Forfar Athletic Vs Elgin City

3 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

2-0 defeat, no shots on target, Draper to say after the game we are closing in on a signing, signing to be announced as some 17 year old on loan from Aberdeen/Caley.

Something along those lines......

You guys that bad then 

39 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

This game feels like the "we're desperate for another striker" derby right now. 😆

Any update on Skelly, was it just a knock or will he miss out?

Otherwise Watson or Paterson will start up top I presume, if so guess we'll be hoping for Inglis to be our main scoring threat.

6 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Any update on Skelly, was it just a knock or will he miss out?

Otherwise Watson or Paterson will start up top I presume, if so guess we'll be hoping for Inglis to be our main scoring threat.

Not sure if it was just a knock or just a precaution but hope to find out in the preview.

If he isn't fit then hopefully it'd be Paterson, although a goals not fallen for him yet he's been very close a couple times and has got goals in him.

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

This game feels like the "we're desperate for another striker" derby right now. 😆

Elgin's problems seem to be much deeper than just being desperate for another striker so even if Skelly isn't fit I'd still expect Forfar to be too strong for them. 

Can only see another defeat for us the team still needs to gel together but still lacking guys aswell and getting young guys doesn’t really help that much I’d take a draw that’s the best we’ll get I think but highly doubt it 

22 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Elgin's problems seem to be much deeper than just being desperate for another striker so even if Skelly isn't fit I'd still expect Forfar to be too strong for them. 

I agree even without skelly I think we could end up winning something like 3-0.

Edited by ScottishLoon

48 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Not sure if it was just a knock or just a precaution but hope to find out in the preview.

If he isn't fit then hopefully it'd be Paterson, although a goals not fallen for him yet he's been very close a couple times and has got goals in him.

Given how enthusiastic Elgin fans are, and our quality of squad overall. We should be getting 3 points and perhaps Saturday is the perfect time for Paterson to start up top (if Skelly is absent).

I have three wishes for Saturday 

1 -  three points and no bum squeaking moments in the dying minutes

2 - current Loons’ optimism over this game doesn’t come back and bite us on the 4r5e

3 - no nasty tackles from screaming opposition players resulting in wrongful red cards for our players (that game last season still haunts me)

1 hour ago, theSilverFox said:

I have three wishes for Saturday 

1 -  three points and no bum squeaking moments in the dying minutes

2 - current Loons’ optimism over this game doesn’t come back and bite us on the 4r5e

3 - no nasty tackles from screaming opposition players resulting in wrongful red cards for our players (that game last season still haunts me)

Some really dodgy decisions happened in those games against Elgin. Ben Armour sent off for nothing, McCallum being on his line whilst saving a pen and it getting retaken

2 hours ago, lwh said:

Some really dodgy decisions happened in those games against Elgin. Ben Armour sent off for nothing, McCallum being on his line whilst saving a pen and it getting retaken

That game with the retaken penalty was the worst refereeing I can remember seeing at station park.

Especially Brindleys red card for a clean tackle.🤦‍♂️

Can't remember the refs name but was mental how much he affected that game.

Edited by ScottishLoon

3 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

That game with the retaken penalty was the worst refereeing I can remember seeing at station park.

Didn’t the boy sky the re taken pen ?

3 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Duncan Williams was the referee I’m sure. 
He did our league cup game against Arbroath this season, and some of his decision making in that was a bit shoddy as well.

22 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Duncan Williams was the referee I’m sure. 
He did our league cup game against Arbroath this season, and some of his decision making in that was a bit shoddy as well.

A name I don't want to see again anyway.