Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager 2023 Edition

Who will be Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager?  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reading the article it's based on the PLZ interview and a source at Hibs who hasn't given quotes, plus some bizarre segway into flight cancellations. 

I'd be surprised if the club didn't speak to him in some capacity given his availability and the willingness of a portion of the fans to bring him back but my coping mechanism is to think that this is just the club speaking to a broad range of candidates.  

I was all for Neil Lennon last time round bit it wasn't as good as I'd hoped it'd be apart from that excellent 6 months,so wouldn't be that keen on him coming back. The 'he'll not take any shit' idea gets pretty boring quickly as people don't usually like being shouted at all the time, that's not motivation!!

Maybe rather than signing a manager who's recently failed we should approach one that is doing well? So Montgomery and Arnold from Australia seems good options but no Scottish football experience which would be a drawback. Ian Murray had Airdrie and now Raith playing great football but didn't/haven't actually won anything yet but I think this would be the captain sensible option, but that's maybe with former Hibee tinted specs on....  McCabe at Airdrie now could be an option but is pretty young but had Airdrie playing well and did win promotion.

Edited by EastFife_Hibee

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Karl or Stephen? 

St Mirren manager mate.

Browns no chance from what I have heard tonight.   Ironically the next manager of Hibernian will be 1 of three Northern Irishmen. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

Lennon would be a total disaster so hopefully it’s a lot of shite. I’m sure the journalist that’s done the story is very close to Lennon and his agent. He’s trying to get some noise going around him getting the job or he’s actually been told something.

Be shocked if they brought back lennon. Scott brown would be different. This might be unfair but martindale has obviously done a great job at livi but I don’t think he would have the same success at any other club. 

Not a very inspiring list thus far