Stenhousemuir -vs- Dumbarton (Saturday 26 August 2023)

I'm looking forward to this. With the Binos gone, Stenny are my local club and the big terracing at Ochilview is one of my favourite away ends to visit. Our squad depth looks a lot better than the Warriors', but they will be the best attacking force we've faced this season; I can see O'Reilly and Yates causing us a few issues. Especially given Forfar (who are considerably weaker going forward) did in last week's really sloppy first-half.

Start almost as we finished last weekend and I'll be feeling upbeat. We've got two natural wing-backs, and both have plenty of pace to slot into defence and make it a 4/5 if we're getting overrun. I've been excited all week to see Blair Malcolm play again. Him and Finlay Gray could be an absolute pain to come up against. All that pressing, pace and aggression.

Brett Long

Aron Lynas Sean Crighton Mark Durnan

Carlo Pignatiello Finlay Gray Blair Malcolm Jinky Hilton Greig Young

Ryan Wallace Ross MacLean

Subs: Broun, Wylde, Blair, Orsi, D.Wilson, Byrne, T.Wallace, Shiels, Ruth (if he's fit).

Plenty of options on that bench who can make a difference too, just as MacLean, Jinky and Malcolm did last week.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm looking forward to this. With the Binos gone, Stenny are my local club and the big terracing at Ochilview is one of my favourite away ends to visit. Our squad depth looks a lot better than the Warriors', but they will be the best attacking force we've faced this season; I can see O'Reilly and Yates causing us a few issues. Especially given Forfar (who are considerably weaker going forward) did in last week's really sloppy first-half.

Start almost as we finished last weekend and I'll be feeling upbeat. We've got two natural wing-backs, and both have plenty of pace to slot into defence and make it a 4/5 if we're getting overrun. I've been excited all week to see Blair Malcolm play again. Him and Finlay Gray could be an absolute pain to come up against. All that pressing, pace and aggression.

Brett Long

Aron Lynas Sean Crighton Mark Durnan

Carlo Pignatiello Finlay Gray Blair Malcolm Jinky Hilton Greig Young

Ryan Wallace Ross MacLean

Subs: Broun, Wylde, Blair, Orsi, D.Wilson, Byrne, T.Wallace, Shiels, Ruth (if he's fit).

Plenty of options on that bench who can make a difference too, just as MacLean, Jinky and Malcolm did last week.

that's a decent squad when you see it like that

19 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

https://x.com/stenhousemuirfc/status/1694425318461706740?s=46&t=8kQXb1K67H3KHelfQVgD7A

I have no idea how much it costs as you need to buy credits for that website. Our game isn’t actually listed on there as an upcoming live event yet so I’m assuming you have to buy the 7 day pass for 600 credits, whatever that is in real life money terms.

I've gone through the whole rigmarole. Basically, it costs £5.

14 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I've gone through the whole rigmarole. Basically, it costs £5.

What a horrible platform. It’s only allowing me to buy a 28 day pass with daft credits and it wont actually let me select a payment method when I get to the checkout.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

The way we finished the 2nd half last week should be the way we start today's game. We can't persist with players and a formation that stifles any creativity we have. Blair Malcolm looked decent when he came on. Hilton and McLean changed the game for us. If Farrell really is committed to a more expansive and attacking style of football then he needs to start showing it. Today is the perfect opportunity to do so.

Great stuff from us to be 3 nil up.However such is the trauma of being a Sons fan i remind all on here of the binos game 2001 where we were 3 nil up only to be 4-3 down 20 mins later to eventually win 5-4.My heart couldnt stand that shit again so lets just shut up shop.