Stranraer v East Fife

After last weeks disappointment The Fife will be looking to get some points on the board. I wouldn't complain about 1 but we are capable of taking the win, so 2-0 East Fife 

I would line up:

Fleming

Murdoch    Page    Easton  Newton

Nicol       Walls    Millar    Healey

Shepherd   Austin

44 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

After last weeks disappointment The Fife will be looking to get some points on the board. I wouldn't complain about 1 but we are capable of taking the win, so 2-0 East Fife 

I would line up:

Fleming

Shepherd   Austin

Would be surprised if Stranraer make any changes. Only change will likely be the appearance of Oli McDonald on the bench. Sounds like Matty Grant could be out for a wee spell and I don't know how close Deryn Lang is to getting involved. Obviously, buoyed by an opening day so fingers crossed can build on that.

9 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

I would line up:

Fleming

Shepherd   Austin

After last week's debacle, only 3 points will do.

Agree with your starting 11 though. Likely see Docherty in line up. 

3 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

I wasn't  at the game so i can't comment on how we played, but it is disappointing not to capatilise with the extra man for 80+ minutes !

You should be disappointed, but also relieved at getting a point. Despite being a man down for so long (I'll come back to that) Stranraer were the better team for large parts of that 2nd half. The game should've been over with the penalty, and especially with the penalty retake. I don't think I've ever seen the same player take two consecutive penalties so identically poorly.

Was it a red card? I've heard people say Craig Ross wasn't last man, Kyle Girvan had him covered. No chance, Austin was away from both of them so IF Ross has brought him down, it should be a red, right? Well, according to some, Austin was offside (not sure myself) and the keeper was getting it anyway (again, not sure.) I don't think it was a foul though, I think Austin has tripped over Ross, rather than Ross bringing him down.

Either way, Kyle Girvan was superb in thwarting Austin for the rest of the game, and well done Scott Agnew for not changing formation and seemingly sticking to the gameplan. Last season Stranraer would've been well beaten in a game like this, so positive signs for me. The team looks fitter & stronger than last season and will be very disappointed not to have won the game.

2 hours ago, skiblue said:

Good highlights as ever... Never too biased. Should of been 3 points, but we move on to next game

Always great commentary  by the 2 Stranraer guys, some of the things they come out with are really funny. The  goal Scullion lost at   Bonnyrigg for example 😂

Obviously the sending off is the main talking point. I thought it was correct; we were denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. Stranraer will claim that another defender could have got back, but it wasn't the terrible decision some were claiming. Pagey's sending off at Motherwell springs to mind. 

Stranraer's ten men did really well however, credit to them. In fairness to East Fife, we kept plugging away without resorting to lumping it up the park and finally got a wee break when McDonald spilled the ball near the end. 

We can play

better, and hopefully we will. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe