The Lions v The Dons (Sat 5th Aug)

2 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

That lineup is a disgrace, an absolute sackable offence. 

Think they've done really well so far in this shape, Aberdeen have been limited to very few openings. De Lucas I'm not sure about but he may be in there to combat the pace of Duk.

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

"boohoo, livi aren't letting us win"

As far as I can see, the only difference between the 2 sides is there only seems to be one side being punished for fouls

No offence, no,  actually I don’t care, but that’s UTTER bollocks.

Livingston 13 fouls, 1 yellow. 
Aberdeen 5 fouls, 2 yellow cards.

Hope you go down.  

Nice stadium…& eh, that’s it.

Great battling performance. Duk barely in the game after terrorising us last season, full credit to De Lucas for marshalling him. Jamie Brandon was terrific down the right and I thought Pittman was back to his best when he came on the pitch. Sangare looked good in the first half.

Should have won it with Obileye's free header at the back post. Would have just about deserved it over the game.

Hope Anderson is ok, that looked a very nasty injury.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

2 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Every so often you see an insane choice in a Martindale lineup and think 'Well it's just the way he does things and it's worked out before'

There are 5 nuts calls in here. Guthrie over Anderson? Why is Kelly not starting? Luiyi has barely played in preseason, surely Parkes/Nottingham/Boyes would be a better call for LCB? Brandon, while looking good in preseason, hasn't played 90 minutes for us... ever? Penrice?!?

This has St Mirren '3-0 down by half time' vibes.

Well, shows how little I know. Defensively, we were outstanding. Aberdeen have a genuinely quality attack and they didn't even have a shot on target. Guthrie had a great game, Luiyi had a great game. Brandon looked both excellent and horrific in equal measure.

Play like that this season and we'll be nowhere near relegation. 

That was an awful standard of football to watch. Livingston played to their strengths. Disrupted and slowed the game. I thought Nouble had a really good game for them. As did De Luca? Duk was no existent.

Unfortunately Polvara hasn't really improved since his loan move. Morris showed decent glimpses but his crossing was poor and his first touch was heavy at times. Duk was arguably the worst player on the pitch. Miovski dives too much and needs to get more involved.

I thought McKenzie did well against Nouble. I like the look of Rubezic and I really like Nicky Devlin.

I think we lost our last two matches away to Livingston so to be ultra positive its a point gained from previous outings there.

We desperately need a replacement in for Ramadani. If Scales is signing, we need to speed that transaction up. And its evident we need two attacking minded midfielders.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Most of the time I think people are overreacting to our style of play, but today we were absolutely guilty of the sneaky 'slow things down, hoofball, agression at the right time dark arts' pish that we've been accused of for the last 8 seasons.

And I fucking love it.

Martindale's decision to go with Guthrie, Shinnie and Brandon over Anderson, Kelly and Penrice was spot on even if many Livi fans felt otherwise. Very physical game that I felt we edged over the piece. De Lucas was my MOTM for the way he completely nullified Duk. Big negative is 3 injured players (resulting from poor/late tackles and not the pitch before anyone starts) in our, already sparse, attacking ranks. No bad performances in a Livi shirt today though

1 minute ago, thruthenight said:

Most of the time I think people are overreacting to our style of play, but today we were absolutely guilty of the sneaky 'slow things down, hoofball, agression at the right time dark arts' pish that we've been accused of for the last 8 seasons.

And I fucking love it.

It was very much like watching Hopkin/Holt era Livi....hunting in packs, strong in the tackle and chasing everything

Yeah not a great start. Not necessarily that bothered by the result as we’re by no means guaranteed to beat anyone in the league but the performance was a worry. No creativity and no real attempt to change anything by Robson either through subs or tactics. I realise that’s not necessarily new for Robson but is still a worry.

Brutal game and result which emphasises the need for some quality signings, especially with euro groups in the near future. On that showing, If we draw any decent teams we could be in for some embarrassment. 

Good to see Mikey Devlin back playing again, he and McKenna looked to be forming a cracking CB partnership for the Dons and Scotland before his injuries. 

Hopefully Anderson makes a speedy recovery too, horrible collision. 

1 minute ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Brutal game and result which emphasises the need for some quality signings, especially with euro groups in the near future. On that showing, If we draw any decent teams we could be in for some embarrassment. 

Good to see Mikey Devlin back playing again, he and McKenna looked to be forming a cracking CB partnership for the Dons and Scotland before his injuries. 

Hopefully Anderson makes a speedy recovery too, horrible collision. 

Admittedly I haven't seen replays but I think the Aberdeen lad was very lucky not to get a second yellow that challenge

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Baffles me why folk buy food at football grounds. 
It’s invariably utter, utter shite & always hugely over-priced

2 hours max without food.

Eat before you get in 

Terrible take. A pie is part of the experience.