Pars vs Airdrie - Sat 5th August

However, there is one major exception. The rule does make a specific exception for handball occurrences committed as long as a player's body position is "a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation." Then a handball is not whistled.

This exception largely comes into play for a defensive player sliding to make a block. It is generally considered impossible to make a sliding movement without using an arm on the ground for support. Thus, the use of an arm for support while sliding is a "justifiable" action for that particular body movement, and therefore a ball which strikes a support arm would not be considered an "unnatural" position even if extended from the body.

https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/football/news/handball-football-rules-changes-fifa-uefa-hand-ball-soccer/tdnqkct6nzocrbfvscrxvtzl

so it’s not a penalty.

The stupid editing makes it hard to see in real time, but that doesn’t look like a penalty to me. He is sliding in to make a block and his arm looks roughly where it should be for such a block.

I think it's stupid that you cannot score with an accidental handball but it's fine to stop a certain goal with an accidental one, it should either be neither or both, but that is the law so can't blame the referee.

Even if it should have been, Gal's miss was a worse mistake than any by the referee so we can't complain. I've no time for blaming referees, it serves no purpose and is a loser's mindset. Credit to Watson who shot down questions about the referee and blamed the team.

Couldn't make it today but that's a really big win for us for multiple reasons.

Obviously three points is always welcome, but to start with that is great. To do so with multiple players out is fantastic. To do so with many starting players out is brilliant. To do so with a 17 year old starting is immense.

The Pars lads. Some team.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Couldn't make it today but that's a really big win for us for multiple reasons.

Obviously three points is always welcome, but to start with that is great. To do so with multiple players out is fantastic. To do so with many starting players out is brilliant. To do so with a 17 year old starting is immense.

The Pars lads. Some team.

We're hard as.

Imagine the team with new signings plus Todd, Mehmet and Hosler back. Might take till 2024 for that to happen but we'll be safe this year.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

We're hard as.

Imagine the team with new signings plus Todd, Mehmet and Hosler back. Might take till 2024 for that to happen but we'll be safe this year.

Seemingly all three of them will be back this year. KRH apparently could be back next month. Mehmet is due back October. Todd November or December.

Also O'Halloran is due back at some point. f**k knows when mind, but he needs to play anything over 4 minutes to be better than Noel Whelan!

I know we look at the highlights for goals but I would love to see Bene's block with two feet off the ground in the first half. Airdrie player strikes it from 18 yards towards goal and ''The Wall'' just bats it back with two feet. Fukin legend.

Aye I’ll take that. Thought Otoo, Benedictus, Chalmers and McCann were excellent. Frustrated the life out of me watching us fluff our lines numerous times when we dispossessed Airdrie around 18 yards out from goal. 

Gallagher’s had a stinker with that miss but I was very impressed with him and Telfer. Number 14 looked a player as well, very tidy on the ball and had a great first touch. I reckon Airdrie will be sound but they’ll have to mix their play up a bit, there’s a time and place for it and if they don’t address it they’ll get their arses felt. 

Paul Allan though.

Edited by Gigi Alabocheré

16 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Airdrie are a frustrating team to play against, throw themselves to the ground at the slightest contact. That’s part of the game I guess and probably the only way they’ll get points in this league if they don’t strengthen. But the fake head knocks are pathetic behaviour.

The keeper was going to get up, then McCabe grabbed him and told him to go down, to try and get Tod a second yellow. A wee bit later, Frizzell headered the back of Paul Allan’s head, played on. Then as soon as we won the ball, he went down holding his head. I’m sorry, but there’s no place for that sort of behaviour. Head knocks should be taken seriously. But players faking head injuries like that is disgraceful and makes a mockery of the whole thing. Funnily enough, he was fine to get up and run around with no issues once the ball went out. Thankfully, the ref saw right through that one. Just a shame Edwards couldn’t make the most of the chance. They deserved to concede there.

Was keen to see this back as my initial reaction to your post was that you were talking nonsense, and seeing it back just confirms what utter rubbish you were talking.

Firstly there is no 'fake head knock', Clarke gets a full-on thigh/knee to the head. The instant this happens McCabe turns to the bench to signal medical help, Clarke gets on to his knees but looks a bit weary and McCabe rightly tells him to take his time and wait to be seen by medics. Not once does McCabe even look at the referee or appeal for a foul, not once. Airdrie had the ball so there was no advantage to us to stopping, the game was a draw at the time and the ref hadn't even given a foul (rightly, it was just a clash) the idea that he was faking a head knock and then McCabe trying to get him booked (or time waste?) is nonsense. Many times players can be concussed but think they are okay, stopping the game and checking he was fine after that knock was absolutely the right thing to do.

You've tried to present yourself as being concerned with the welfare of players yet when a player gets a knock to the head you don't think he should be properly assessed because you were clearly too caught up in the game.

I didn't see the other incident you spoke about but given your ridiculous analysis of the Clarke one it's safe to assume that's nonsense too.

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Showing your lack of knowledge of the rules by saying that’s a penalty bud.

Very clearly using his arm for support when on the ground and refs are told not to give penalties for incidents such as those.

More of a stonewall miss than a stonewall penalty,,  Gal must score..

3 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Was keen to see this back as my initial reaction to your post was that you were talking nonsense, and seeing it back just confirms what utter rubbish you were talking.

Firstly there is no 'fake head knock', Clarke gets a full-on thigh/knee to the head. The instant this happens McCabe turns to the bench to signal medical help, Clarke gets on to his knees but looks a bit weary and McCabe rightly tells him to take his time and wait to be seen by medics. Not once does McCabe even look at the referee or appeal for a foul, not once. Airdrie had the ball so there was no advantage to us to stopping, the game was a draw at the time and the ref hadn't even given a foul (rightly, it was just a clash) the idea that he was faking a head knock and then McCabe trying to get him booked (or time waste?) is nonsense. Many times players can be concussed but think they are okay, stopping the game and checking he was fine after that knock was absolutely the right thing to do.

You've tried to present yourself as being concerned with the welfare of players yet when a player gets a knock to the head you don't think he should be properly assessed because you were clearly too caught up in the game.

I didn't see the other incident you spoke about but given your ridiculous analysis of the Clarke one it's safe to assume that's nonsense too.

And the goalie got a nasty bang to the head in the first half 

That was a very good game, watching a proper clash of styles with Airdrie setting up with one of the most expansive attacking formation I’ve seen in a long time.  First half their front 3 sat right on our back 3, meaning Edwards and Comrie were forced to check a lot of their normal runs.  Midfield was then bypassed most of the time by Airdrie who looked to suck our front 2 plus young Tod onto their back line, pushing our team up, then being direct with long passes onto runners on our defensive sides.  Second half (and this is where McPake really earns his corn) we cut that out and changed shape ever so slightly to suffocate that - and that’s how the game was won.  McCabe shouldn’t have taken himself off if that was a tactical change - but he’ll learn.

Airdrie impressed me.  I think there is zero chance of them going down.  There’s far too many creative pacey players in that side, and I think McCabe and Fordyce really have something as a management team to believe that more growth is to come. They’ll take a pumping or two (like last season) but they’ll also catch a few teams in this league cold. 

As for us, yes, we need a few bodies and I mean a few.  But the core and spirit of our side will do us well, as long as they can react well to a few defeats - because we will absolutely lose a few games this season, and possibly a few in a row.  That’ll be the real test.

57 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Firstly, the referee did give a free kick. Genuinely not sure why you’re trying to claim he didn’t.

Also, can I just check, were you at the game? Once the physios came on, You had multiple players surrounding the ref about it. Tod went over to check the keeper was alright and McCabe got in his face, waving his finger his finger at him etc. McPake even said we had to take Tod off because of the tension around that incident. If our manager felt the need to bring him off to protect him, I don’t know what you’re trying to achieve by outright lying, to claim that none of your team made a big deal about the incident to the officials.

If the keeper wasn’t feeling right, he did the right thing. However, at the time, everyone at that end of the ground seemed to get the same impression that the keeper looked fine, before McCabe told him to go down. I was worried about him after our equaliser, that looked a really sore one. But, I thought he looked ok after this one. However, having seen it back, looks like he wasn’t actually as ‘fine’ as I thought at the time. So I’m willing to hold my hands up and say I might have called that one wrong and I am genuinely glad the keeper’s alright.

As for asking why you’d be trying to slow the game down, you did this at every opportunity for the first 65 minutes, until we took the lead. So maybe you need to ask why that was your game plan? At least we only wasted time when we had a lead.

Also, if you were at the game, I find it hard to believe that you missed Frizzell going down in the centre circle holding his head to try and stop a counter attack. Just another thing that you’ve conveniently missed/forgotten.

We all see things from our own team’s perspective and yes, I’m aware I obviously have a biased point of view at Dunfermline games. But I seriously find it hard to believe that you didn’t see your players surrounding the ref after the incident between Tod and the keeper and I find it almost impossible to believe that you missed both that and the Frizzell fake head injury. The Frizzell one was so stupid. When the ball went out of play, he got up and ran to the ref to complain that play wasn’t stopped, ref asked if he needed treatment and he just said no, then ran off again.

3 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Rubbish.

BTW WTF is going on between the two clubs.   In 5 matches we've had 5 red cards(6 if you count mackay) 2 penalties, numerous penalty/red card claims not given and yet generally we're all pals,  both managers and squads clearly respect each other and there no animosity online. Its weird,  not bad just weird. 

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

BTW WTF is going on between the two clubs.   In 5 matches we've had 5 red cards(6 if you count mackay) 2 penalties, numerous penalty/red card claims not given and yet generally we're all pals,  both managers and squads clearly respect each other and there no animosity online. Its weird,  not bad just weird. 

Oh please don't mate this a cue for the thread to degenerate.

💖💖💖