you need to win by eight though, no.

😜

42 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Question for the Bonnyrigg troops, parking for the game, any recommendations or advice, going with 2 kids who don't mind a wee trek to/from the car.

Hopefully a Bonnyrigg fan can give you a better answer but when I went last year there seemed to be plenty of street parking within 10 minutes or so of the ground. I think I was on a street just off High St but might be more parking nearer the ground.

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

Hopefully a Bonnyrigg fan can give you a better answer but when I went last year there seemed to be plenty of street parking within 10 minutes or so of the ground. I think I was on a street just off High St but might be more parking nearer the ground.

Been informed Lasswade high is the place to park. Within 10 mins and decent for a sharp exit 👍

Wednesday’s heads gone by Mark Durnan in all its glory.

Concedes a penalty, proceeds to throw the ball at Tiffoney, then tries to drag him to his feet. All while already on a yellow card. 

A wonderfully tragic tale. 

Not expecting anything, but rooting for our good friends at Bonnyrigg Rose today. Otherwise, mon the (some variety of) Cove/Ross County/Edinburgh/Annan/St Johnstone/Alloa/clear winner between Forfar and St Mirren.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Not expecting anything, but rooting for our good friends at Bonnyrigg Rose today. Otherwise, mon the (some variety of) Cove/Ross County/Edinburgh/Annan/St Johnstone/Alloa/clear winner between Forfar and St Mirren.

15 mins in and Cove, Annan, St Johnstone and Alloa already losing 😆 Christ, come on Bonnyrigg!

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Win by 2 and we are through.

Thankfully we are playing Inverness who are always known as being easy fodder for us and absolutely in no way have a hoodoo over us.

We were looking great with Annan leading Raith, but that reversed and a late late equaliser for Accies against Cove looked to have fucked it, but Cove won the shootout and we still have a plausible shot.

Need to win by 2+ goals tomorrow, which is a big ask but doable. Big questions for our new manager and squad to answer.

Fair play to Airdrie, got that seeding by hook or by crook.

Airdrie the only team with a perfect record so I feel a bit better about that result now.

Just need to beat a team with no skin in the game by two goals to nick Raith's spot as one of the best runners up.

1 minute ago, EpicMike said:

Airdrie the only team with a perfect record so I feel a bit better about that result now.

Just need to beat a team with no skin in the game by two goals to nick Raith's spot as one of the best runners up.

What could possibly go wrong…

We have beaten Inverness by 2 clear goals twice in our history. Once in a 3-1 win back in 2005 at Dens and the second was our first ever meeting in 1994.

To say it's a tall order isn't underestimating the challenge. Caley have a better record at Dens against us than we have against them as well.

11 hours ago, The Master said:

Wednesday’s heads gone by Mark Durnan in all its glory.

Concedes a penalty, proceeds to throw the ball at Tiffoney, then tries to drag him to his feet. All while already on a yellow card. 

A wonderfully tragic tale. 

Collum blowing his whistle like he's playing the intro to Darude Sandstorm

15 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Collum blowing his whistle like he's playing the intro to Darude Sandstorm

I'm a fan of the approach English referees take. Just step back from the rammy and let it fizzle out, showing cards afterwards if needs be. 

It's also funny when you see one or both assistants come running in only to do absolutely nothing.