Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

Start full strength and hope to get ahead in the game, but I’d be happy enough if he brought on some of the other players like Ferguson etc who haven’t played as much. You need to give them some time to contribute. 

Full strength and test yourself against one of the best sides in the world.

Beat them and potentially qualify for the Euros (mathematically) on the same night and it could be one of those great nights at Hampden.

Weird being this optimistic.

It's a mark of how far Scotland have come that I genuinely couldn't give a fish's tit about this game. Usually get quite pumped for a game against THEM. This time, it's quite 'meh'

I reserve the right to change this standpoint should we be gubbing them on Tuesday. 

3 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

I reserve the right to change this standpoint should we be gubbing them on Tuesday. 

It's a win-win.

If the nigels win, even if they tank us, it's 'Just a friendly, we have bigger fish to fry etc etc.'

if we win, it's 'GET IT RIGHT UP YE, England!' with maybe news of Euro qualification to add.

My main worry would be that we in recent years have tended to do better against them in competitive fixtures and less well in friendlies. Perhaps the opposite of what the nigel fans always claim is true - it's them who take this fixture more seriously than us.

Wouldn’t change the starting 11 apart from maybe dykes for adams.

however Be good to see likes of Ferguson get a shot second half. Been regularly performing well for Bologna, without getting a sniff for Scotland. 
Thought he could’ve come on for gilmour instead of McLean against Cyprus. 

3 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

It's a mark of how far Scotland have come that I genuinely couldn't give a fish's tit about this game. Usually get quite pumped for a game against THEM. This time, it's quite 'meh'

This is precisely where I am and yes it's dirty. Is this what happens when you're big time? 

(I know fine well come Tuesday afternoon I'll be feeling differently).

I don’t see the point in resting players for this game. Our next qualifying game isn’t for a month and they’ll be playing for their clubs until then.

This is a good opportunity for the players to test themselves against a pretty good England side, who must be one of the favourites for Euro 2024.

I wasn’t that fussed for it, but the nearer the game gets I’m finding myself getting right up for it. Should be a great night.

Will be tough for the Three Lions to come to Hampden and get a result against Europe's form team. It will be great for them to test themselves against the Group A Nations League elite. Scotland should avoid being complacent - England will be treating it like their World Cup Final.

10 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

England will be treating it like their World Cup Final.

While I get what you are saying is tongue in cheek there is a wee bit of truth in it. 

England will definitely be coming to Hampden looking to put us uppity Jocks back in our box and put doubt into our heads as to how good we might think we are.

36 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Will be tough for the Three Lions to come to Hampden and get a result against Europe's form team. It will be great for them to test themselves against the Group A Nations League elite. Scotland should avoid being complacent - England will be treating it like their World Cup Final.

Yellow card for reference to England as "the Three Lions"

2 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

What about Lewis Ferguson ?

I do not think playing him would weaken the team

You would be dropping McGinn or McTominay (or moving one of them deeper), so you definitely would be weakening the team. I wouldn't mind that, but I'm not convinced either of those two will be keen on missing Tuesday.