2023/24 Dutch football

Marten

41 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Are Ajax likely to get any further punishment like point deductions?

For the abandoned game, unlikely to be anything else than a (potentially hefty) fine. It has to get really bad and regular for point deductions to be considered, generally not a punishment the Dutch FA hands out for crowd trouble.

For the dodgy transfer dealings, no idea tbh. Investigation is still in an early stage and obviously they get the chance to defend themselves. If they are found guilty, I don't think there has been any precedent of that in Dutch football in recent years, so time will tell! As these are international transfers, it might not just be up to the Dutch FA, UEFA/FIFA might get involved. So it can be a lengthy procedure. 

I asked my team mates that I play with in our 6 a side league what was going on at Ajax, we'd just played a really good game - we were 4-0 down at half time but a brilliant second half performance saw us claw it back and it ended 4-4 against one of the better teams in our league, after 30 minutes of intense discussions and bickering they all turned to me and said "Stevie let's not spoil a nice evening and our decent season by discussing Ajax" so it would appear that even die hard Ajax fans are struggling to comprehend what exactly is going on.

9 hours ago, hague said:

Ajax game abandoned again this time due to an awful injury to rkc keeper he was stretchered off with several players in tears.hopefully not as bad as it looked.

He had to be resuscitated but seems to be stable now, so fingers crossed he'll pull through...

10 minutes ago, Marten said:

Great day. 🤩

Screenshot_20231001-153554_OneFootball.jpg

I was certain it was going to be flagged offside but looking at the replay Parrott looked like he was just onside ( hard to tell with the camera position though) also a really weird connection with the ball when he scored.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Is that riots in the street sort of stuff? They don’t exactly seem like a Fanbase that takes that sort of form lightly 

Might well be as you are right in that. I haven't kept up much with the news though today as I'm away. 

The last time Ajax were this bad they brought in. a new manager who built the side that won 3 European cups played in 5 consecutive European semi finals and became world champions so you never know what might happen.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Is that riots in the street sort of stuff? They don’t exactly seem like a Fanbase that takes that sort of form lightly 

Amsterdam police reported no incidents after the game, there was a large police presence in and around the stadium in anticipation of some trouble especially after what happened after de klassieker.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was the perfect chance for Ajax to climb out of the bottom places as they played bottom side FC Utrecht. Instead, Utrecht won 4-3, they overtook Ajax who are now in the automatic relegation places. 

3 hours ago, Marten said:

Today was the perfect chance for Ajax to climb out of the bottom places as they played bottom side FC Utrecht. Instead, Utrecht won 4-3, they overtook Ajax who are now in the automatic relegation places. 

Wow that’s mental 

I lived in the Dam early 90’s and got to watch De patat generatie in their formative years a few times at De Meer Van Der Sar, Bergkamp, etc

Left just before their first European Cup since the Cruijff days

Cant imagine Amsterdammers putting up with much more of that

Amsterdam mayor Femke Halsema has come out with a rather bizarre statement, she's not the most popular mayor the city has had in recent years, her predecessor Eberhard Van Der Laan was really popular but unfortunately died of cancer in 2017, her husband and son were involved in some dodgy stuff at the start of her tenure and she was criticized for some of her actions during the pandemic.

Anyway yesterday she announced that if Ajax win the title this season ( lol ) they can have their celebration on Museumplein, this is where they usually have their huldiging ( winning celebration) but it's been held at their stadium in recent times due to the financial cost and impact on the city centre, she's clearly trolling probably not the smartest move politically and the timing of the announcement is strange.

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

Amsterdam mayor Femke Halsema has come out with a rather bizarre statement, she's not the most popular mayor the city has had in recent years, her predecessor Eberhard Van Der Laan was really popular but unfortunately died of cancer in 2017, her husband and son were involved in some dodgy stuff at the start of her tenure and she was criticized for some of her actions during the pandemic.

Anyway yesterday she announced that if Ajax win the title this season ( lol ) they can have their celebration on Museumplein, this is where they usually have their huldiging ( winning celebration) but it's been held at their stadium in recent times due to the financial cost and impact on the city centre, she's clearly trolling probably not the smartest move politically and the timing of the announcement is strange.

Ajax dropped into the auto relegation places and she made such a statement? 🤣