2023-24 Challenge Cup

Buckets

9 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

That was a hard 90 minute watch but must have been even harder to play those 90 minutes.

Charging 13 quid is a bit cheeky.

Mark Weir our man of the match for preventing the scoreline being embarassing.

I do understand the rationale and think it's a poor show that we couldn't move the game. The league Cup group stage format is stacked against lower league teams and our reward for making it through is an early season fixture pile up.

My biggest disappointment was not seeing any if the youngsters looking like knocking on the first team door any time soon.

I was just delighted to see one of my son's best friends make his 1st team debut last night. Weak XI I know, but still.

12 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Aberdeen B v Peterhead for me tonight. North Lodge Park looking in immense condition, out many SPFL pitches to shame.

Even though Peterhead have rested a few players it's still a strong starting XI and fancy them to go through. Young Dons will give them a decent test. Interested to see Findlay Marshall as I've heard he's a baller. We were supposedly looking to take him on loan but given Hartley has a team full of CM's it's likely not an option now. 

IMG_20230815_191747.jpg

I see they still have the portable floodlight in the corner.  Adds a new dimension to night games where you can hardly see the bottom goal.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I was just delighted to see one of my son's best friends make his 1st team debut last night. Weak XI I know, but still.

Good for him.

Was a hard test for them last night but a good lesson on what is required to make it as a footballer in the men's game.

19 hours ago, edinabear said:

Great result for the Rangers Bs. Another result to embolden the case of b teams in the Pyramid 

What does it do for the case that all but three have been papped out in the early rounds?

One of the cases for B teams was also that it would bring extra crowds as well, yet just 269 at the Stenny game last night.

Fans don’t want these sides in the Challenge Cup, never mind an important competition. They add nothing to our game.

38 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Those Dumbarton fans were the biggest collection of simpletons I've ever seen in my life at a game.

Proper inbred oddballs.

Yea, well. Only nutters would want to see their side play against a B team.

Coleraine v Hamilton Academical
Raith Rovers v Cliftonville
Bala Town v Queen's Park
Hibernian B v The New Saints
Edinburgh City v East Kilbride
Annan Athletic v Peterhead
Cove Rangers v Montrose
East Fife v Albion Rovers
Rangers B v Alloa Athletic
Dumbarton v Kelty Hearts
University of Stirling v Airdrieonians
Greenock Morton v Elgin City
Dundee United v Dunfermline Athletic
Arbroath v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Partick Thistle v Queen of the South
Ayr United v Falkirk

Ties are due to be played on the weekend of September 9/10

On 15/08/2023 at 23:06, Cosmic Joe said:

East Fife progressed at Dens Park on kicks from the penalty mark. Dundee B made a decent fist of it (steady Kenneth) but we seem to be half decent at pens these days.. 

Greenied for "kicks from the penalty mark".

Plus good to pap out as many of the B teams as possible.

57 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Greenied for "kicks from the penalty mark".

Plus good to pap out as many of the B teams as possible.

This is now factually incorrect, the most recent set of Laws of the Game changed it to the more prosaic "penalties" or "penalty shoot-out".

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

How was Cliftonville’s play style/quality?

They were alright, we dropped a few first team players for it if I remember correctly. They're part time so started to tire a bit but I'd have compared them to a lower end Championship side.