#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

Ange does seem like he'd be a decent gaffer tbf. Happy to approve your annual leave and comes along to the nights out for a few pints before leaving early to let the lads get on with it.

11 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Ange does seem like he'd be a decent gaffer tbf. Happy to approve your annual leave and comes along to the nights out for a few pints before leaving early to let the lads get on with it.

More than one reply in the comments saying he seems like a supportive dad picking you up when you're down. He also seems to have had a haircut since he left Celtic. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I have a feeling that lots of Luton games this season are going to have the vibe of a plucky Championship underdog in the sixth round of the FA Cup. 

And mostly the same result. Defend like that against Man City and you're getting done by 10.

Still, good to see Edwards being asked about the dressing room banter in his post-match MOTD interview. Shearer also giving them a "naïve" verdict, which is a staple for a newly promoted side who suffer a heavy defeat on the opening weekend. It will be "I fear for them, I really do" by this time next month.

7 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Soccer Saturday simply just does not hit the same without the influence of Sir Jeff.

Simon Thomas is struggling with the step up, no doubt about it. He is out of his depth, the job's too big for him. If he drops another howler like he did at full-time of Bournemouth v West Ham today then I would like to see Merse launching an on-air coup, or at least breaking into a rendition of 'You don't know what you're doing'. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Simon Thomas is struggling with the step up, no doubt about it. He is out of his depth, the job's too big for him. If he drops another howler like he did at full-time of Bournemouth v West Ham today then I would like to see Merse launching an on-air coup, or at least breaking into a rendition of 'You don't know what you're doing'. 

Well done today mate. Yourself and the other long suffering, loyal fanbase absolutely deserve it. I know you've been there in the bad times so I hope you.enjoy the good. 

45 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Give it Big Woodsy til end of the season

45 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Absolutely, if he turns in similar performances over the next few weeks he'll lose the dressing room. I would seriously consider bringing Charlie Nick back as a punchbag/foil for him to get his confidence up.

2 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Absolutely, if he turns in similar performances over the next few weeks he'll lose the dressing room. I would seriously consider bringing Charlie Nick back as a punchbag/foil for him to get his confidence up.

I am having visions of Soccer Saturday cutting to an advert break next week, but returning to Merse in the hotseat with Charlie Nicholas walking in to take Merse's now vacant punditry seat, to a standing ovation from Clinton and the lads.

What a scene that would be, by the way.