Berwick Rangers 23/24

Redcar

Well what can you say ?? 

Change of Chairman, and it appears he wants us where his old club is.

A 3 year plan that has blown up spectacularly, resulting in a fire sale.

No accountability for the above from the board/manager.

I have emailed the club to spend some of my hard earned on a kit ................ nothing, no reply

Dismal is all I can say, whilst yes Berwick is and will always be my club, there is absolutely nothing to give me the enthusiasm to drive the 560 mile round trip and have me dip my hand into my pocket. To see what started with promise and hope now miserable and painful, If I want that I can go to work.

Don't believe what you read in the newspapers !!!  Ain't 60 grand I can assure you, As a freight operating company no free travel either, and again where's the time off !!! 

What we do get is, our next turn of duty by 10.30 the day before, we can start anywhere between 00.01 and 23.59, any day of the week, that is including Christmas Day, bank holidays etc. and a culture of guilty until proved innocent, (thankfully with q-tron in the cab much easier now)

16 hours ago, berwicksfinest said:

What we do get is, our next turn of duty by 10.30 the day before, we can start anywhere between 00.01 and 23.59, any day of the week, that is including Christmas Day, bank holidays etc. and a culture of guilty until proved innocent, (thankfully with q-tron in the cab much easier now)

That's been the working conditions of a train driver for a very very long time indeed.

My faither was a train driver and it like that for him - and he retired 28years ago !!

3 hours ago, VodkaTap said:

That's been the working conditions of a train driver for a very very long time indeed.

My faither was a train driver and it like that for him - and he retired 28years ago !!

Yes and the companies would rather fill the shareholders pockets with thousands of profits than train up new drivers as its easier and cheaper to get drivers to work their days off. Drivers have had enough. 

Anyway enough of the politics it's sad to read the likes of Redcar and Berwicks finest have had enough of their team. Times must be really thin down Shielfield way. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Yes and the companies would rather fill the shareholders pockets with thousands of profits than train up new drivers as its easier and cheaper to get drivers to work their days off. Drivers have had enough. 

Anyway enough of the politics it's sad to read the likes of Redcar and Berwicks finest have had enough of their team. Times must be really thin down Shielfield way. 

All I'll say is the media, are very keen to mention pay every time, yet most passenger companies and indeed the freight side its about conditions that have been eroded over a number of years,  which don't get be wrong Drivers are not adept to change, but all the conditions that were hard fought for won't be given away.

Newky I haven't had enough of my team, Ive had enough of how the club has been administered, without accountability.

11 minutes ago, berwicksfinest said:

All I'll say is the media, are very keen to mention pay every time, yet most passenger companies and indeed the freight side its about conditions that have been eroded over a number of years,  which don't get be wrong Drivers are not adept to change, but all the conditions that were hard fought for won't be given away.

Newky I haven't had enough of my team, Ive had enough of how the club has been administered, without accountability.

Yip and they want to close ticket offices ,have no passenger assistance at stations as well as having driver only trains with no catering or guards on them. Yet folk think it's all about the £. 

Again back on topic its yer managers 100th game in charge today with 45 wins just ahead of 40 defeats I hope you can put in a performance today. 

56 minutes ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Can’t say I’m unhappy. Far too late imo. Still no footballing brains from the board though. Just give to the next guy. Oh dear

Due to the current financial constraints of Berwick, it MAY be due to fact that the club cannot give the post to any external candidate.

One wonders why the club is in such financial trouble. I know from earlier reading, that Berwick have backed out of the 3-year plan it had in place.

Has anyone asked the club how it appears to be in debt by so much. Surely if the incoming Chair was aware of this debt (if there at time) he wouldn’t have taken on the role when he did - or he was satisfied that he was in a position to carry on with such a deficit? 

10 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Due to the current financial constraints of Berwick, it MAY be due to fact that the club cannot give the post to any external candidate.

One wonders why the club is in such financial trouble. I know from earlier reading, that Berwick have backed out of the 3-year plan it had in place.

Has anyone asked the club how it appears to be in debt by so much. Surely if the incoming Chair was aware of this debt (if there at time) he wouldn’t have taken on the role when he did - or he was satisfied that he was in a position to carry on with such a deficit? 

That’s why I’m so perplexed at the current nonsense. They gave further extensions to some of those based on potentially wining through(three rounds)in the Scottish cup and/or winning the league. Crazy. We have had one of the biggest budgets in the LL and have blown it. You are right to ask what the new chair was thinking. We are currently without a striker and expected to go accept it as some sort of normal. Mind boggling.