Glasgow United, you know who, and GCC

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

It's not worrying in the slightest, I'm happy to see safeguarding being taken seriously and Shettleston and their confrontational attitude just make it easier and more inevitable that they will be invited to sling their hook. I'd be more concerned if a council was happy to let it pass without comment or action, and there is zero doubt whatsoever that hands would be wringing in ernest if there was an incident on site.

Whataboutery is fine, but I'd be completely at ease with a zero tolerance policy on rapists in football. Call me old fashioned, etc. 

It's not being old fashioned my friend it's having core human values as to the worth of another human. No man or woman has the right to force or cajole another into a sexual act.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph in the world is that good men do nothing."

I can admit I've been guilty in the past of doing nothing when seeing a wrong being perpetrated. Evil thrives on weakness.

WOSFL do not sit on your hands. Take responsibility.

1 minute ago, HorseyGhirl said:

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph in the world is that good men do nothing."

I can admit I've been guilty in the past of doing nothing when seeing a wrong being perpetrated. Evil thrives on weakness.

WOSFL do not sit on your hands. Take responsibility.

The problem you have there is they haven't broken any rules just as Clyde and Raith didn't break any rules when he signed for them so there's not a lot the blazers can do except wring their hands or get a new rule on the books banning players with certain convictions which would open up all sorts of cans of worms.

41 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Its not about a history of violence in this case; its about his attitude to women and total lack of ownership of his actions.

Goodwillie has said he would happily go to court tomorrow to fight his case. If found guilty, he would face jail time. 

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Has anybody on here spoke with anyone who has been on the receiving end of sexual violence. It never ends for them, they live with it every single day of their life. It is a vile desecration that no human should have to go through. 

I cannot imagine what sort of person can subject a fellow being to it.

I don't think I'm any of the statements provided that there is even a hint of violence 

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

For me makes very interesting reading, the CCTV evidence clearly showing that at no time the female was so intoxicated she couldn't walk unaided, I'd suggest this is why the criminal trial was never proceeded with. 
And just some food for thought for all to consider, if the PF had decided to proceed with the criminal trial despite the lack of evidence he'd have undoubtedly been found not guilty and therefore both he and Robertson would have resumed their football careers without all the backlash we see now. 
Look at the Man City player who has just been found not guilty in s criminal court of law , he has now just signed with a Belgium team without anyone batting an eyelid! 

Edited by Plantar fasciitis

For some bizarre reason, I didn't think this thread would blow up considering no one had commented on it since the friendly. What do I know.

For what its worth (and speaking from a lifelong professional career that deals with a lot that the case discusses) - it's an atrocious act (and easy civil judgement) which also unfortunately shows where criminal case prosecution also lies when it comes to judgments on sexual violence. This guy probably wants a criminal case purely on the low prosecution rates based on higher standards of proof - not because he is innocent.

It's the usual issues with criminal/civil "rehabilitation" - when can someone "move on with their life"? Well people can, but don't expect to be accepted as a public role model, that footballers at all levels are ascribed to be by their own clubs and fanbases. Glasgow United should not have considered trialling him, in my opinion.

I'm not necessarily expecting WoSFL to get involved per se (unless the individual is breaking any contractual or constitutional rules, or going against any other values that the organisation has signed up to). However I do hope that WoSFL take a public position on this to protect the reputation of its leagues and the values it informally tries to promote. Similarly you would not want teams to be in a position of making individual decisions when playing Glasgow United (particularly Women's/Girl's teams).

Silence just makes the vacuum bigger, and increases both organisational speculation of its own values, but also leads to constant squabbling, politicisation, entrenchment of views, and general nastiness from the louder/unhinged people of the world who influence clubs and fanbases alike.

Edited by Pareidolia

4 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

I don't think I'm any of the statements provided that there is even a hint of violence 

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

For me makes very interesting reading, the CCTV evidence clearly showing that at no time the female was so intoxicated she couldn't walk unaided, I'd suggest this is why the criminal trial was never proceeded with. 
And just some food for thought for all to consider, if the PF had decided to proceed with the criminal trial despite the lack of evidence he'd have undoubtedly been found not guilty and therefore both he and Robertson would have resumed their football careers without all the backlash we see now. 
Look at the Man City player who has just been found not guilty in s criminal court of law , he has now just signed with a Belgium team without anyone batting an eyelid! 

I think you need to look up sexual violence.

5 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Doubt it. The pair of them would more likely have been found Not Proven. Which is a factor in why the law is being reviewed due to the increased use of the verdict in sexual assault cases. Where it's one version of events vs. another with no 3rd party witness or definitive physical evidence.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Doubt it. The pair of them would more likely have been found Not Proven. Which is a factor in why the law is being reviewed due to the increased use of the verdict in sexual assault cases. Where it's one version of events vs. another with no 3rd party witness or definitive physical evidence.

I disagree, and the distinct lack of physical evidence it would have been no guilty. 

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you implying because he didn't beat her up the rape wasn't a violent act?

There are different forms of statute rape and not all refer to violence. 
And still no evidence in the statements to confirm beyond reasonable doubt a rape has occurred , hence why a criminal trial never took place 

Just now, Plantar fasciitis said:

There are different forms of statute rape and not all refer to violence. 
And still no evidence in the statements to confirm beyond reasonable doubt a rape has occurred , hence why a criminal trial never took place 

I stand by the fact the PF would not fail to take a case to a criminal trial unless they felt there was a total lack of evidence to support the allegations made. 
Or are we saying the PF office is corrupt and totally disregards crimes against females? 

If and it's a big if in my opinion that Goodwille did commit the criminal offence of rape then he deserves everything he's getting and more, his liberty should be tsken away and his bits cut off. It's just not as clear cut as everyone is making out and it's basically came down to the evidence of oneperson saying she can't remember anything. 

4 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

I stand by the fact the PF would not fail to take a case to a criminal trial unless they felt there was a total lack of evidence to support the allegations made. 
Or are we saying the PF office is corrupt and totally disregards crimes against females? 

I could go on about prosecution levels in sexual crimes and the difficulty in reaching court, but I think I'd be wasting my time.

15 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Forcing another into a sexual act is on itself a violent act. Speak to anyone who has endured it.

41 minutes ago, santheman said:

The problem you have there is they haven't broken any rules just as Clyde and Raith didn't break any rules when he signed for them so there's not a lot the blazers can do except wring their hands or get a new rule on the books banning players with certain convictions which would open up all sorts of cans of worms.

Cannot argue with that.

There is a much deeper concern here about a number of footballers attitude to women.