Group C -Livingston, Hamilton, Cove Rangers, Clyde and Brechin

7 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Well you're about to get a few now at least.

We didn’t want them anyway :D we had the worst penalty record in the entirety of Europe last season. It shows. It’s continued this season. 

Shame we couldn't hold out for the win but at the end of the day, we're playing a team two tiers above us and away from home. 8 points from a possible 9 and we now have qualification in our own hands going into the final game. Couldn't have asked for much more.

14 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

He looked like a competition winner today.

I thought he had a decent game. Regardless, he's a good player:

21 hours ago, Fife Livi said:

No disrespect to Accies but I personally feel more fear for Tuesday nights game up at Cove, going by our away results from January onwards. That away goal at Queens Park last Monday was our 1st in 170 days (5 months, 19 days)! In competitive action, Brechin away was our first in 175 days (5 months, 24 days!), mental! We have been better at home though, and I feel confident of 3 points tomorrow, hopefully at 5pm I'm not made to eat my own words.

I'll eat my words then! Well done Accies, more hungrier and composed in the first half. We came into in the end but too little to late.

Pretty worrying performance from us. Defence looked ropey as, especially Obileye. We need someone stronger and more composed in the centre of the back three. Hopefully Nottingham will be that man. Midfield also conspicuously absent until Kelly and Shinnie came on. Can we keep Kelly on pens btw? He took his one well and it was refreshing to see us actually score one even though it counted for nothing. Booing Guthrie is shit patter. He does try on the pitch despite his nonchalant attitude off it. The problem is, he just isn't very good. 

Good save from Hamilton in the second half and almost saved a pen. Based on the evidence we've seen so far, he's not the horror show that others have claimed him to be. Montano put in a shift and did well in spite of the fact he wasn't playing on his usual side. We need a first choice RB pronto as not sure Brandon is up to it. 

I thought Hamilton were very decent today. As much as we were poor, the chances they created throughout the game came from good play and they looked organised all over the pitch. Good luck for the season ahead, fellow diddies. 

Kinda points the way to the start of the season proper .With all due respects.Martindale doesn't know his strongest starting 11.Yeh leuge cup blah blah.With respect,Hamilton Accies.Give me a break.Premier leuge, aye for one more season. Hope the parachute payment keeps afloat for another season. Shame on West Lothian. 😡.

First half we were shite, Accies deservedly going in a goal up, pressing us well, and actually passing the ball up the pitch, something we don't seem able to do, we just keep launching it and hoping for the best. Montano is the only player willing to have a go taking the ball up the pitch from our own half.

2nd half we were better but looked like Accies dropped deeper and were content to shithouse their way to a 1-0 win, however we did our best  to try and give them a 2nd goal, fucking around with the ball and giving away possession under no real press 2nd half. Looked more threatening with the subs coming on, even Guthrie helped, and was unlucky trying to square it to Bruce for a tap in, but had it cut out. Stephen Kelly in particular made a big difference, esp with his set pieces, Sangare's were pretty poor. Wasn't all that impressed with him today at all, gave away possession in midfield a lot, and seemed to slow every attack we had.

As predicted in an earlier post, we are absolutely guff at pens and if it went to the bonus point, Accies would win it. All too little too late for us in our throwing everything to try and win it, and although we should've had a couple of pens, i've no confidence we'd have scored them. Need to get the best players on from the start against Cove, dunno if Bradley is carrying a knock, but if he isn't, him and St Kelly need to be starting. Best we can do now is try and win our final two games and finish on 10pts, would think that would be enough as a 2nd placed qualifier (yet again), or if we're lucky and Accies lose a game, we may still be able to top the group, can't afford another poor first half like this again though.

Oh and ffs play Brandon from the start as a RB too, and stop fannying around with Montano and Penrice playing there.

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

Brechin thoroughly deserved their win tonight.  Performances getting better game by game. 

All bodes well for start of season on Saturday. 

Clyde fans having a meltdown in their league two thread and how brechin were beyond dreadful :lol:

7 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Brechin thoroughly deserved their win tonight.  Performances getting better game by game. 

Good to see Grady doing bits. How's he performing?

14 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Thought you played well on Saturday and were in lucky not to get something from it. 
good chance challenge for the HL again