Women's World Cup 2023

Swarley

7 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

The English media - espesh the BBC -get really chippy about sporting wins v Aus (cricket, even chuffing netball). I do hope Aus utterly hammer them.

Are Australia not bang average 

8 hours ago, Binos said:

They're not brilliant but they've been good enough beat the current Olympic champions 4-0 and beat the No5 ranked team last night. They beat England in a friendly recently so that, with 75k fans cheering them on, will give them some belief of winning. We can but hope. 

Edited by Swarley
Spelling

9 hours ago, Swarley said:

They're not brilliant but they've been good enough beat the current Olympic champions 4-0 and beat the No5 ranked team last night. They beat England in a friendly recently so that, with 75k fans cheering them on, will give them some belief of winning. We can but hope. 

They were hanging on for grim life yesterday 

Fodder for englandshire 

41 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

It's a few years ago now but I went to a women's friendly international at the Falkirk Stadium where Scotland got a comfortable draw (1-1 iirc) v Aus.

I hope they've improved.

9 April 2015. Seven players from that game are in the Australian WWC squad.

20 hours ago, Binos said:

13 hours ago, Swarley said:

They've been a bit more impressive than England, inho.

I'm not holding out much hope for the Aussies beating England. Scotland beat them a few months ago with a Nic Doc wonder goal! That makes us semi finalists at least in my eyes 😂 

Honestly think France would have gave England a better game. Then we have a final against a bang average Sweden or very beatable Spain. I've took on an extra shift next Sunday as I cant bear to listen to it when England win. 

17 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm not holding out much hope for the Aussies beating England. Scotland beat them a few months ago with a Nic Doc wonder goal! That makes us semi finalists at least in my eyes 😂 

Honestly think France would have gave England a better game. Then we have a final against a bang average Sweden or very beatable Spain. I've took on an extra shift next Sunday as I cant bear to listen to it when England win. 

Spain beat us 9-0 which is what I'm basing Spain will win on

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

But the Japanese beat Spain 4-0 😂 tbh I dont care who wins as long as it isnt England! 

I don't mind the women as much as the men, but the media are equally insufferable in both cases.