England game 12th september atmosphere

Calz

With the international break not far away I was wondering what will the atmosphere be like against England will it be similar to the game against them 6 years ago at hampden or will it be really flat considering it’s a friendly the same with people standing I remember the last time we played them everyone in the east stand stood during the game same against Ukraine last summer.

8 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I’d be be amazed if the atmosphere is flat 

So would I but just had me thinking because of that Ukraine game last summer and how poor the atmosphere was considering that was our biggest game in years 

I think it’ll be a good atmosphere.

The Ukraine game was a weird atmosphere, it was much more nervy than usual because it was a knockout game but also, being the first game for Ukraine since the war started meant that there was a lot of support and less of an Us v Them atmosphere like you normally get. I just think people didn’t quite know what to do. 

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

The Ukraine game was a weird atmosphere, it was much more nervy than usual because it was a knockout game but also, being the first game for Ukraine since the war started meant that there was a lot of support and less of an Us v Them atmosphere like you normally get. I just think people didn’t quite know what to do. 

I personally think that were it not for the invasion we’d have been at the World Cup.

We were at a huge disadvantage compared to the Ukrainians in preparing for that match and the whole circus surrounding it probably affected the team.

1 hour ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

I’d expect it to be a lively atmosphere, especially if we beat Cyprus and are going into the game knowing we could qualify for the Euros if other results go our way. It could be a really special night.

Most people have been standing at all of our qualifiers so far.

Yeah most people In the west stand and north have standing 100% most of east stand was sitting tho do you think it will be different for england because I remember the last time we played them pretty much all all of the east was standing 

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

it's a friendly and they don't care about beating us anything like as much as we care about beating them. so it will be down to the home fans. 

I guess I think they’ll be put in early before anyone else so that could help the atmosphere 

Tell you what, friendly or not, but if the paying punter can't get themselves up for a Scotland v England game at Hampden then we may as well stop paying for the membership and tickets....seriously!!

The atmosphere should be a given, but I suppose it depends on the on field performance. I'm sure it will be as electric as Hampden can be at the start, after that then if the English are all over us and get a few goals then it's going to die, however you'd like to think we will do well and the support stay behind them.

As for the standing point, people have been standing at Hampden for years, I don't really get it personally but it's up to them and the stewards do nothing about it. You know people are going to do it, so if it's something you don't like then the next time you buy a ticket, look at moving to the South Stand where it's not the norm.

Probably depends how the game goes.  The atmosphere for a game like that will never be flat, but where it sits along the lines depends on the game.  If they're pumping us, it'll likely be pretty flat.  If we're pumping them, it'll be jumping.  

13 hours ago, Jambomo said:

The moment that said it all in that one was at half time.  They were winning, and up came an advert that invited fans to text in for "Lion of the Match" award or something similar, to vote for the best Ukrainian player.  Now i know why they're doing it, but at half time in one of the biggest games we'd had in ages when we're already losing just seemed like we may as well have just done what some of the roasters were suggesting and forfeited.  The approach was all wrong, and it wasn't for Wales.  They just shitfested their way to a win anyway.

It's just a friendly. Couldn't care less and would not pay the money to stand with people getting hyped about maybe beating a team who will see avoiding injury as a success. Far more important we do the business and get to Germany and grow up past this 'chip on our shoulder' attitude.