Glasgow United, you know who, and GCC

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I could go on about prosecution levels in sexual crimes and the difficulty in reaching court, but I think I'd be wasting my time.

Ok so let's put it another way, hypothetically, let's say this has happened to a male relative of yours, it goes to criminal trial, He is found Not Guilty or even not Proven , would you still want him branded a rapist and not allowed to get on with his life?

This is all stupid he wasn't convicted of a crime he should be able to play his trade without any hassle what the council are doing is stoking the fire and what they have said is any team with players  in our area with or without criminal convictions will be kicked out of council owned parks well looks like Glasgow City Council has opened up a can of worms here cause I am sure every team will have someone with a criminal conviction so go after them lot now 

3 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Cannot argue with that.

There is a much deeper concern here about a number of footballers attitude to women.

Not just footballers.

Go into any Glasgow night club on a Saturday night and there's a hundred Goodwillies waiting to happen, mainly because of alcohol. Not condoning it but its a fact of modern life.

8 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

This is all stupid he wasn't convicted of a crime he should be able to play his trade without any hassle what the council are doing is stoking the fire and what they have said is any team with players  in our area with or without criminal convictions will be kicked out of council owned parks well looks like Glasgow City Council has opened up a can of worms here cause I am sure every team will have someone with a criminal conviction so go after them lot now 

Except they haven't said that and you've just made it up.

7 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

As a father of a young man playing in Div 3. I do not want him to be put in a position where at the end of the game he will be expected to shake this persons hand.

From what I can ascertain this person has not accepted any responsibility for his reported actions or offered any remorse to the girl. 

The WOSFL has a responsibility to all the players and staff of its member clubs to allow them to play in a safe environment. A number of clubs more pertinently have female physios who have a right to expect to work in a comfortable environment.

If this person has not taken responsibilities for his actions and not undertaken any counselling then he deserves to be ostracised.

As a parent of both boys and girls if this person is still at GU I will be instructing my son not to make himself available to play against GU.

Well said. 

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Really curious to know what the WoSFL are going to do about all this. Surely they're not just going to sit on their hands and let it all play out. 

Have they made any kind of statement?

I dont think they have fit and proper persons rules so theres not really much they can say or do, for all those saying anything about ‘blazers’ really theyre powerless to do something. The man is (wrongly imo) a registered player with the sfa for a wosl team and in the absence of rules or a FPP guidance then its not on them. I have felt and argued for a long time that there should be a FPP test which should apply to all playing staff coaches and board members, they should at least hold a pvg given the fact they may encounter vulnerable persons, young people etc during the course of their employment/role and the wosl should have a ‘dont bring the organisation into disrepute’ rule/threshold. This is standard practice in many work places/businesses and sports and could with work be rolled out. But right now it isnt so theres nothing can be done. 

3 hours ago, F_T_Y said:

Whatever you think of goodwillie it is worrying that councils have the power to shut down and kick out teams from facilities because of one player. North Lanarkshire first with clyde (led by jordan linden) and now glasgow council both SNP. Why even the first minister at the time of the raith/clyde scandal,sturgeon felt the need to wade in was ridiculous.

As for fit and proper persons tests, this is non league football. There will be players with criminal convictions something goodwillie does not have.

The operator of an entertainment venue as the manager can reserve the right to admit someone. The thing about pvg is that people with criminal convictions can actually hold pvg, ive seen several folks hold it, its a risk assessment essentially and its a very fair system. 
Also Goodwillie does have criminal convictions, this is a matter of public record. 

5 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Why the silence from WOSFL?

What do you actually want the league to do? I agree he shouldn’t kick a ball again at any level but having no criminal record I don’t see what you expect the WoS to do. Ban everyone with a criminal record? There would be literally 100s of player, coaches and volunteers in this bracket 

44 minutes ago, santheman said:

Not just footballers.

Go into any Glasgow night club on a Saturday night and there's a hundred Goodwillies waiting to happen, mainly because of alcohol. Not condoning it but its a fact of modern life.

Alcohol?

You been on a desert island with Robinson Crusoe the last 30 years.

13 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

What do you actually want the league to do? I agree he shouldn’t kick a ball again at any level but having no criminal record I don’t see what you expect the WoS to do. Ban everyone with a criminal record? There would be literally 100s of player, coaches and volunteers in this bracket 

Grow a pair.

29 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well said. 

I dont think they have fit and proper persons rules so theres not really much they can say or do, for all those saying anything about ‘blazers’ really theyre powerless to do something. The man is (wrongly imo) a registered player with the sfa for a wosl team and in the absence of rules or a FPP guidance then its not on them. I have felt and argued for a long time that there should be a FPP test which should apply to all playing staff coaches and board members, they should at least hold a pvg given the fact they may encounter vulnerable persons, young people etc during the course of their employment/role and the wosl should have a ‘dont bring the organisation into disrepute’ rule/threshold. This is standard practice in many work places/businesses and sports and could with work be rolled out. But right now it isnt so theres nothing can be done. 

The operator of an entertainment venue as the manager can reserve the right to admit someone. The thing about pvg is that people with criminal convictions can actually hold pvg, ive seen several folks hold it, its a risk assessment essentially and its a very fair system. 
Also Goodwillie does have criminal convictions, this is a matter of public record. 

He doesn't have any criminal convictions any he did have have been wiped so get your facts right 

52 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Ok so let's put it another way, hypothetically, let's say this has happened to a male relative of yours, it goes to criminal trial, He is found Not Guilty or even not Proven , would you still want him branded a rapist and not allowed to get on with his life?

How would that be comparable?

Just now, PossilYM said:

Grow a pair.

And do what exactly? My point to HorseyGhirl stands, how can the league be blamed for anyone signing him? Surely their hands are tied? 
Bring in a fit and proper test? Il look forward to next season with no rapists, drug dealers, wife beaters, gangsters or anyone else with a criminal record being involved in Senior Football

Just now, Kenny*******Powers said:

And do what exactly? My point to HorseyGhirl stands, how can the league be blamed for anyone signing him? Surely their hands are tied? 
Bring in a fit and proper test? Il look forward to next season with no rapists, drug dealers, wife beaters, gangsters or anyone else with a criminal record being involved in Senior Football

But he doesn't have a criminal conviction