Eos fixtures

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bobbydazzler said:

hope for a few big derbies first games of the season, then hope for a nice braw day and get the fans in

If the lowland league is anything to go by they are doing double header derbies at new year.

Usually they play derbies international break in September and new year

2 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

If the lowland league is anything to go by they are doing double header derbies at new year.

Usually they play derbies international break in September and new year

seen that, not sure too keen on double header that time of year, one bad week of weather and both the games postponed.

8 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

seen that, not sure too keen on double header that time of year, one bad week of weather and both the games postponed.

Suppose it keeps everyone closer to home at a time of year when belts are tightened due to Christmas and public transport etc can't be iffy 

1 hour ago, Man from the East said:

Don’t really accept there’s a need to break with long standing tradition on this issue. 

Cuts down travel time over Christmas and when the weather is at its worst. 

11 minutes ago, Crow said:

The problem is, in the UK you can never accurately predict or know when the bad weather will come. Anytime from November through to March is easily capable of being blitzed with bad weather.

14 minutes ago, Crow said:

Yes it does. But don’t really remember the weather stopping too many of my activities over the past 60 years. I’m pretty sure that Beast from the East was Feb/March. The worst snowfalls we have tend to be around late March/early April. 

2 hours ago, Crow said:

I’m no weatherman ... but it’s been scientifically proven that the period around the shortest day (21 December) is when the weather in the UK is most likely to be at its worst. 

I'd be interested to see the stats to back this up, particularly over the past 10-15 years.

3 hours ago, Crow said:

I’m no weatherman ... but it’s been scientifically proven that the period around the shortest day (21 December) is when the weather in the UK is most likely to be at its worst. 

Whereas Christmas Day is one of the warmer days which is why white Christmases are rare in the UK.

I usually go to a non League English Boxing Day game if I can. Big crowds and usually a decent game (with the occasional on field paggar).