South teams in South Challenge Cup

This Friday Night sees Mids entertain West Of Scotland Division 3 Side Lesmahagow F.C. in the 2nd round of The South Region Challenge Cup at the new King Edward Park.

Gates open 7.00pm the Pie Shed is open offering it’s usual range of refreshments.
Admission prices are: Adults £5 Concessions £3

FB_IMG_1694682965604.thumb.jpg.a164e246bba0307d49d5110ee95dde2d.jpg

FT at Trammondford 

Wigtown Bladnoch 1-4 Forth

and from Moffat a 95th min pen sends NS into round 3

Uppers 3-4 Newton Stewart.

other 2 definitely in ET

FT at Castle Cary 

goal 2 mins from end of et sends Creetown into Rd 3 against Whitletts

Vale find scoring boots in et 

7-2 against Royal Albert 

3 teams into Rd 3 open draw

Edited by HorseyGhirl

A good day for the South in the SRCC.

Result of the day goes to Creetown who prevailed against WOS Div 1 Whitletts Victoria after extra time 2-1.

Vale took a while to overcome WOS Div 4 Royal Albert. 2-1 down at halftime, Vale equalised to take the tie into extra time. 4 goals in the first half had them on easy street another goal finished the game at 7-2.

Newton Stewart survived a comeback from Uppers that saw a 3-1 lead become 3-3. A 95th min penalty saw Newton Stewart make it 3 participants in Round 3.

W&B were 0-0  at half time to Forth Wanderers from Div 2 of the WOS. But a strong 2nd half saw Forth run out 4-1 winners.

Good to see 3 sides make it through to tomorrows draw. 

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

A good day for the South in the SRCC.

Result of the day goes to Creetown who prevailed against WOS Div 1 Whitletts Victoria after extra time 2-1.

Vale took a while to overcome WOS Div 4 Royal Albert. 2-1 down at halftime, Vale equalised to take the tie into extra time. 4 goals in the first half had them on easy street another goal finished the game at 7-2.

Newton Stewart survived a comeback from Uppers that saw a 3-1 lead become 3-3. A 95th min penalty saw Newton Stewart make it 3 participants in Round 3.

W&B were 0-0  at half time to Forth Wanderers from Div 2 of the WOS. But a strong 2nd half saw Forth run out 4-1 winners.

Good to see 3 sides make it through to tomorrows draw. 

I would say Gretna beating Darvel is a far better result than Creetown beating a very poor Whitletts team.

9 hours ago, andy25 said:

I would say Gretna beating Darvel is a far better result than Creetown beating a very poor Whitletts team.

I meant solely for South teams. 

Would put forward Cumbie Utd winning 4-2 at Boness as the result of the day myself. 

Gretna have been showing signs of steady  improvement over the past month.

What's your feeling on Gordon Pope resigning. I know he's a legend in  Talbot circles?

Edited by HorseyGhirl

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I meant solely for South teams. 

Would put forward Cumbie Utd winning 4-2 at Boness as the result of the day myself. 

Gretna have been showing signs of steady  improvement over the past month.

What's your feeling on Gordon Pope resigning. I know he's a legend in  Talbot circles?

He was due either the sack or to resign with their results so far this season.  Yesterday was the last straw.

Brilliant player for Talbot and hopefully bounces back from this.

9 hours ago, outsider said:

Next round for the South of Scotland league teams.

Creetown v Ashfield.

Newton Stewart v Leith Athletic.

Troon v Abbey Vale.

3 tough ties for our boys to be played Sat 14th Oct.

Leith are 4th bottom in EOS 1st but dispatched of EOS Premier outfit Haddington 2-1 in Rd 2.

Ashfield promoted to WOS 1st eased past Oakley who are 2 places below Leith.

Troon who always seem to occupy mid table in WOS Premier bested Craigmark conquerors of Dalbeattie but only after pens.

No team is unbeatable, correct attitude and self belief.