Two seasons in

3 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

You have selectively quoted what it says. The full quote is; 

Our aim is to give kids within the Renfrewshire and surrounding area's an opportunity to enjoy and develop their football & Netball skills in a safe and secure environment, with the full support and backing of our club coaches – all of our club coaches have the relevant SYFA coaching certificates and have been fully Disclosure Scotland checked.

St Cadocs Primary is in Newton Mearns, that is where they were founded from.

"Founded from" is not the same as "claim to represent". Can you find any evidence of the latter?

11 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

"Founded from" is not the same as "claim to represent". Can you find any evidence of the latter?

So if it is not on a website it's not true. I have lived in the area all my days, I know people who's kids play for St Cadocs and they all believe they are based in Newton Mearns, are they all wrong? By deciding to selectively quote something, it shows that you are really just here to shit stir and I am not going to bother continuing interacting with someone who doesn't want to constructively discuss and issue for clubs.

5 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

So if it is not on a website it's not true. I have lived in the area all my days, I know people who's kids play for St Cadocs and they all believe they are based in Newton Mearns, are they all wrong? By deciding to selectively quote something, it shows that you are really just here to shit stir and I am not going to bother continuing interacting with someone who doesn't want to constructively discuss and issue for clubs.

100% correct St Cadocs are based in Newton Mearns. The almost 1000 kids/members train at Eastwood High School in Newton Mearns, as do the WoSFL team. The club was formed by the janitor of St Cadocs Primary in Newton Mearns and takes players from all the local primary and high schools. The proposal to convert the Crookfur playing fields to two new football pitches and a running track was met with some local opposition, but there is also local support to find a home ground, and the town is large enough to have a successful side.

32 minutes ago, Southside Sons said:

100% correct St Cadocs are based in Newton Mearns. The almost 1000 kids/members train at Eastwood High School in Newton Mearns, as do the WoSFL team. The club was formed by the janitor of St Cadocs Primary in Newton Mearns and takes players from all the local primary and high schools. The proposal to convert the Crookfur playing fields to two new football pitches and a running track was met with some local opposition, but there is also local support to find a home ground, and the town is large enough to have a successful side.

Hopefully they can get it sorted. I know first hand how hard it is to get something built in the community when several of the NIMBYS get their hackles up.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

In fairness to Pollok (im shuddering defending it), they play just beside Pollokshaws road, the train station beside them is Pollokshaws east, they are right beside Pollok Park, the area they play in is Pollokshaws, i mean for folk to mention that in the same vein as St Cadocs etc is a bit rich. 

Newlands is it not.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

In fairness to Pollok (im shuddering defending it), they play just beside Pollokshaws road, the train station beside them is Pollokshaws east, they are right beside Pollok Park, the area they play in is Pollokshaws, i mean for folk to mention that in the same vein as St Cadocs etc is a bit rich. 

It was myself that brought up Pollok along with Ants in response to a post saying Partick didn't play in Partick. There are other teams who don't play precisely where they are from. It wasn't a negative 're Lok. Born and bred in Pollok and a regular attendee to Shawlands back then I am aware of Lok's history.

As most agree St Cadocs can be considered taking the piss playing in Drumoyne.

43 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Hopefully they can get it sorted. I know first hand how hard it is to get something built in the community when several of the NIMBYS get their hackles up.

I take it unlike the SPFL/LL (Dumbarton/Broomhill groundshare!) the WoSFL don't allow teams to share on grass pitches and that's the reason that St Cadocs aren't playing more local.

32 minutes ago, Southside Sons said:

I take it unlike the SPFL/LL (Dumbarton/Broomhill groundshare!) the WoSFL don't allow teams to share on grass pitches and that's the reason that St Cadocs aren't playing more local.

They were renting from St Ants but moved to Bens last season (not sure of the reason). I believe the league are against new sharing/renting arrangements that or on grass.

2 hours ago, Southside Sons said:

Glenvale are playing at McKenna Park this season as upgrade work is taking place at Ferguslie. Toilets I believe.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

They were renting from St Ants but moved to Bens last season (not sure of the reason). I believe the league are against new sharing/renting arrangements that or on grass.

If I recall correctly St.Cadocs and Harmony Row basically swapped let's last season. This season as Harmony Row are now Giffnock SC are playing at Eastwood High. If I'm wrong Arthurlie1981 will definitely know as my source back home has fed me incorrect info recently.

4 hours ago, Southside Sons said:

Never thought of Newton Mearns as a town.

An old mining village roughly where present Mearns Cross is and that was about it.

The rest of it is just suburban sprawl reaching out from Glasgow.

15 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

That appears common practice in Glesca. With CeltGers both playing in a different country from where their roots are. 😉

I think 3 miles is acceptable. Lok have never played in Pollok. Ants no longer in Govan. Dunipace are in Denny. The list is endless.

What irks people about St.Cadocs and to a lesser extent St.Peters is they don't play in the town they claim to represent. And will they ever.

The Ants do still play in Govan. “Greater Govan”, but still Govan.

7 hours ago, Johnstonian said:

The Ants do still play in Govan. “Greater Govan”, but still Govan.

Sorry as a local that side of the expressway is and always will be Shieldhall. Even the other side is Drumoyne. Govan stops at top of Helen Street where it meets Paisley Road West. I understand what you are saying about this Greater moniker, but McKenna is in Shieldhall.

9 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Never thought of Newton Mearns as a town.

An old mining village roughly where present Mearns Cross is and that was about it.

The rest of it is just suburban sprawl reaching out from Glasgow.

Well off suburban sprawl if you please. Its not like many from the post war Southside schemes moved out there.

That's why when Pollok Centre was being expanded they came up with Silverburn to appeal to the new wealthier areas to the South.

1 minute ago, Stants1902 said:

We are deffo still a Govan team. Always have been and always will be. Comes under the Govan ward of the council. 

Screenshot_20230714_074825_Samsung Internet.jpg

Guess I'm just showing my age. Would never suggest Ants are not a Govan team was just pointing out they don't play in Old Govan anymore. Understand about the Govan Ward.

Family migrated from Antrim to Southside beginning of 1900's. All proud to be from Govan, Drumoyne, Shieldhall, Linthouse, Pollok, Priesthill, Nitshill etc.

Never said Greater Govan or Greater Pollok. 

But will leave it at that.

58 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Guess I'm just showing my age. Would never suggest Ants are not a Govan team was just pointing out they don't play in Old Govan anymore. Understand about the Govan Ward.

Family migrated from Antrim to Southside beginning of 1900's. All proud to be from Govan, Drumoyne, Shieldhall, Linthouse, Pollok, Priesthill, Nitshill etc.

Never said Greater Govan or Greater Pollok. 

But will leave it at that.

We dont call it greater govan either