Junior Cup Draw

On 11/02/2024 at 17:01, Ginaro said:

Regarding the "prize fund", can anyone (@Kennie @glensmad) confirm if the £2k for the quarter-final losers is a guarantee from the SJFA (i.e. taken from the gate receipts first of all) or a payment from the SJFA on top of the split gate and travel guarantee?

The prize fund payments are on top of what a team earns at the gate.

Personally I hate the 2-leg semis concept, it takes away from the knockout concept of a cup tie. Our neutral venue semi last season v East Craigie with our late equaliser and win on penalties was great drama.

12 minutes ago, Bjo said:

Can’t believe it’s 2 legs. Looking at all 4 teams left they at least have 15 games left in the league season. Why add another 2 to the schedule 

SJFA get a cut of the gate. If they're paying out actual prize money these days, then that money has got to come from somewhere.

Don’t mind the 2 legs but think they’ve got to take in to account the amount of games left. Especially if league has got to be finished by early may. That will be 2 Saturdays in April without a league game for these teams and don’t think they will be given midweek games on run up to semi finals. 

44 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Personally I hate the 2-leg semis concept, it takes away from the knockout concept of a cup tie. Our neutral venue semi last season v East Craigie with our late equaliser and win on penalties was great drama.

The other semi was good as well last season. I prefer the one off semi but Talbot have done well in the two leg format so I can live with it. Having 180 minutes of play makes it harder for a team to sit in and hope for the best. 

1 hour ago, Bjo said:

Can’t believe it’s 2 legs. Looking at all 4 teams left they at least have 15 games left in the league season. Why add another 2 to the schedule 

Some might wonder why the SJFA would care about the impact on these new-dangled senior leagues.

Talbot and darvel have 14 league games left and think possibly a wos cup tie. Arthurlie have 15 league games left and Burgh 16 left. That’s why I thought they would just make the semi final and 1 off game.