Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

13 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Lol. And like yourself for getting your knickers in a twist over playing England in a glorified over priced friendly that means hee haw. 

Getting my knickers in a twist?

1. I don't wear underwear

2. I couldn't give a flying f**k about tomorrow's friendly which is why I'm still over 2000 miles away.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

There isn't one.

England, like any other side will be looking for somewhere to train prior to the game. Its a non story. Only highlighted as in European games and pre internationals, the away side get to use the home sides pitch the day/night before as they only show up the day before, Exactly as England will do today/tonight.

Seems sensible that if they are in Scotland a day earlier, they will look for some facilities. Rangers aren't using all of it, so genuinely no issue here.

Can slag Rangers off for many things, but this isn't one. 

Surely we have a red blaze pitch left we can let them train on, and provide some Mitre 5 balls to practice with. 

1 hour ago, microdave said:

After seeing pics of Andy Robertson and Harry Kane at the venue of the first international match, I thought I'd venture along for a wee look since I'm in the vicinity. 

20230911_153439.jpg

20230911_153431.jpg

Should have the game there imo. Plenty of pubs around about for the visiting fans and it’s walking distance from my house. 

39 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Should have the game there imo. Plenty of pubs around about for the visiting fans and it’s walking distance from my house. 

Yup - handy train and subway access as well.

Be terrible if we got a Georgia match rainstorm, though.

3 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Lol. And like yourself for getting your knickers in a twist over playing England in a glorified over priced friendly that means hee haw. 

Only one person getting their knickers in a twist here.

Spoiler

Hint: it’s you.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Only one person getting their knickers in a twist here.

Hide contents

Hint: it’s you.

Not at all. I don't get myself all William Wallace because it's England. That's the kind of blinkered attitude that holds Scotland back from an enlightened future.

2 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

We'd pump them rotten at cricket n aw! 

We did the last time we played I'm sure. 

Hopefully there's no bother tomorrow, that's the only thing I'm worried about really. Game will take care of itself. Would be good to get a win and get that monkey off the back about not being able to beat them but not a disaster if we don't. 

I'm not sure it has been mentioned previously but just to temper the overconfidence; we have not beaten England this Century. Let that sink in. Last win was 1999 at Wembley, last win at Hampden was 1985. We don't have the best record against them in the last 40 years. About time we got a win tbh. 

17 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Not at all. I don't get myself all William Wallace because it's England. That's the kind of blinkered attitude that holds Scotland back from an enlightened future.

You're clearly fucking at it.

"Enlightened future"? This isn't Star Trek.

Just now, Ayrfix said:

I'm not sure it has been mentioned previously but just to temper the overconfidence; we have not beaten England this Century. Let that sink in. Last win was 1999 at Wembley, last win at Hampden was 1985. We don't have the best record against them in the last 40 years. About time we got a win tbh. 

This is a different team though. I can't think of a single time we've played them and had a realistic chance of beating them. I'm not expecting us to win, but I am expecting it to be a great contest where there's a single goal in it. I'm not going to be surprised if we win it though, which I would have been had we beaten them in the playoff in 1999 or any other games we've played them since.

2 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

TBF England have only visited Hampden once this century.

Scotland and England games were great. My first game was the 1-1 1984(?).

It is the oldest International game and our closest rivals/ neighbours/ enemies, however you want to phrase it.

Back in the day it was a massive fixture with fans saving up 2 years in advance for the biannual Wembley trips.

Also used to be one of the few games on television, shown live.

I am looking forward to watching it. I feel the players on both sides and the fans will be up for it.

For a friendly it should be competitive, so it will be interesting to see how we do against one of the higher ranked nations, we may face in Germany.