Staying In A Forum Problem

BB_Bino

Question

Morning everyone,

For some reason, since the update, when I go onto a Forum (say the League 1 forum) and then click on the topic to read or contribute to, when I try and return to that forum, I'm instantly returned to the topics list every time., so have to click the League 1 forum option again.

This has been the case on my iPhone and 2 laptops, is anyone else having this problem?

Edited by BB_Bino

20 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Morning everyone,

For some reason, since the update, when I go onto a Forum (say the League 1 forum) and then click on the topic to read or contribute to, when I try and return to that forum, I'm instantly returned to the topics list every time., so have to click the League 1 forum option again.

This has been the case on my iPhone and 2 laptops, is anyone else having this problem?

I'd try marking the whole board as read, then see if it resolves itself going forward?

We've definitely a few gremlins kicking around but we will sort them all and things will settle down again. Hopefully!

Ok so now we've fixed the major issue we were having, I've applied a patch to hopefully fix the login issues.

Can you confirm or let me know if you're still having issues please?

1 hour ago, Div said:

Ok so now we've fixed the major issue we were having, I've applied a patch to hopefully fix the login issues.

Can you confirm or let me know if you're still having issues please?

Still having double log in; first log in rejected then oops box and same login accepted. No problems otherwise and can access whole site. No further log in required for return to P & B  at any time throughout the day.

3 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Still having double log in; first log in rejected then oops box and same login accepted. No problems otherwise and can access whole site. No further log in required for return to P & B  at any time throughout the day.

Ok thanks mate. I can't recreate that issue myself but will report it and see what the tech boys say.

On 25/06/2023 at 09:47, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Now have to "Agree" two cookie boxes then One plus two Oops log ons

Morning

Still having log in problem although now a regular pattern: Agree (once) then small log in box, then large Oops existing member box then large Accout box and I'm IN (Yippee).

Edited by Blue Brazil Forever

Thanks for the info. If you’re having to login each day, and having to agree to cookies each session, then I’d say something wrong your end (possibly as well as ours)?

Are you blocking cookies?

2 hours ago, Div said:

Thanks for the info. If you’re having to login each day, and having to agree to cookies each session, then I’d say something wrong your end (possibly as well as ours)?

Are you blocking cookies?

No. But I have followed a regular daily P & B ritual for as long as I can remember (being technically challenged and now having more senior moments - I was 87 a month ago). I clear my computer at night & switch off. Mornings I fire up, do my security check, go to my bookmarked P &B, agree cookies/privacy, log on and I have no further problems.  Log on was  a simple two step process until the recent revamp when i now need Agree plus  three goes. It is a very minor problem and, as far as I know, I have the same full access to P & B that I have always enjoyed.   

44 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

No. But I have followed a regular daily P & B ritual for as long as I can remember (being technically challenged and now having more senior moments - I was 87 a month ago). I clear my computer at night & switch off. Mornings I fire up, do my security check, go to my bookmarked P &B, agree cookies/privacy, log on and I have no further problems.  Log on was  a simple two step process until the recent revamp when i now need Agree plus  three goes. It is a very minor problem and, as far as I know, I have the same full access to P & B that I have always enjoyed.   

Do you log out of P&B before switching off for the night? I don't think it would make any difference security wise if you didn't, and you wouldn't have to sign in again in the morning.

P.S. When you say "clear my computer" do you mean delete cookies and browsing data? If so that would explain having to log on again every morning. I don't think it's really necessary, I only do it every few months if my computer starts slowing down or playing up, but if you're happy and confident with the ritual there's no harm, just the minor inconvenience of having to log on again to every site you use.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Do you log out of P&B before switching off for the night? I don't think it would make any difference security wise if you didn't, and you wouldn't have to sign in again in the morning.

P.S. When you say "clear my computer" do you mean delete cookies and browsing data? If so that would explain having to log on again every morning. I don't think it's really necessary, I only do it every few months if my computer starts slowing down or playing up, but if you're happy and confident with the ritual there's no harm, just the minor inconvenience of having to log on again to every site you use.

Yes I clear my cache and browsing data and run a quick optimazation before final shutdown. Just my little foible plus a slight case of paranoia about possible computer beasties. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Yes I clear my cache and browsing data and run a quick optimazation before final shutdown. Just my little foible plus a slight case of paranoia about possible computer beasties. 

Fair enough, whatever floats your boat, you probably have the tidiest computer in the country! :)

I on the other hand have 62,757 mostly unread emails cluttering up my laptop. :1eye

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Fair enough, whatever floats your boat, you probably have the tidiest computer in the country! :)

I on the other hand have 62,757 mostly unread emails cluttering up my laptop. :1eye

I have three EMail addresses and occasional spam. I am also very wary of "apps ", Too many Company robots advise me to download  and install them as the panacea for all the world's ills. Happens when you get a bit long in the tooth.

1 minute ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I have three EMail addresses and occasional spam. I am also very wary of "apps ", Too many Company robots advise me to download  and install them as the panacea for all the world's ills. Happens when you get a bit long in the tooth.

Apps are only of any use on a smart phone, you're quite right to refuse to download them to your computer.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Apps are only of any use on a smart phone, you're quite right to refuse to download them to your computer.

" Hey Grandson, what's an app ? "  Can't be bothered with a smart phone or indeed anything Smart. My last Samsung TV was brilliant, my new TV sucks.

PS I still await a solution for the change to my  log on. The boffins must be on holiday  (Vacation ?)

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Hello, is that Operation Yewtree...

20 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Thanks for that info. 

The privacy policy agreement I can’t do much about as your clearing your cookie which contains that consent so that’s always going to be there but I’ll test doing that same procedure and log a ticket with the support boys if I can then recreate the double log in issue.

As an aside  I’d say unless you are visiting some seriously dodgy websites there is no need to clear your cache and cookies on a daily basis.

A decent freee malware protection solution, like Malwarebytes for example, will give you more than adequate protection from any browser nasties 👍

2 hours ago, Div said:

Thanks for that info. 

The privacy policy agreement I can’t do much about as your clearing your cookie which contains that consent so that’s always going to be there but I’ll test doing that same procedure and log a ticket with the support boys if I can then recreate the double log in issue.

As an aside  I’d say unless you are visiting some seriously dodgy websites there is no need to clear your cache and cookies on a daily basis.

A decent freee malware protection solution, like Malwarebytes for example, will give you more than adequate protection from any browser nasties 👍

Thanks Div

It's just me, I guess. No problem with  privacy /cookies.  Been part of my daily log on for as long as I can remember. Love my Cowden colours and badge when  in but intrigued by the very recent need to repeat two more times.

I've always been super cautious even after retirement. I have a lifetime licence for Malwarebytes Premium, installed on every computer I have owned  and at present run a daily Bit Defender scan. As I say, just me: I hate being manipulated or tracked