Women's World Cup 2023

Swarley

Only 25 days to go before the opening game in NZ. Still absolutely gutted that Scotland didn't qualify and Ireland are in the same group as Australia. It should have been us. 

Anyone going to any games? I've got tickets for the knockout stage games at Stadium Australia so am looking forward to those and I might try to get along to a game of two at Allianz.

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/tournaments/womens/womensworldcup/australia-new-zealand2023

In Adelaide we have Brazil v Panama Jul 24, China v Haiti Jul 28, South Korea v Morocco Jul 30 and China v England Aug 1 in group games plus winner group F v runner-up group H in the round of 16. The midweek games have a ridiculous 20:30 kick-off local time though. Thinking about going to the Brazil game and maybe the South Korea game. 

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

I'll watch it on telly once the tedious LIONESSES! have been knocked out and the BBC have stopped going daft about them.

Find a good book then as that's neither of the things you've mentioned are going to happen. God help us!

USA will justifiably be the favourites. England will be there or there about. Spain have a decent team despite most of their top players still boycotting the team (or the last I heard they were). Australia have hit a good run of form and roared on by the home crowd should go close again.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

33/1

Didn't realise they'd be so high. Might need to check the draw but I thought they looked decent when they beat Australia in Sydney last year. Their centre half, Jade Rose, was outstanding.

1 minute ago, Swarley said:

Didn't realise they'd be so high. Might need to check the draw but I thought they looked decent when they beat Australia in Sydney last year. Their centre half, Jade Rose, was outstanding.

Skybet are offering half the odds if they lose the final if you bet each way, which is decent.

• 2 weeks later...

BBC quite wetting themselves with a Preview after the BBC Ten (in which they might mention teams besides their beloved MIGHTY LIONESSES though I wouldn't count on it) followed by a documentary about the MIGHTY LIONESSES winning the Euros.

Include me out until England have been dumped (my standard protocol for tournaments with no Scotland, ie, almost all of them).

Edited by KirkieRR

Obviously would like to see England crash out unexpectedly early but my second hope is Ireland get pumped out in the groups too. Their style of play is brutal to watch (yes it did for our underachieving Scotland team) and I'm a bitter human being.

Happy enough for England to do well if at least one of their Villa players play, otherwise don't really care about them. Though would still rather they won it than America yet again, regardless. 

Gone for an each way bet on Sweden to win it. They have the US in their half of the draw but not too many other good sides, so if ever the Americans do balls it up they might be best equipped to capitalise. The other half of the draw, by contrast, seems to have a load of strong contenders. I'd say England, Germany and France are all capable of beating each other on their day, at least now that the French have got rid of their psychopathic manager.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa