The Sons vs The Spartans

When I was at Cliftonhill for the Pyramid Playoff some wee guy was shouting 'Go back to your council houses' to the Albion Rovers young team. So I've amended the below post.

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Hope we shag these Tory, B team loving c***s.

Anyway. I've no idea what to expect; Spartans looked stuffy and obviously had Blair Henderson up top against the Wee Rovers - and have added a bit of quality since then. So I'm expecting a better version of Bonnyrigg. But hopefully we'll have enough on our own bowling green to put them to the sword - or at least take a few of the chances we create.

8 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

When I was at Cliftonhill for the Pyramid Playoff some wee guy was shouting 'Go back to your council houses' to the Albion Rovers young team. So I've amended the below post.

Anyway. I've no idea what to expect; Spartans looked stuffy and obviously had Blair Henderson up top against the Wee Rovers - and have added a bit of quality since then. So I'm expecting a better version of Bonnyrigg. But hopefully we'll have enough on our own bowling green to put them to the sword - or at least take a few of the chances we create.

I've heard this shouted at Sons fans by Queen's Park supporters.

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

First time I've seen us play in person since that horribly disjointed performance against Hebburn, so it's got to be better than that surely... 

Never bother with pre-season or league cup so in a similar boat come Saturday. 

Fascinating to see this swashbuckling, high pressing FazBall 2.0 I've read so much about

How many of the missing guys will be back? Presumably Wallace will be back from his honeymoon, at least.

Frustratingly, I'm actually in Scotland while this is on but at a stupid wedding in Spartans' wee Tory town, rather than G82.

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

How many of the missing guys will be back? Presumably Wallace will be back from his honeymoon, at least.

Frustratingly, I'm actually in Scotland while this is on but at a stupid wedding in Spartans' wee Tory town, rather than G82.

Blair Malcolm will definitely be back. I think Kalvin Orsi is pretty close too, but won't be match sharp. I can't actually remember what Faz had said about R.Wallace, but it feels like he's been away for ages! 

So that would leave Declan Byrne and Callum Wilson as the two out I think? And they won't be back before the end of the month.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Blair Malcolm will definitely be back. I think Kalvin Orsi is pretty close too, but won't be match sharp. I can't actually remember what Faz had said about R.Wallace, but it feels like he's been away for ages! 

So that would leave Declan Byrne and Callum Wilson as the two out I think? And they won't be back before the end of the month.

I'd like to see Ryan Wallace start, if he's back. I think he has a touch of quality about him, that no one else in the squad has.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, microdave said:

The most important question for this game is, does the bowling club allow non members in? And a lesser question is do they take card payments? 

Aye and aye. We were in last week and were more than welcome, away fans were in too. 

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

First point, yes, but I think there may be a minimum height requirement of 5' 9-1/2".

Second point, dunno.

I'll wear my high heels.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye and aye. We were in last week and were more than welcome, away fans were in too. 

Excellent on both points.