Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

If this was a friendly against anyone other than England then I’d imagine Clarke might have made a few changes in the starting line up

As it us, barring injuries, I reckon changes will be kept to a minimum 

I reckon Patterson may start instead of Hickey with Dykes in for Adams up front 

On 07/09/2023 at 08:11, DA Baracus said:

I see that this game will be on Channel 4.

Odd that it's not also on Viaplay because friendlies now also come under the centralised UEFA deal for whatever the window is for (so this friendly comes with the Euro qualifying rights). 

The last Scotland v England game at Hampden was on Sky and ITV/STV.

There's no BBC highlights either, so I suspect there's been a deal between Channel 4 and Viaplay for the former to have exclusivity - which has a knock-on effect for the BBC's sub-licensed highlights rights.

6 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

We should be putting out experimental sides for the qualifiers too from now on.

You know that the overall group ranking is used to determine seeding pots for the finals draw? We could literally have already won the group and it would be important to continue picking up points.

Also the England game will impact our FIFA world ranking which is used for seeding for the World Cup qualifiers draw that is held in just over a year.

Dont get me wrong I’m all for throwing in an experiment or two but the nucleus of the side should remain the same and I’d only be taking players out of the lineup if they appear injured or fatigued.

Same team as last night for me. 

Im no wanting to go in to a game with England and get absolutely battered because we played a second string. I'm going so that would be wholly embarrassing. 

Make some changes to the side, sure. With the strength and depth we have in certain positions it shouldn't overly effect us. 

Its a friendly but its a chance to see how we shape up against, unfortunately, one of the top national sides in the world. 

I think we can beat them and if we can, we should absolutely be going for it. 

Can't fathom folk saying they don't care about this game. 

Aye, it doesn't mean anything for qualifying, but it's against the Auld Enemy and has to be the best chance we've had in my lifetime to scud them. 

Buzzing for Tuesday. Any opportunity to watch this team of absolute shaggers under the lights at Hampden is one to be anticipated and savoured.

5 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Can't fathom folk saying they don't care about this game. 

Aye, it doesn't mean anything for qualifying, but it's against the Auld Enemy and has to be the best chance we've had in my lifetime to scud them. 

Buzzing for Tuesday. Any opportunity to watch this team of absolute shaggers under the lights at Hampden is one to be anticipated and savoured.

We haven't beaten them at home since 1985

I say go for it

Strongest team